Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Default Re: Wow. Time out. Wait. Man shoots guy who killed his kids VIA DUI and he's not guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    As others said they didn't have all the evidence. They probably should have gone with a lesser charge anyway. But I agree, regardless of what someone has done you can't just give people a walk for shooting them.
    Especially when it's unclear if alcohol is directly responsible for the crash. After I combed over some more details on this case, it turns out the father and two kids were pushing their car down an unlit road. Not saying that makes it OK to hit them, but who's to say whether or not that had more to do with the crash than the alcohol?

Who's to say the Dad even knew the kid was drunk. Maybe he was just mad over his kids. It's understandable, but we can't be allowing people to gun the other person down every time an accident happens citing momentary insanity as the excuse.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Wow. Time out. Wait. Man shoots guy who killed his kids VIA DUI and he's not guilty?

I remember this too... Father was just as at fault as the drunk

He had his kids pushing his car on a dark rural road late on a weekend night, honestly that's just asking to get hit by a car, very unsafe

Just walk home and get your car next day

Texas doesnt **** around man

Joe Horn: “I’ve got a shotgun; do you want me to stop them?”

The Pasadena emergency operator responded: “Nope. Don’t do that. Ain’t no property worth shooting somebody over, O.K.?”

Mr. Horn said: “But hurry up, man. Catch these guys will you? Cause, I ain’t going to let them go.”

Mr. Horn then said he would get his shotgun.

The operator said, “No, no.” But Mr. Horn said: “I can’t take a chance of getting killed over this, O.K.? I’m going to shoot.”

The operator told him not to go out with a gun because officers would be arriving.

“O.K.,” Mr. Horn said. “But I have a right to protect myself too, sir,” adding, “The laws have been changed in this country since September the first, and you know it.”

The operator said, “You’re going to get yourself shot.” But Mr. Horn replied, “You wanna bet?”

Moments later he said, “Well here it goes, buddy. You hear the shotgun clicking and I’m going.”

Then he said: “Move, you’re dead.”

There were two quick gunshots, then a third.

“I had no choice,” Mr. Horn said when he got back on the line with the dispatcher. “They came in the front yard with me, man.”

The 911 call ended about 80 seconds after the shots were fired, when officers arrived on the scene.
    Keep in mind that he ran out of his house to shoot two dudes that were robbing his neighbors. He was never in any danger until he went vigilante on them.

He was cleared by a grand jury via no bill.
    Last edited by kentatm; 08-28-2014 at 12:14 AM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

While he will never get anything close to justice cause he lost his kids this is as good as you can get it, finally some common sense dude did the world a service getting rid of some drunk piece of crap that killed his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    Good. One less shitty father in the world.
    No good at all.

Good. One less shitty father in the world.
    terrible post. driving drunk doesnt necessarily make someone a shitty father

NBA rookie of the year

This is one of the best decisions in american judicial history.

David Barajas is a personal hero of mine now.
    I am an atheist but thank god that this poor man was found not guilty for murdering the drunk driver that killed his sons.

Drunk driver ruined this poor man's life. I dont care if they found him constantly reloading and putting bullets into the drunk drivers dead body.

I would never have convicted Barajas if I was on his jury.
    This is why jury nullification is so important.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    terrible post. driving drunk doesnt necessarily make someone a shitty father
    Making irresponsible decisions and following through on them doesn't make someone a terrible father? He has/had an infant just born days ago and decides to drive after drinking. That's an irresponsible decision if I've ever heard of one.
    Even if he didn't kill these boys, he could've just as easily killed someone else. God forbid he decided to take his newborn for a drive after drinking. He could have also ended up in jail if he had been caught driving by cops.
    He should've known better. He had a newborn at home to take care of. Now that little girl is growing up without her biological father in her life. Little baby probably got lucky.
    Last edited by DwnShft2Xcelr8; 08-28-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Making irresponsible decisions and following through on them doesn't make someone a terrible father? He has/had an infant just born days ago and decides to drive after drinking. That's an irresponsible decision if I've ever heard of one.
    Even if he didn't kill these boys, he could've just as easily killed someone else. God forbid he decided to take his newborn for a drive after drinking. He could have also ended up in jail if he had been caught driving by cops.
    He should've known better. He had a newborn at home to take care of. Now that little girl is growing up without her biological father in her life. Little baby probably got lucky.
    That little girl is lucky her daddy died?

You know you're a moron right?

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Jury nullification.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I remember this too... Father was just as at fault as the drunk

He had his kids pushing his car on a dark rural road late on a weekend night, honestly that's just asking to get hit by a car, very unsafe

Just walk home and get your car next day

I have helped push cars at that age.

How about dont drink and drive and kill some innocent kids.
    Drunk driver deserved to have his skin peeled off. got off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

I have helped push cars at that age.

How about dont drink and drive and kill some innocent kids.
    Drunk driver deserved to have his skin peeled off. got off easy.
    If I remember correctly he had his two sons pushing his car at like 3AM on a dark rural road and on a weekend night on top of that.

Horrible choice... Every driver is drunk at that hour, in fact wouldn't be surprised if he was... He then walked all the way home to get his gun and came back where the driver was trying to save the boys he hit.... He then unloaded on him.

I also remember it being noted the two boys were blocking the tail lights... So they were completely dark to on coming traffic

NBA rookie of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raUh...o_eiXAupbDfxWw
    CNN report on the story. Thankfully cops and prosecutors went easy on Mr Barajas. Barajas reminds me of another hero of mine, gary plauche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE
    Man who murdered the guy that kidnapped and raped his son. The murder was caught on tape, but a court of law let him off too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    No, they don't (see: affluenza kid).

This is a rare exception to the rule.
    No texas gets it right more often than not, nowadays. In the past no, but in 2014 yes.

ethan couch deserved the needle though. that judge should be disbarred. She also gave another teen only 10 years for killing a man by randomly punching him.

Ethan couch ruined so many lives, it pisses me off he gets to live.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    If I remember correctly he had his two sons pushing his car at like 3AM on a dark rural road and on a weekend night on top of that.

Horrible choice... Every driver is drunk at that hour, in fact wouldn't be surprised if he was... He then walked all the way home to get his gun and came back where the driver was trying to save the boys he hit.... He then unloaded on him.
    I am familiar with the story.
    e then walked all the way home to get his gun and came back where the driver was trying to save the boys he hit.... He then unloaded on him.
    Like i said my hero. the boys were already dead. He insured justice was served
    They were close to home, I would have asked my dad to let me help him push the car home
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 08-28-2014 at 01:27 AM.