Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #136
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

how many women are in MMA???

Ronda Rousey is 9-0

is she the champion of a group that is only 40-50 women or so in size??? serious question, that is important here

you guys are talking about A WOMEN facing A MAN that not only out weighs her by 30 lbs but it also one of the greatest boxers of all time. Yeah he doesn't have any take down skills but like others said if he just gets a few months of training in he should have no issues.

Like I said earlier the 200th ranked male tennis player would destroy Serena Williams at tennis, where there is a LARGE field of women and Serena is built like a male. You guys don't get just how disadvantaged women are to men here.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #137
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Floyd would get Raped Colorado style in a MMA match...

Mayweather is a defensive fighter who regularly uses the Phill shill defensive stance, that stance isn't effective once you put wrestling/grappling into the picture. Rhonda would rush in right away and clinch with Mayweather where Mayweather basically becomes a fish out of the water, his strikes becomes nullified. He'd get thrown, taken down then submitted.

yeah i really think Rousey could easily win and i think most people are seriously under estimating how important ground is in fighting in general and how much easier it is to take the fight there so long as they can last the initial flurry of the puncher, or somehow avoid it altogether.

i also think leg kicks would really mess up Floyd, or any boxer really. their plant foot or step in would get smacked hard every time with leg kicks and i'd thinki that would be a big part of any stand up against a boxer.

it can go either way but the boxers chance is all on his flurry's and catching and dazing the MMA person and if that doesn't happen he's screwed IMO.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #138
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
So, if she were to fight someone like Jose Aldo. It would come down to whoever has the better technique? She could probably tear up David West, even though he has 100lbs advantage, because she is far more skilled as an MMA figher than he is?

No ..

what I'm saying is...PBF is not much bigger then Rhonda.

PBF has little to zero understanding of Submission Grappling/takedown defense.

So in that context she has a huge advantage.

If she was Fighting someone who weighed 100lbs more.....her advantage would be less.....but PBF is not 100lbs more

(If she did fight someone 100lbs more her technique would certainly help her alot...compared to if she had no understanding of hos to fight )

Jose Also is a world Champion and has amazing BJJ ( i think a BB?)..so technique is trumped....again
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #139
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Ronda Rousey is 9-0

is she the champion of a group that is only 40-50 women or so in size??? serious question, that is important here

you guys are talking about A WOMEN facing A MAN that not only out weighs her by 30 lbs but it also one of the greatest boxers of all time. Yeah he doesn't have any take down skills but like others said if he just gets a few months of training in he should have no issues.

Like I said earlier the 200th ranked male tennis player would destroy Serena Williams at tennis, where there is a LARGE field of women and Serena is built like a male. You guys don't get just how disadvantaged women are to men here.

that disadvantage tbh is very similar to the vast gap between someone who knows MMA/BJJ and a boxer who doesn't. i mean there is really a GIGANTIC aspect the boxer is completely clueless about, and i'm not sure if a month or two of training can make up for it. all it takes is a loose arm and the BJJ person wins. i can even see a boxer easily making the mistake of using his left arm as guide for a haymaker right throw or something where the BJJ just grabs that guide arm and bars it. like lets say Rousey is in guard and letting Floyd come in and jump on top thinking he's just going to demolish her using his left arm to hold her down and land straight rights...i could easily see that happening and Rousey just taking that arm where FLoyd is like wtf.

there is just such a skill art to it that isn't so much about strength and size but thats why BJJ is the real deal.

Last edited by Godzuki : 03-10-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #140
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Layla Ali weighs around 168 and is 5'10"

Mayweather is around 148 and is 5'8"

Mayweather would absolutely DEMOLISH Layla Ali in boxing...even with that enormous size difference, THAT is how disadvantaged women are to men in terms of physicality

There are plenty of high school basketball teams that would fckin clean house in the WNBA where the women are taller than they are...

the difference between men and women is TOO MUCH TO OVERCOME...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #141
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Layla Ali weighs around 168 and is 5'10"

Mayweather is around 148 and is 5'8"

Mayweather would absolutely DEMOLISH Layla Ali in boxing...even with that enormous size difference, THAT is how disadvantaged women are to men in terms of physicality

There are plenty of high school basketball teams that would fckin clean house in the WNBA where the women are taller than they are...

the difference between men and women is TOO MUCH TO OVERCOME...

No dude, BJJ is special and magical, gender and strength differences don't apply. It's only technique
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #142
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
that disadvantage tbh is very similar to the vast gap between someone who knows MMA/BJJ and a boxer who doesn't. i mean there is really a GIGANTIC aspect the boxer is completely clueless about, and i'm not sure if a month or two of training can make up for it. all it takes is a loose arm and the BJJ person wins. i can even see a boxer easily making the mistake of using his left arm as guide for a haymaker right throw or something where the BJJ just grabs that guide arm and bars it.

there is just such a skill art to it that isn't so much about strength and size but thats why BJJ is the real deal.
EASILY

Foyd already has foot skills...you think he suddenly transforms into some clueless uncordinated pssy when trying to learn ground skills?...he would be a natural at it, as he is clearly a natural athlete...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #143
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:

Ronda Rousey is 9-0

Bolded is pure BS....

so if Ronda Rousey learns how to bob and a weave and run backwards while changing her footwork for a few months then PBF will never hit her ....

that's basically the same thing you said...

