Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan to return for the 2012/2013 season?

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i like how everyone is taking this ridiculous fantasy scenario to bash MJ "HE'LL GET EMBARASSED!" "He'll get destroyed and owned and swatted!!!" "He wouldn't be able to score 5 points!" as if it means anything. i mean, wouldnt any 50 year old be torched? so what's the use of these statements?

and they're all people with Laker logo in their avatars
    Yes, but not all of them actually think they're better than most the players today.

And Harrison, Bird got some lift on his jumpshot in his prime, plus he was taller than MJ and not to mention a different player. Jordan wouldn't be doing sh!t in the league.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    Apparently there are some rumors going on in Charlotte that MJ is actually planning to return for the 2012/2013 season. During this season Michael will turn 50 and it is said that Mike wants make a statement that age is not an obstacle anywhere in live. Therefore choosing the season in which he turns 50 would fit just perfectly. Furthermore this would make sense as the team could be built up the next two years so that in 12/13 they could have a real shot for going deep in the playofffs with MJ.
    It is said that Jordans knee is know fully recovered and in a way better shape then it was in his Wizards years. As people in Charlotte claim Mike will work out hard for the next two years and is eager two return two the court in a better shape then he did in 2002.
    What do you think? Is this just some smack talk or could there be some truth in those rumors. Somehow it sounds believable to mo on the other hand it just sounds to good to be true.
    However with his knee fully recovered i am sure Mike would be at least as good as in 2003. Age is not a factor this days any more.
    Stop lying and making things up.

7-time NBA All-Star

Jordan could still score in the NBA I'm sure with his size at the 2 guard position and fadeaway/mid-range jumper. I mean he averaged 20/6/4 on 45% shooting in 2003.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yes, but not all of them actually think they're better than most the players today.

And Harrison, Bird got some lift on his jumpshot in his prime, plus he was taller than MJ and not to mention a different player. Jordan wouldn't be doing sh!t in the league.
    even if what you're arguing--that 50 year old Jordan is worse than 50 year old Bird or other 50 year old NBA players--is true, what does that prove or say? does it take away from what Jordan did in 97? 87? and Jordan thinking he can compete is just part of his personality. Just like 60 year old Wilt was sitting at home criticizing everyone and probably thinking he would drop 100 in any era against anyone. Great players have egos and don't just suddenly back down because they age. I bet you during any practice you'll hear former-players-turned-assistant-coach talk a little smack to current players. When Kobe reaches say, age 39, he wouldn't suddenly think some 21 year old rook would whup his ass. When Lebron's 55 he wouldn't admit that a 17 year old high school junior could beat him one on one. that's just how men are. we all have pride.

you just hate the man, don't you? i've seen you jump into any jordan thread and call him an as*hole or lowlife or something of that ilk.

all the replies on here reeks of immaturity. talking about how jordan would get swatted now or embarassed doesn't say or prove anything of value. it's just an immature way for immature people to get in some cheap shots. it's like me saying Kwame Brown could drop 50 on Kareem today if they played head to head and then throw in a bunch of smiley emoticons.
    Last edited by EricForman; 04-06-2010 at 08:40 AM.

even if what you're arguing--that 50 year old Jordan is worse than 50 year old Bird or other 50 year old NBA players--what does that prove or say? does it take away from what Jordan did in 97? 87? and Jordan thinking he can compete is just part of his personality. Just like 60 year old Wilt was sitting at home criticizing everyone and probably thinking he would drop 100 in any era against anyone. Great players have egos and they always think they can conquer any challenges.

you just hate the man, don't you? i've seen you jump into any jordan thread and call him an as*hole or lowlife or something of that ilk.

all the replies on here reeks of immaturity. talking about how jordan would get swatted now or embarassed doesn't say or prove anything of value. it's just an immature way for immature people to get in some cheap shots. it's like me saying Kwame Brown could drop 50 on Kareem today if they played head to head.

I've called Jordan an ass before, because he simply is. Though I've stayed and argued in many Jordan hate threads that he is clearly the undisputed greatest ever with knobs such as Roundball and Fatal.

Where did I say anything about Jordan's other accomplishments? What the f*ck are you honestly talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Jordan could still score in the NBA I'm sure with his size at the 2 guard position and fadeaway/mid-range jumper. I mean he averaged 20/6/4 on 45% shooting in 2003.
    Yeah he'd score about 5 ppg on 35% shooting.

Banned

The guys is 50 f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR]ing years old!

i like how everyone is taking this ridiculous fantasy scenario to bash MJ "HE'LL GET EMBARASSED!" "He'll get destroyed and owned and swatted!!!" "He wouldn't be able to score 5 points!" as if it means anything. i mean, wouldnt any 50 year old be torched? so what's the use of these statements?

and they're all people with Laker logo in their avatars
    Exactly.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

I've called Jordan an ass before, because he simply is. Though I've stayed and argued in many Jordan hate threads that he is clearly the undisputed greatest ever with knobs such as Roundball and Fatal.

Where did I say anything about Jordan's other accomplishments? What the f*ck are you honestly talking about?

that the replies in the first page are mostly silly immature replies meant to take cheap shots. all over something jordan didnt even say and based on one posters lies? its pointless. why dont i start a thread about hakeem teaching people footwork and then talk about how Al Jefferson would run circles around Hakeem in the post and drop 40 on him?

i just thought it was funny most of these replies had laker avartars.

7-time NBA All-Star

Yeah he'd score about 5 ppg on 35% shooting.
    So he'd drop off that much in 7-8 years despite perimeter defense getting softer? 5 ppg? MJ would get that in the post alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCIq7QMdV0c

So he'd drop off that much in 7-8 years despite perimeter defense getting softer? 5 ppg? MJ would get that in the post alone.

He could get 20PPG. The fadeaway is unstoppable.

LMAO, not surprised that the only people who think MJ could still average 20 ppg are his delusional fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    LMAO, not surprised that the only people who think MJ could still average 20 ppg are his delusional fanboys.
    You cant even touch people these days but 20 points is out of the question?

Wow.

A broken down AI gets 14 points a game but its a stretch for 20. Okay.

I never understand the reason that people create fictions like this one. Jordan is not coming back to basketball, if he did he would be completely embarrassed, and all of his scoring records would take a hit. He would drop himself from a 30ppg scorer to a 27 ppg scorer and leave Wilt as the all time leader in PPG. MJ doesn't want to do that. He would get less than 10 points a game, he would be giving up 30 at the other end.

Edit: Not to mention that at 48 my dad can barely run any more, let alone play his sports (Boxing). There is a reason players retire at a certain age, and it is not because they are still able to play basketball.

that the replies in the first page are mostly silly immature replies meant to take cheap shots. all over something jordan didnt even say and based on one posters lies? its pointless. why dont i start a thread about hakeem teaching people footwork and then talk about how Al Jefferson would run circles around Hakeem in the post and drop 40 on him?

i just thought it was funny most of these replies had laker avartars.
    Jordan has made several comments on that matter, though I won't bother. Look through old posts and you'll see what I mean.

Are you kidding me? Take a look at most players from their peak (usually around 28), and 8 years later at 35-36... Wilt dropped off by 20ppg, Kareem by 9ppg, Magic dropped off dramatically, Oscar's ppg halved in the time, Larry dropped off by 8ppg, Shaq's ppg halved from 28ppg to 14ppg, Hakeem's ppg was cut in half, etc.

Now take that with a 40 year old to 48... You are downright stupid if you think he could average more than 8ppg on credible shooting efficiency.