Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by 7_cody
    It's basically NBA 2k13 with a patch that improves defense, spacing, increased collissions and some other tweaks that balances the game out

So while definitely a better game, anyone not buying it isn't really missing anything - for someone like me though, I would pay the $60 just for the improved blocking capabilities

But yeah, it feels like I am playing NBA 2k13, since it is NBA 2k13 and I get bored of it quick since I have been NBA 2k13 for over a year
    So the graphics aren't better? I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Why? It's running on 2005 hardware.

Dunking on everybody in the park

If they are then I haven't noticed, like maybe more detail on faces or something. I am pretty sure that all they did was patch a few things, changed a couple jump shots, implement the blocking system, better spacing, you can drive and kick now which is cool (haven't done this yet, but I read that you can), so some gameplay changes, but the exact same graphics and game as far as I can tell

Honestly, I would have been cool if they didn't release an NBA 2k14 for Xbox 360. I would have preferred that every ounce of time was spent on the next gen version, but that's just me, and since they did make a current gen version, I had to buy it

The lebron path to greatness mode is pretty fun. I'm on the Allen Iverson comeback game right now

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Why? It's running on 2005 hardware.
    So 2k6 has same graphics as 2k12?
    Exactly.

Home of the 16

Chris Paul doesn't look like Chris Paul anymore. 2k13 looked like Chris Paul.

Dunking on everybody in the park

The changes are mostly small, but the small changes really make a huge difference

Two things that I love, one, you can actually block shots now. Also, I love that if you drive to the basket you can draw fouls now. I took like 14 free-throw shots in my sixth game or something on My Career mode.

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting past your defender? In 2k13 you could just kind of triple threat, jab stab a few times and then blow by. Doesn't seem like you can do that anymore. What I have noticed is that you have to wait until your defender is out of position, if he is even slightly to the side then you can blow by. I have gotten cross overs and other ballhandling moves to work in order to move my defender so that I can blow by, but it is hard as frick to do. I have probably dunked it only 3 times in like 13 games with good dunk and athletic ratings. Has anyone found anything that works?

NBA Superstar

From all I've seen, there really doesn't seem to be a significant graphical improvement. Some faces have been altered (LeBron James' headband is now higher) but for the most part, I think most of 2K's graphical talent moved on to the next generation. Even the presentation and overlays are more similar to its previous iteration than any other year. The gold plating has been removed (and some random shields and chains) but everything else is pretty much the same in that regard - replays, wipes, overlays, halftime show, etc.

I'm usually a day one 2K purchase guy but aside from a few of the gameplay tweaks, I'm a little underwhelmed this year. Before August, I was actually expecting to get one more solid concentrated current gen year out of 2K. I thought focus wouldn't be so diverted until 2K15. Alas, I seem to have been incorrect.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 10-03-2013 at 02:21 PM.

At least they stopped the vc glitches. But people buy them anyway which irks me. Not so much people spend money but 2k makes money. But whatever

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    At least they stopped the vc glitches. But people buy them anyway which irks me. Not so much people spend money but 2k makes money. But whatever
    I wish they didn't let people buy VC.

It would make blacktop better if everyone was on the same level and it would force people to play the career mode.

It's kinda lame cause you get VC from just playing the game.

Played it a bit yesterday and the game is more realistic. Can't just run around double teams, shooting is much harder and post offense is much more difficult.

Are the servers up yet?

I'm starting to get use to the controls, and damn, the game is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    I'm starting to get use to the controls, and damn, the game is awesome.
    how do u jump stop?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    how do u jump stop?
    X two times