Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Brock Lesnar = LeBron James

I'm a Brock Lesnar stan and I must say that I'm not surprised that he tested positive with the very stringent USADA drug test. UFC's previous drug testing wasn't as stringent as USADA's so Brock never tested positive before. Freak athletes/genetic anomalies simply don't exist without the use of PEDs. Guys as big, strong, and athletic as Brock Lesnar and LeBron James simply have to be cheating. If you believe that they are genetic anomalies then you probably believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency head Travis Tygart says it is not difficult for NBA players to beat the league's drug-testing program.

Tygart told ESPN.com that the NBA's testing program, which is built on six urine tests a year, is "not at all" tough to beat.

"Unfortunately, I think the athletes are being let down by the system," Tygart said in an interview with ESPN.com at the Sloan Conference on sports analytics Saturday at MIT. "Really, I've said it before. If there's no chance of getting caught, and you're overly competitive, you're going to do anything possible to win. That includes using these dangerous drugs because they will give you a performance-enhancing benefit.

"We're hopeful at some point the athletes are supported and given the opportunity to be held to the highest standards. They do it when they're subjected to the Olympic testing, a year out before the Olympic Games. They're under our jurisdiction subject to blood testing and out-of-competition, no-notice, no blackout periods for when they can't be tested. And they fully support it. We've never had a player say they didn't want to be part of the program because of the testing."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...esting-program

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Brock Lesnar = LeBron James

James hasn't just been subject to NBA testing, he's been subject to Olympic testing. It's quite possible that he's been doping but there's no proof. Brock Lesnar testing positive, a guy James may never have even met, proves nothing. By your logic we could just say that anyone that is an exceptional athlete is doping. No connection whatsoever.

Yawnnnnnn

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    James hasn't just been subject to NBA testing, he's been subject to Olympic testing. It's quite possible that he's been doping but there's no proof. Brock Lesnar testing positive, a guy James may never have even met, proves nothing. By your logic we could just say that anyone that is an exceptional athlete is doping. No connection whatsoever.
    The Olympics is such a short time period though. Very easy to cycle off. That is exactly what I'm saying genetic anomalies/freaks of nature simply don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    The Olympics is such a short time period though. Very easy to cycle off. That is exactly what I'm saying genetic anomalies/freaks of nature simply don't exist.
    So if you took PED/HGH you would be as big as Brock/Lebron?

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    So if you took PED/HGH you would be as big as Brock/Lebron?
    No. I'm saying Brock and LeBron are already athletically gifted but PEDs put them at level that is considered freakish/once in a lifetime level athlete.

This LeBron is already very gifted but with PEDs his strength and stamina make him a once in a lifetime level athlete. I call BS on all Freaks of Nature/Once in a lifetime level athletes.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Then why do so many athletes get caught? The Russian teams have been practically invalidated. And over in cycling there was a long period of time where they couldn't even crown a race winner without him getting busted as soon as the testing results came out. Guys are failing tests or in the case of guys like Alex Rodriguez getting busted with evidence getting dug up linking them to suppliers. With James you have no evidence, you're just saying, "he's a freak off nature, they don't exist." But you have no proof of anything. You ignore that James has been far bigger than his peers since high school. So what, has he been doing since he was 14?

James may be on something, it wouldn't shock me. But without any proof of any kind your accusations are baseless. By definition.

No. I'm saying Brock and LeBron are already athletically gifted but PEDs put them at level that is considered freakish/once in a lifetime level athlete.

This LeBron is already very gifted but with PEDs his strength and stamina make him a once in a lifetime level athlete. I call BS on all Freaks of Nature/Once in a lifetime level athletes.

LeBron was only 18 in that picture.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    As a Brock stan I had the same attitude towards him when I was younger. I thought that he was special. I thought that he was superhuman. That kind of BS is simply ignorant hero worship. LeBron, JJ Watt, and Brock Lesnar aren't superhuman.

Brock leapfrogged physically, there were signs of him using some type of drugs... Lebron however was 6'7"-230 lbs as a 15-16 year old, ripped, muscular and even more athletic (hops & speed/quickness) than he was ever in the NBA believe it or not... grew an inch, started lifting simple weights for 20-30 more lbs, maintaining thereafter... Lebron has no sign of such a thing, he was big & athletic since i remember first seeing him in 2000-01, just a great gift and he is working very hard to maintain it...

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

There are genetic anomolies in human biology. That is a fact and not subject to debate. Yao Ming was a genetic anomoly. This thread is full of stupid tbh.

If a guy tests positive for a banned substance, that's an indictment of him, not sports as a whole.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

As a Brock stan I had the same attitude towards him when I was younger. I thought that he was special. I thought that he was superhuman. That kind of BS is simply ignorant hero worship. LeBron, JJ Watt, and Brock Lesnar aren't superhuman.
    Brock Lesnar's steroid abuse was always as obvious as the nose on his face. Have you ever seen him in his collegiate wrestling days? He looked like a different person and that was when he was in his early 20s.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron was only 18 in that picture.

This is a high school picture of Brock Lesnar.

That is a 14 year old Brock. This is why I thought that he was a genetic anomaly. Don't think he was using PEDs at 14. He was already athletically gifted but PEDs pushed him to a Superhuman level.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Brock leapfrogged physically, there were signs of him using some type of drugs... Lebron however was 6'7"-230 lbs as a 15-16 year old, ripped, muscular and even more athletic (hops & speed/quickness) than he was ever in the NBA believe it or not... grew an inch, started lifting simple weights for 20-30 more lbs, maintaining thereafter... Lebron has no sign of such a thing, he was big & athletic since i remember first seeing him in 2000-01, just a great gift and he is working very hard to maintain it...

High School Brock Lesnar.