Rousey has been doing Judo since she was in diapers...she is an Olympic caliber Grappler...PBF could train for years...he will never be as good on the ground as RR

If she gets him to the ground.....Rousey by anything she wants.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #144
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Bolded is pure BS....

so if Ronda Rousey learns how to bob and a weave and run backwards while changing her footwork for a few months then PBF will never hit her ....

Rousey has been doing Judo since she was in diapers...she is an Olympic caliber Grappler...PBF could train for years...he will never be as good on the ground as RR

No, because men are more agile, quicker, and faster is it really that hard to see?

I can go to the gym and lift for one month and probably get to a higher weight than a woman who's been lifting for a year. Well, I already go to the gym and lift but that's not the point.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #145
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Bolded is pure BS....

yeah and Venus and Serena grew up with tennis rackets shoved up their assholes and they get the floor mopped on them by scrub ass men tennis players...

you're still talking about a MALE vs. a FEMALE

there is literally NO SPORT where females are equal to males...none, not even fckin billiards which is probably the closest women could get to equaling men
Old 03-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #146
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
No, because men are more agile, quicker, and faster is it really that hard to see?

I can go to the gym and lift for one month and probably get to a higher weight than a woman who's been lifting for a year. Well, I already go to the gym and lift but that's not the point.

No it would be like you going to the Gym for a month and expecting to be as strong as ...

or practicing the 100 meter Dash for a month and expecting to be as fast as an Olympic caliber woman track athlete....

Rousey is the cream of the crop Judo player....not just a woman who has been doing it for awhile....
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #147
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:

Ronda Rousey is 9-0

This guy...

that dude still was a Pro Tennis player??? WTF?

MMA and Boxing are different sports...

Rounda Rousey beating Floyd Mayweather in an MMA match is very different from a male pro tennis player beating a female tennis player. That statement was ridiculous.

We know from the history of MMA that a grappler can beat a striker and beat them even with incredible size and strength differentials. Those facts of the game wouldn't be any different if we're talking a man vs. a woman especially Rounda Rousey. Mayweather is obviously a lot stronger than her and faster than her. If he hits her it's lights out but he's never had an MMA fight and doesn't have the tools to avoid Rousey's ground game if she gets a hold of him.

The 300th ranked Male MMA fighter will prolly beat up Rousey.....

that's not the debate...a boxer will little to zero Takedown defense against a Woman World Class Grappler ( of similar weight ) has a great chance of getting taken down and submitted.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #148
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:

No it would be like you going to the Gym for a month and expecting to be as strong as ...

or practicing the 100 meter Dash for a month and expecting to be as fast as an Olympic caliber woman track athlete....

Rousey is the cream of the crop Judo player....not just a woman who has been doing it for awhile....

not to mention Rousey is a different breed than most others where she llived it growing up. her mom was a olympic judo something and supposedly would be getting Rhonda in judo holds since she was little, even waking her up with judo holds. but i figure thats why she's so messed up and such a crazy spazz. she has major psychological issues.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #149
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
This guy...

that dude still was a Pro Tennis player??? WTF?

MMA and Boxing are different sports...

Rounda Rousey beating Floyd Mayweather in an MMA match is very different from a male pro tennis player beating a female tennis player. That statement was ridiculous.

We know from the history of MMA that a grappler can beat a striker and beat them even with incredible size and strength differentials. Those facts of the game wouldn't be any different if we're talking a man vs. a woman especially Rounda Rousey. Mayweather is obviously a lot stronger than her and faster than her. If he hits her it's lights out but he's never had an MMA fight and doesn't have the tools to avoid Rousey's ground game if she gets a hold of him.

The 300th ranked Male MMA fighter will prolly beat up Rousey.....

that's not the debate...a boxer will little to zero Takedown defense against a Woman World Class Grappler ( of similar weight ) has a great chance of getting taken down and submitted.
they sports in the same realm...

would Adrian Peterson get crushed in a female rugby league???

would prime Barry Bonds suck in a female cricket league???
Old 03-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #150
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
not to mention Rousey is a different breed than most others where she llived it growing up. her mom was a olympic judo something and supposedly would be getting Rhonda in judo holds since she was little, even waking her up with judo holds. but i figure thats why she's so messed up and such a crazy spazz. she has major psychological issues.

most of these posters here have no F'ing clue what they are talking about...

they think "training take down defense for a month" will help PBF..

James Toney Grappled for like 4 months ( WOW!!!...4X's what P Diddy said!)

and still got taken down in under a minute..

not crazy to think Ronda could do the same thing....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: