Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

It was the right move for the Lakers, all due respect to Derek Fisher he shouldn't even be in the NBA right now. If we kept Fisher it would have been disaster for the Lakers at the PG spot with Sessions/Blake/Fisher. Would Fisher be man enough to go from being a starter to a bench warmer? Do Blake & Fisher split 10 MPG each from the bench? No thanks, I would much rather see something like Sessions 28-30 MPG, Blake 18-20 MPG with Fisher not even in the rotation, but I doubt Fisher would be happy with that. We gave up a first round pick, but keep in mind we also saved money by trading Fisher AND we made our point guard position less awkward & more efficient with Sessions/Blake.

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    You are stupid.

When was the last "Clutch shot" Fisher made? 2009? 2010?

He's trash now, give it up.
    pretty sure he hit a gamewinning 3 earlier in the season.

I don't know if Kobe will trust Blake. I don't know if I trust blake either tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    The thing is with a decent PG now, more often then not the lakers aren't going to need those clutch shots from him. ANyone saying the Lakers got worse is delusional. Blake has been outplaying fisher all season and should have been the starter. This trade just accomplished what brown failed to do earlier. Bench Fish
    Their stats are pretty much identical but the only time Blake makes a f*cking shot is when we're up 20. Otherwise he's absolute useless.

Fisher is the opposite and always gets buckets when we need one. Fish can't play D, but Blake is just as awful at defense. Dude was getting torched by ****ing Vasquez last night.

As much as I disliked Fisher as a starting PG, I didn't want the Lakers to trade him...i'm gonna kinda miss Fish, man. I know Kobe and co. will. Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So, you want your corner three shot by someone who is shooting 25% threes on the season?

I prefer leaving the shot to someone who is shooting 41% from three on the season (Sessions).

Mathematics, it's fundamental.
    I'm happy with the pickup of Sessions, I just think we should have dealt Blake's worthless, bum ass instead of Fisher. Fisher was also our locker room guy. Don't see that in the stats, but that doesn't mean it isn't important.

Banned

Any Lakers fan complaining about this trade should never, ever complain about Kobe's supporting cast ever again, because this was a step in the right direction by effectively trimming incumbent fat from the roster. If you wanted said fat sticking around, how are you going to take issue with other players not stepping up when the team needs it?

If you want a 'locker room guy', sign someone like Scalabrine for peanuts. Instead, you've been paying Fisher over $4 million a season since 2007 to be a defensive liability.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I'm happy with the pickup of Sessions, I just think we should have dealt Blake's worthless, bum ass instead of Fisher. Fisher was also our locker room guy. Don't see that in the stats, but that doesn't mean it isn't important.
    LOL if you would rather Keep Fisher over Blake. Blake is just a flat out better basketball player, he is MUCH quicker, a better ball-handler, a MUCH better defender, & he knows how to push the ball up the court.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Their stats are pretty much identical but the only time Blake makes a f*cking shot is when we're up 20. Otherwise he's absolute useless.

Fisher is the opposite and always gets buckets when we need one. Fish can't play D, but Blake is just as awful at defense. Dude was getting torched by ****ing Vasquez last night.
    Yeah but we also have Sessions now who should be starting. Blake is the better option for a back up PG and the Lakers obviously made the right choice. Fisher gets burned a whole lot more by the opposing PGs then Blake does as well. Neither of them can play D but blake is better. Blake also sets up our bigs a lot better then fisher does

Banned

no player is worth pissing off kobe

i know hes not the guy to blow games

but holy shit is this the best reason hes ever had to start

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    LOL if you would rather Keep Fisher over Blake. Blake is just a flat out better basketball player, he is MUCH quicker, a better ball-handler, a MUCH better defender, & he knows how to push the ball up the court.
    lol @ much better defender. Blake is a garbage defender just like Fisher is.

Not airballing my layups anymore Streetballer's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    no player is worth pissing off kobe

i know hes not the guy to blow games

but holy shit is this the best reason hes ever had to start
    I really don't know what expect as far as how upset Kobe is going to be. I mean obviously he isn't going to like losing one of his most trusted teammates but he has to realize that the team definitely got better right. Anyway looking forward to what he says. Wasn't he scheduled to be on a radio show later today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    I really don't know what expect as far as how upset Kobe is going to be. I mean obviously he isn't going to like losing one of his most trusted teammates but he has to realize that the team definitely got better right. Anyway looking forward to what he says. Wasn't he scheduled to be on a radio show later today
    ya..... he cancelled it

Magic Johnson

I doubt Kobe gives a shit. I know he's buddies with Fisher, but he's also a selfish narcissistic asshole. He's probably thinking of ways in which Sessions can help him (as opposed to the Lakers).

Lakers play houston on march 20... Watch fisher get a double double lol