Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: RoboCop (out in 2014)

PG-13?

omfg...Robocop PG-13?

I will not see this...ever...not on DVD, not on HBO, not ever in my life

what's next a G rated Friday the 13th movie?

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    PG-13?

omfg...Robocop PG-13?

I will not see this...ever...not on DVD, not on HBO, not ever in my life

what's next a G rated Friday the 13th movie?
    Hollywood is raping my childhood. What is coming next? A sitcom starring Bugs Bunny and friends?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Hollywood is raping my childhood. What is coming next? A sitcom starring Bugs Bunny and friends?
    what's next they turn Darth Vader into a little pu[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]sy whipped t[COLOR="Black"]w[/COLOR]at?

Weller, Smith, and all those guys are still alive. I want lots of cameos.

   

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Weller, Smith, and all those guys are still alive. I want lots of cameos.
    in that case they also need to remake "the adventures of buckaroo banzai across the 8th dimension."

[size=5]"that's big boo-T

pg-13 ruined it for me as well. my memory of robocop 1 and 2 will forever be pure!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Just from a quick scan of the trailer, I'd guess this is heading for an R rating, which I agree would help it's cause. The campy violence is a big part of what is essentially a socially satiracal exploitation flick. The trailer had hints at the violence. A pretty graphic shot of the mutilated body. And some implied sexual content, that could obviously be edited way down.
    Nope, director went out of his way to make sure it was watered down and defanged enough to make a PG 13 rating. You have to remember that the original was over the top with the graphic violence because it was an Indie so there was a lot more artistic freedom. This is the ultimate studio money grab flick. They want to ensure they can exploit this thing as much as possible financially. Can't have the kiddies seeing a man used as a shooting gallery or a guy's body melting and then exploding when hit by a car.

RoboCop Director Jose Padilha Will Keep The Original's Irony But Not The R-Rating

Jose Padilha is not remaking your father’s RoboCop. “That would be silly,” the director told us during a recent conversation. “I love the first movie. It’s amazing. It’s iconic.”

But times have changed – locally and internationally – and Padhila’s vision of a new RoboCop should transition along with them. (Ironically, the actual hometown in the bloody, blue-collar original film – Detroit – recently filed for bankruptcy and likely could use a legitimate hero, but that’s another story.) The director follows in the footsteps of Total Recall, taking a genre classic and applying a fresh coat of topical paint. What does he have planned? And will it work? Here’s more from our conversation with Padilha, where we discuss the use of drones in battle, the family RoboCop needs to protect, and the ways his film compares to Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy. But first, check out the film's brand-new trailer, which just dropped yesterday:

When I mentioned I’d be doing RoboCop interviews, the only thing anyone reading us wanted to know is if you’re going for an R rating. The first RoboCop is so violent, in a fun way. Is that a mandate? Or is it not even a concern?

[COLOR="Red"]I’m not going for an R rating.[/COLOR] I don’t buy into the idea that because the first movie was R rated, the second movie has to be R rated.

For starters, I am not trying to do the first movie again. That would be silly. I love the first movie. It’s amazing. It’s iconic. [COLOR="Red"]It’s characterized by its very bold, stylized decisions, and the use of violence has to do with that styling. The use of violence in the first RoboCop is not for fun.[/COLOR] It’s a statement against fascism and against a certain state of affairs in the world at that time, and it was used that way.

The world is different now. It’s not the same as before, one, and I don’t know if that style decision applies anymore … at least, not to the kind of, to the way we are approaching this movie. So, basically, I am doing my own thing. I am doing a rendering of RoboCop the same way that, you know, we had another rendering of Batman as opposed to the old one. So, you know, the Michael Keaton Batman is very different from the current Batman. They are not the same. They are very different and so, it’s OK to make a different movie.

[COLOR="Red"]Our RoboCop, I think … its an attempt to make a movie that’s going to be fun[/COLOR]

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/RoboC...ing-39319.html

It's gonna be good, wholesome family fun. He also goes on to babble about how this Robocop will be commentary on the current state of military engagements and the use of drones, blah blah blah. Just a shameless money grab using a known commodity.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

It's strange that he's not trying to make a violent Robocop. Ever see his Tropa de Elite movies? Those were extremely violent films with well done social commentary....something the original Robocop was too.

My guess is it's more of the studios that are watering down the film and not the director's intention.

Here's another quote by the director:

[I]“I talked to Jos

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    After watching the trailer:

An explosion kills him? OMG they just fvcked uo one of the most awesome and gruesome origins of all time. He was shot, a lot when he died, he didn't explode. Christ Hollywood....
    The only thing I thought in beginning of trailer officer was down then he gets blown up from car maybe people were after him and finally got to him? That's the only thing I could see with that other than that would be stupid. I am a big Terminator/Robocop fan so I will see this....

[QUOTE=Joshumitsu]It's strange that he's not trying to make a violent Robocop. Ever see his Tropa de Elite movies? Those were extremely violent films with well done social commentary....something the original Robocop was too.

My guess is it's more of the studios that are watering down the film and not the director's intention.

Here's another quote by the director:

[I]

This is so stupid. Robocop was a great action movie because of the violence, and the great villains.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

official trailer #2

http://youtu.be/xPLSpmAtc1Q

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

^ That trailer is significantly better. Movie probably still won't be good, but I have a tiny bit more hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRJ0r0eivk

The New Trailers looks good.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Not exactly the film I wanted to see Jose Padilha make after the masterful "Elite Squad: The Enemy Within", but I'll give it a chance.