Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency

Default Re: Free Agency

Seriously though, how would you guys feel if Tinsley was signed, on say a 1 year cheap deal. That's to say, contract apart, do you think he can contribute something positive?

Mixed feeling on Tinsley. Best veteran PG out there. Questionable character with baggage. Could be really help/mentor Jrue Holiday? Would be complain about playing time here knowing Lou Williams would be the starter?

So I'm not sure.

I'd pass on Tinsley. Best backup PG available but gotta remember its a backup. I don't like him being the one to tutor Jrue and it's not like a good backup PG is going to affect our win/loss column anymore than an average backup PG. Get a good vet who's had his time in the league, knows the ins and outs, but is still able to give you time on the floor. Speights and Jason had Ratliff/Donyell, Jrue right now has nobody. And Tinsley is not what I want. What's he gonna do, take him out to a strip club and show him how to shoot guns in the parking lot? Pass.

lol

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

I have never been the biggest fan. Bad shooting percentage, yes he can pass but that's about it in my book. Not a great defender, but gets steals. Idk...as a backup I'll pass too, because I don't think he'd settle on that. I want someone who is used to being a backup and will teach Lou and Jrue with passion. Not be butt hurt because they aren't starting.

Remember when I mentioned Flip Murray and his Philly ties a while back?

With Williams, Holiday and Willie Green the only full-fledged guards on the roster, Stefanski is continuing his search for a veteran. A source familiar with the situation confirmed some early contact concerning Atlanta Hawks unrestricted free agent Ronald "Flip" Murray (a Philadelphia native who played at Strawberry Mansion High), but said that Murray's agent is looking for more than a 1-year commitment.
    Everyone's turned off by our 1 year offers. Thing is, the guys we're offering are only 1 year type of players. Murray hasn't been able to ever stick with a team, why's he expecting a multi-year deal now? Just too early for them to settle right now I guess.

Just too early for them to settle right now I guess.
    Bingo...as the days continue guys will take the 1yr deals

Even though we offered him more money, and he's from the area, Hakim Warrick went to the Bucks.

A source familiar with the situation confirmed that the 6-9 Warrick, a onetime star at Friends Central, has agreed to the terms of a one-year contract with the Milwaukee Bucks. Warrick, via agent Bill Duffy, is believed to have accepted a deal worth $3 million, even though the Sixers supposedly offered slightly more, dipping in to a portion of their $5.8 million mid-level exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Even though we offered him more money, and he's from the area, Hakim Warrick went to the Bucks.
    Maybe it had to do with the possibility of PT. Although Bucks have a few forwards (Alexander, Prince Luc, Kurt Thomas, etc) none is really solid and Warrick can compete for minutes.

Also, Salim Stoudemire is available. Not sure I'd want him, but he provides range (at a low % and nothing else though).

Sun Yue and Mike Taylor are available.

Yue is a scrub, but Taylor should be worth a close look.

Isn't Taylor similar to Lou? Wow the era of the pure point guard is long behind us. I was never really interested in Warrick just surprised he would pass up a homecoming with more money for...Milwaukee. Cleveland should have got him instead of Moon.

Yeah playing time was the factor there. Why come to Philly with Dalembert, J.Smith, E.Brand and M.Speights here? Where is the playing time coming from? I mean Sixers traded Reggie Evans to free up space for Speights. And Hakim is going to believe there is playing time available here? Its risky because he wants to go to a situation where he can get as much playing time as he can to play for a contract next season. Not saying he'll break the bank, but he will want more than a 1 year deal. He'll want atleast 3, for job security.

Even if the Sixers were to move Dalembert I'm not sure I'd welcome Hakim Warrick here. I just dont see what he does that helps us. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just moreso intrigued with Jason Smith and Marreese Speights progression next year.

Man with Eagles here now? I'm losing a little interest into who the Sixers fill the roster with. lol

Signing Primo Brezec

link

Can you say championship?

Signing Primo Brezec

link

Well well, Stefanski countered Cleveland's move for Shaq.

Seriously, Brezec is decent for a leftover. He is being brought in to play behind Smith and MoSpeezy, so it's not very relevant, but I think he is good for the role he is being given.

Sidenote: Brezec averaged 13pts & 7rbs one season (which was 5 years ago, and he didn't even finish last season in the NBA )
    Last edited by artificial; 08-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Learning to shoot layups the big stick's Avatar

Signing Primo Brezec

link

The good news here is that it's a one year deal. Second, the 76ers organization has just assured us a lottery pick next season.
    We are in for a long year gents.