Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

And
    I would pick assuming i dont know how they are gonna pan out based on their college or high school play

KAJ
    Lebron
    Bird
    MJ

However seeing their careers
    MJ(of course he doesnt retire in this scenario)
    Kareem
    Bird

I cant talk about lebron at this stage because we havent even seen the prime of his career yet

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Knowing how their careers turned out........??? I can't take Jordan over Jabbar, and I can't take either one of them over Chamberlain.

Those 3 guys stand alone in basketball that I have seen as it happened. Jordan was not better than they were.
    Left him out to not be a Wilt stan

Depends on how the organization is going to market around them.

If it was for making the most money, it would be around Jordan and James. But since were talking about today's league, it's Abdul-Jabbar with Jordan followed behind him (could go either way). Then, I flip the coin between Bird and James.

I think there's better players out there too draft from than just these 4 (S. O'Neal, M. Johnson, etc.. were mentioned), so it would be interesting to see where people select who when taking taking into account the team concept, league rules today, and the direction of what the organization wants to focus on.

Assuming my goal is to maximize team success, assuming I don't know how their careers will pan out.

Kareem
    Bird/Lebron
    Jordan

assuming I do

Jordan
    Kareem
    Bird

Since I don't know how Lebron's career will end up, I can't include him in that second comparison.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Where were you when Lebron was winning 60+ games with role players as his next best option?

even more idiotic saying Bird is a stat padder too...no wonder Knicks fans get a bad rep.
    as i said lebron/bird will give you immediate wins no matter who their teammates are but they cant make the whole greater than the sum of its parts once paired with other players because of their statpadding tendencies. So you need superior talent to win with them coz a pippen type whos just another iguodala aint getting it done. In fact lebron already lost his first finals appearance with the heat despite having superior teammates. Its the same reason why bird never won multiple times in his prime. He got his first ring when he was not yet producing superstar numbers. Their impact is really not great like people make it seems to be. Just ask oscar. Coz statpadders are cancerous to a team. Theres a reason why duncan(for small markets) and russell are the winningest players in this league because they arent statpadders.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Truth in its purest state. Only people in denial about LeBron's greatness would take Bird and Kareem over LeBron. People talk about LeBron's help in Miami, lmao. What about the trash he was single-handedly dragging to 66 win seasons in Cleveland? Kareem basically rode Magic's coattails to 3 of his titles. And as far as Bird... please. It's an insult to compare him to LeBron. It's like comparing Kobe (Bird) to Jordan (LeBron) - one player is clearly far better. LeBron and Jordan are the top 2 players of all-time. Simply revolutionized and dominated this game to an extent that no one else ever has.
    LMAO you clearly are the dumbest poster in here. comparing bird to kobe when in fact lebron is the one who plays like bird and kobe to jordan. Theres a reason why kobes ring count is not even on par with the 2(bird and lebron) of them combined. Only idiots would think lebron is on par with jordan when we have seen statpadders like him before like robertson who won nothing and bird who only won one in his prime.

LeBron still needs to prove something. He had an amazing playoff run in 2012 and having a historic season so far. But he suppose to get 2013 ring. There is no team which is capable of defeating the Heat in a best of 7 series. 2013 ring will be one of the easiest rings and will not affect his career/legacy greatly. I'll leave out LeBron until most of questionings about him being concluded.

My draft order would be like this;
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    2. Larry Bird
    3. Michael Jordan

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    LMAO you clearly are the dumbest poster in here. comparing bird to kobe when in fact lebron is the one who plays like bird and kobe to jordan. Theres a reason why kobes ring count is not even on par with the 2(bird and lebron) of them combined. Only idiots would think lebron is on par with jordan when we have seen statpadders like him before like robertson who won nothing and bird who only won one in his prime.
    Quit your crying son. WTF are you even rambling on about? Oscar Robertson is nowhere near LeBron's level. The Jordan comparison was in reference to their impact/dominance, not playing style. Jordan and LeBron are the two most dominant individual players to ever play. Kobe and Bird are similar in terms of impact, and neither was as good as LeBron/Jordan. LeBron has the next two titles locked up, which will complete a 3-peat. He will only be 30 by that point with another 6-7 years left to win more. He and Jordan will be regarded as the two greatest ever. Nobody else will deserve mention.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quit your crying son. WTF are you even rambling on about? Oscar Robertson is nowhere near LeBron's level. The Jordan comparison was in reference to their impact/dominance, not playing style. Jordan and LeBron are the two most dominant individual players to ever play. Kobe and Bird are similar in terms of impact, and neither was as good as LeBron/Jordan. LeBron has the next two titles locked up, which will complete a 3-peat. He will only be 30 by that point with another 6-7 years left to win more. He and Jordan will be regarded as the two greatest ever. Nobody else will deserve mention.
    dude his career would end up worse than oscar had he not joined miami. And lol at impact. I think what youre trying to say is stats coz when it comes to impact, hes nowhere jordan or kobe just like bird is nowhere jordan. Only idiots thinks hes an impact player when clearly players like him are cancerous. Again look at oscar.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    dude his career would end up worse than oscar had he not joined miami. And lol at impact. I think what youre trying to say is stats coz when it comes to impact, hes nowhere jordan or kobe just like bird is nowhere jordan. Only idiots thinks hes an impact player when clearly players like him are cancerous. Again look at oscar.
    Uh, no. He'd end up with like 6 MVP's even if he didn't join Miami (which he'll do now anyway), which is far better than Oscar's legacy. How can you even compare Kobe to Jordan? "Nowhere near Jordan or Kobe" as if Kobe himself is near Jordan.

LeBron is close to Jordan. Not better yet, but closer to Jordan than anyone who's ever played.

give me micheal jordan aka the greast to EVER PLAY THE GAME

Local High School Star

jordan...........
    lebron needs to join all stars team,jordan never do this,he develope Pippen & Horace Grant and bring them to sucess,while James join a Team with Bosh & Wade
    Last edited by Greg Oden 50; 03-25-2013 at 12:07 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    If you know how their careers turn out how can anybody choose Bird or Lebron over Jordan?

Jordan
    Kareem
    Bird

Lebron

Jordan dominated the League from 88-98, 12 combined regular season & finals MVPS. Dude was literally untouchable and after 91 never lost a playoff series (unless you wanna count his "comeback" loss to the magic..but we saw what happened after he had an entire off season to get back into bball shape)

There's no other player id rather build around than Mj, look at how many different rosters the dude won championshps with.

Also, everybody on that list besides MJ had a FMVP playing alongside them for atleast one of their championships.

Bird, Kareem & Lebron all won championships playing alongside OTHER FMVPS
    Great post, repped.

3-time NBA All-Star

Uh, no. He'd end up with like 6 MVP's even if he didn't join Miami (which he'll do now anyway), which is far better than Oscar's legacy. How can you even compare Kobe to Jordan? "Nowhere near Jordan or Kobe" as if Kobe himself is near Jordan.

LeBron is close to Jordan. Not better yet, but closer to Jordan than anyone who's ever played.
    LOL please stop embarrassing yourself. At least oscar had one ring while lebron would be ringless despite the 6 mvps. He would end up as the most overrated player in history.

Local High School Star

LOL @ Bird being in the same category as Kareem, MJ, or even Lebron.