Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Avengers (May 4) - Countdown, Reviews are in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
    The thing I love about this film is that it didn't try to be as dark and good as a Nolan film, instead The Avengers was so amazing by going the opposite way.

It was just soooooo much fun and entertaining.

It just felt like a real comic book movie.

Seeing it again tonight :)
    You can't compare a dark "superhero" like Batman to the goofy superheros Marvel writes. In fact as a whole DC comics is much darker/for more mature audiences. I'll be EXTREMELY shocked if this move is as good as Dark Knight. It can be the 2nd best superhero movie ever but will be nearly impossible to top Dark Knight in my eyes which is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Dark Knight was considered runner up to Slumdog Millionaire for the best picture. Are you really saying Avengers is THAT caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I can't believe people still suck the Dark Knight's dick so much... One of the greatest of all time? Please...
    Just look at the individual acting performances. Multiple worthy actors of winning best actor but in the same film. It's almost unheard of to have that many great performances in one film. The plot itself was obviously amazing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

8th highest rated movie of all time on IMDB with about 700,000 votes.

So it's idiotic to call it overhyped or overrated. As I said... it's going to be nearly impossible to top the Dark Knight. Maybe Avengers is more entertaining.... but the better movie? Doubtful.

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You can't compare a dark "superhero" like Batman to the goofy superheros Marvel writes. In fact as a whole DC comics is much darker/for more mature audiences. I'll be EXTREMELY shocked if this move is as good as Dark Knight. It can be the 2nd best superhero movie ever but will be nearly impossible to top Dark Knight in my eyes which is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Dark Knight was considered runner up to Slumdog Millionaire for the best picture. Are you really saying Avengers is THAT caliber?
    Who was comparing? My comment said "the exact opposite way".

I don't bother with people trying to always compare films. I'm not a Marvel fan boy, not a DC fan boy, I'm just a comic book fan who appreciates the films they put out.

Just watch their movies and appreciate them for what they are.

They are both good films in their own unique way.
    Last edited by Jordan-esque; 05-04-2012 at 03:27 PM.

like i said people. we need to stop the "best superhero movie ever" debates.

This movie should be in the debate for BEST MOVIE of All-Time. Not best superhero, best action, but just plain best movie ever period.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K
    like i said people. we need to stop the "best superhero movie ever" debates.

This movie should be in the debate for BEST MOVIE of All-Time. Not best superhero, best action, but just plain best movie ever period.
    bro you gotta chill

Who was comparing? My comment said "the exact opposite".

I'm done with people trying to always compare films. I'm not a Marvel fan boy, not a DC fan boy, I'm just a comic book fan.

Just watch their movies and appreciate them for what they are.

They are both good films in their own unique way.
    I think I may have quoted you on accident. I think I meant to post it in general. I wonder how packed theater would be tonight on Friday. Probably apeshit busy. With my MCL tear I don't think I can be standing for long periods of time.

It's cool.

The Avengers and TDKR are the reasons for 2012 being the best summer for movies.
    Not impressed with Rises from what I've seen. I just can't get over them casting Bane without any CGI to make him bigger. Then he's supposed to be from the Carribean and instead in movie he's British? He's also supposed to be about 9 feet tall with venom in his system and about 500 pounds. The fact that Batman is nearly his size in this movie is a HUGE turn off.

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think I may have quoted you on accident. I think I meant to post it in general. I wonder how packed theater would be tonight on Friday. Probably apeshit busy. With my MCL tear I don't think I can be standing for long periods of time.

My theater had carpet so we just sat there for about an hour before they let us inside the theater room.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    bro you gotta chill
    can u name me 1 movie better released in hollywood cinema? like 1 movie u would say: _______ was a better movie than Avengers

i cant

My theater had carpet so we just sat there for about an hour before they let us inside the theater room.

Where do you live?

can u name me 1 movie better released in hollywood cinema? like 1 movie u would say: _______ was a better movie than Avengers

i cant

I will watch the movie at SM Mall of Asia.

i cant

like i said before, you gotta chill

i actually haven't seen the movie, but its ridiculous to say that a certain movie is the greatest after one viewing

Spider man 2 is the GOAT Comics Book Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SClogADuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JhRq...eature=related

Classic Train Fight Scene

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos

like i said before, you gotta chill

i actually haven't seen the movie, but its ridiculous to say that a certain movie is the greatest after one viewing
    i said it was in the debate for best movie ever. but how can u talk u havent even seen it lol

i plan to watch it again soon though

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Where do you live?
    California.

We only had 12 cinemas in our theater and all were showing The Avengers at 12:01. We happened to be in 1 of the 2 that only had a 3D showing.

The people seeing the 2D had to wait in line outside, and it went all the way around the building and a couple restaurants. Those of us with the 3D got to wait inside (guess that extra $3 was worth it).

We got in "line" around 8:00-8:30 and just sat there in the lobby with carpeted floors. The whole lobby was just packed with us Avengers 3D ticket holders. Some were dressed up as Captain America, Hulk, Nick Fury (who looked really like him), and a sexy Iron Girl. Oh there was a Spider-Woman too!

To kill time AMC employees played Avengers trivia and gave out pins and posters. We didn't get seated until around 10 pm.

The 3D was good. Not necessary in the first half of the film, but the final half including the last 40 minutes or so is beautiful in 3D. Wished we did IMAX but advance screenings had already been sold out for days.