Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Grinder's 2011 Final Mock Draft (1-60)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Awwww Grinder, why couldnt Sixers take Goudelock! Kid can shoot his ass off.

I dont know too much about Malcolm Thomas tho. Guessing he is one of those perimeter defenders.
    I figured since we already have Jodie, no need for Goudelock, although, I wouldn't hate that pick.

Malcolm Thomas is a really athletic combo forward, I liked what I saw of him in the few SDSU games I saw.

I realized I completely forgot about Justin Harper, stuck him in there in the second round and Keith Benson too.

Shumpert is horrible, I can't believe he's crawled into the first round in most projections now. The scouts must not have seen him play at GT, and just looked at his combine results, because the guy is plain bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    NBADraft.net has all 3 listed as SG's.

NBAdraft.net is awful. They had Enes Kanter going #1 a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Whatever happened to Lucas Nogueira?
    Dropped out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    This. They had Biyombo in the 20s until yesterday.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I've got Richmond going early second round. I'm surprised he's gotten no 1st round consideration...I think he's got a ton of potential and it seems like people forget he was only a freshman. Do you know why he declared? He definitely could have used another year or two.

McCamey, I've never really been high on.

Liggins is going to stick in this league whether he gets drafted or not. He can handle the ball, pass, and is an elite on ball defender. Not a bad shooter either. Really impressed this year.
    There are a lot of rumors circulating on why Jereme declared early. I don't know which ones are true though. In short, he got into a physical altercation with Brandon Paul which led him to being suspended for the tournament, could have failed a drug test (for weed, but this story wasn't confirmed), and was not doing well in school. His status for next year was up in the air. If he got his GPA up then he would've been able to play, but instead he decided to go the NBA and hope that people will bank on his potential.

I think whatever team that gets him will need to keep his attitude in check. He's had attitude problems since high school. He's very, very raw so there's a ton of talent to be cultivated. Get his attitude straight and force him to learn the game, and he's a lottery talent in two years. Has to be the right team though.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    No chance Knicks would take Shumpert over Singleton.

Shumpert has become a real option for the Knicks (unfortunately), but not if Singleton is on the board.
    Eh, idk.

The Knicks actually wanted Shumpert to stop working out for other teams after he worked out for us. We'll see.

Okay, I will now go by Grinder.net, is that your NBA Draft website??

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Okay, I will now go by Grinder.net, is that your NBA Draft website??
    How clever.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    There are a lot of rumors circulating on why Jereme declared early. I don't know which ones are true though. In short, he got into a physical altercation with Brandon Paul which led him to being suspended for the tournament, could have failed a drug test (for weed, but this story wasn't confirmed), and was not doing well in school. His status for next year was up in the air. If he got his GPA up then he would've been able to play, but instead he decided to go the NBA and hope that people will bank on his potential.

I think whatever team that gets him will need to keep his attitude in check. He's had attitude problems since high school. He's very, very raw so there's a ton of talent to be cultivated. Get his attitude straight and force him to learn the game, and he's a lottery talent in two years. Has to be the right team though.

Ahh, thanks for the info. I never would have guessed he had attitude problems. Always seemed like a mild mannered guy to me, looks can be deceiving. He always seemed really raw, but I thought a few years in college and he could be a big time college player and NBA lottery pick.

[QUOTE=Grinder]

Pretty much a crapshoot in the second round:

31. Heat

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE24isdabest
    nailed that shumpert
    Grinder schools me by having Shumpert over singleton to Knicks.

Tied DraftExpress for most number of first round picks, had 3 more than Chad Ford and 2 more than NBAdraft.net. Projected 52/60 players drafted vs. Draftexpress who had 51.

Got Tanguy Ngombo at 57.

Shumpert has become a real option for the Knicks (unfortunately), but not if Singleton is on the board.
    Oops

Nice call

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Tied DraftExpress for most number of first round picks, had 3 more than Chad Ford and 2 more than NBAdraft.net. Projected 52/60 players drafted vs. Draftexpress who had 51.

Got Tanguy Ngombo at 57.

grinder, since you're the most accomplished scout on ish, could you explain the logic of tristan thompson at 4? i dont get it, i dont see what he does better than valanciunas, and how he can play alongside hickson