Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

Is Thaddeus Young a part of the 76ers future?

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    When it is all said and done who will be better, Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant? Do you judge better by stats, rings, or both?
    ooo, this is a good one.

College star

I keep hearing other raps fans say we should draft Kyrie Irving (I think thats the name) wanna gimme the lowdown on him? Strengths and weaknesses.

I don't watch any college ball.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Whos gonna win? Lil B or Kevin Durant?

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    When it is all said and done who will be better, Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant? Do you judge better by stats, rings, or both?
    I think Kevin Durant will be better. Melo might have a more complete all around game, but Kevin Durant's physical attributes to go along with his deadly shooting ability makes him nearly impossible to guard.

I judge who's better by both winning and statistics, but more so winning. Obviously, I'm not going to go out and call Robert Horry a better player than Allen Iverson or Charles Barkley, but I would clearly take current Tim Duncan over Zach Randolph.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerDefense8
    Is Thaddeus Young a part of the 76ers future?
    If Iggy gets dealt, then absolutely. Thad's still young (no pun intended...ok, maybe a little) and has a lot of talent. I'd like the Sixers to give him a long term deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden695
    I keep hearing other raps fans say we should draft Kyrie Irving (I think thats the name) wanna gimme the lowdown on him? Strengths and weaknesses.

I don't watch any college ball.
    For team's looking for their point guard of the future, Irving is the closest you'll find to a "sure thing" in the college ranks. There's no doubt in my mind that this kid is going to be a star. He reminds me of Chris Paul a bit. He's not a freakish athlete like Rose, Wall, Westbrook, etc. but he's still well above average and he couples it with great decision making, court vision, and good perimeter shooting.

Strengths:
    - Shooting ability
    - Decision making (knowing when to push the tempo and when to run the team in the half court)
    - Court vision
    - Leadership ability and maturity
    - Crafty finisher around the rim

Weaknesses:
    - A bit turnover prone
    - Sometimes gambles on defense
    - Solid, but not a lockdown defender

Definitely a guy that the Raptors could build around.

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    Whos gonna win? Lil B or Kevin Durant?
    KD.

Decent playground baller

Why is the basketball always orange, think of all the merchandise they could sell if they let the ball change colors.

College star

Thanks and repped.

What do you think would Knicks defense improve a lot if they fire D'Antoni and bring Jeff Van Gundy ?
    Would it make Knicks a better team ?

What do you think would this team be a contender ?
    Felton
    Fields
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Defensive C

Coach: Van Gundy

What do you think about the blazers? Will they make the playoffs? What do you think of LA, Batum, Mills?

Do your guts tell you Griffin will be the GOAT PF?
    What do you think of Ekpe Udoh and Aminu?
    And who are your all stars in the West?

Not airballing my layups anymore PimpinZaZa's Avatar

Do you think the Hawks are really just a second round playoff team at best? Do you think they can compete in the next few years building around their current core?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    Why is the basketball always orange, think of all the merchandise they could sell if they let the ball change colors.
    I've seen basketballs sold in all different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    What do you think would Knicks defense improve a lot if they fire D'Antoni and bring Jeff Van Gundy ?
    Would it make Knicks a better team ?

What do you think would this team be a contender ?
    Felton
    Fields
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Defensive C

Coach: Van Gundy
    They would definitely improve defensively, but they'd probably take a step back offensively as well. I think D'Antoni is the right coach for this team, but a good defensive minded assistant similar to Tom Thibs for the Celtics would be a big help. With a solid bench, then I think that team has a chance at contending but are by no means a lock to win it.

Someone like Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby or Marcin Gortat would really help the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by EoJ
    What do you think about the blazers? Will they make the playoffs? What do you think of LA, Batum, Mills?
    Not a Blazers fan, but they look primed to make the playoffs with Aldridge's recent emergence. I liked their young core but Oden and Roy look like they'll pretty much never be injury free and that's pretty catastrophic to the franchise.

Aldridge - always thought of him as soft big with a nice jumper, but he's really come on lately and started playing more aggressively in the post. He deserves to be an all star this year.

Batum - a lot of people forget just how young this guy is, he'd still be a senior in college and is already an important contributor on a good team. If he's given more flexibility for his offensive role, he's got the potential to be one of the premier swingmen in the league.

Mills - he's a good shooter, has elite quickness, and has good court vision as well as slashing ability...so what's holding him back? I'm guessing his defense and size. I've always thought he could be similar to Tony Parker after watching his outbursts against Team USA a few years back.

How good do you think Michael Beasley can be?

And who does his game remind you of?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Do your guts tell you Griffin will be the GOAT PF?
    What do you think of Ekpe Udoh and Aminu?
    And who are your all stars in the West?
    He'll be great, but not the greatest PF of all time.

Ekpe Udoh - versatile big men that's going to be a good player, just don't see him as a center playing next to David Lee. He'll thrive next to a center that can pass like Bogut or Al Horford. Great shot blocker, solid jumper, and surprisingly good ball handling ability. Needs to get more minutes.

Aminu - not a star, but a sure fire rotation player and possibly starter as long as a he's part of the Clippers' future. I like his length and activity on offense, transition game and his ability to knock down the 3.

Western All Stars (fan vote included):
    Chris Paul / Deron Williams / Russell Westbrook
    Kobe Bryant / Manu Ginobili
    Kevin Durant / Blake Griffin
    Carmelo Anthony / Dirk Nowitzki / LaMarcus Aldridge
    Pau Gasol / Tim Duncan (despite how much I would have liked to include Kevin Love)

Quote Originally Posted by PimpinZaZa
    Do you think the Hawks are really just a second round playoff team at best? Do you think they can compete in the next few years building around their current core?
    I do think the Hawks are a second round team at best. I don't think they can compete in the next few years because the Joe Johnson contract has really stifled their financial flexibility and they're going to have probably re-sign Jamal Crawford if they don't want to become worse. As good as this team is, they just don't have that extra gear that the elite teams do. I think the Bulls have surpassed them in the East.