Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jeff Bower is our new GM

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Just read an article about Pistons looking at Josh Smith for Ben Mclemore centered trade...
    Hypothetical or legit rumor? I kind of like that. I remember before the draft last year we were all hoping he was going to drop to us. Now we have KCP though. I just don't see how that works. Although I do think McLemore has far more upside. For all the SG related rumors that tells me the Pistons don't see a future for KCP.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I think ESPN first broke this rumor, so who knows if it has any merit behind it? But I think it is growing momentum...

Mclemore + Williams for Smith + Harrelson was the likely trade, but also have heard Thompson, Landry and Terry's name floating around...

I would be straight on the phone to the jazz offering them Mclemore for Burke, as it appears Exum wants to be a pure point guard...

Then would just need to trade Jennings away for pretty much nothing, and bring in a SF...

NBA lottery pick

I was saying in a different thread that Burke must be on the market now. I know they think they're going to play them together but I don't see it working. I wouldn't mind looking into getting him either.

I'd pull the trigger on the McLemore & Williams trade right away. I feel like Williams could finally find a good fit here. He can knock down an outside shot which is something we really need. Of course we have Jerebko too, so I'm sure we're going to see more of him this season. Anyway around it Williams has more upside. The times where he's been played he's done pretty well. He just sits the bench too much.

Williams has a pretty comparable game to Smith's. Ultra athleticism, both can play the tweener forward position and both have decent range for a big guy (well, Smith thinks he does anyway)...

And Williams wouldn't be any older than what, 23?... Would work nicely off the bench, and could share minutes at both forward spots with Jerebko...

Mcelmore for Burke makes too much sense,

Exum / Mcelmore ir better than Burke / Exum from a positional and complimentary standpoint. I would assume that Mcelmore and Burke have similar value (perhaps Burke slightly more after his rookie season but back to even trade value after Jazz drafted Exum).

The other move I have heard some whispers around is Smith to Knicks for Shumpert + Bargs...

Decent college freshman

We supposedly offered 3/24 to Isaiah Thomas. That's weird if true, though he is better than Jennings.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    The other move I have heard some whispers around is Smith to Knicks for Shumpert + Bargs...
    I guess the bonus to that would be Bargnani is an expiring contract. He would be alright next to Dre, but he can't play any defense. I'm not sure who we could attract to Detroit as a FA in 2015 though.....

Sign Thomas, then send Smith and Jennings to Kings for Mclemore, Williams and Thompson? Kill two birds with one stone ;)