Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 10-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #151
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
not sure it's quite the same. you can make the argument i guess, but shaq will need to rejuvenate if he's going to be the number 1 guy on two more finals teams. jordan was the undisputed best player on all his finals teams. shaq was the undisputed best player on his first 3 titles. it is definitely a good thing when a player with diminishing impact has the brains to defer to younger talent, but i'm not sure it puts you in the same league as someone who is clearly the best on his team for every title.

i agree.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #152
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

The Heat have a good shot of getting to the Finals at least.

The Ben Wallace situation benefits Miami the most, because it weakened Detroit, their main Eastern rival.

Chicago is still a young team, and probably won't come out of the East this year ... not quite ready.

New Jersey could cause some problems for Miami though if they can stay healthy. Kristic seems to play well against Shaq.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:05 AM   #153
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I dont think NJ will ever cause Miami problems. They just cant play them well in teh playoffs. They've basically been swept two years in a row, that first game fluke this year notwithstanding. Only other teams that could come out the east are Detroit and Chi. We'll see how starting Sheed and Dice works out, and we'll see how Ben W. and P.J. work with Detroit. They played Miami the best out of everyone in the east last year w/o the two of them, the additions might be enough to get over the hump. Indiana is going to be tough too with everyone healthy and Harrington on board.

Cavs, NJ, Washington have no chance. Its between those three, detroit, miami, and chi.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:12 AM   #154
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Garnett was playing with this lineup.

Martin, Garnett
Hassel, Hoiberg, Wally with a broken back
Spree, Wally with a broken back
Garnett
Johnson, Olowokandi

Even Wilt or Jordan couldn't have won with that. All Garnett needed was a player with a score first mentality come fourth quarter and he could have went all the way. Cassel was that player during the regular season. Then he got injured early in the playoffs and that's the only reason the Kings didn't lose in 5-6.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #155
Cafca
I airball my layups

Cafca has an OK reputation so far

Shaq has quit on the Lakers many a time, and likewise called the fans, the city, the Laker owners and organization stupid (all the while proclaiming it’s his city)…when has Kobe ever done this? When has he called out the fans like that? Somehow many of you are brainwashed by Shaq’s dumbass and the media that it’s unbelievable. Kobe hated his work ethic and let it be known which resulted in Shaq wanting to be traded (there was more to it than that of course). How is what Shaq has done loyalty? How is that being humble? How is that leadership? How is that even acting like an adult? I’m not a Kobe groupie, but I’m sure as hell not a Shaq groupie (or any groupie…if Kobe wasn’t on the Lakers I’d still think of him as a great player but I’d continue to follow the team and not him).

What Shaq said was dumb…childish…egotistical…among other things, and yet many of you are still defending him. While he won the first three, four other players were just standing on the court watching him do his thing right? In Miami, they won it for him – as if to say that they were playing for him and it was just for him? He wanted to go to Miami because it was a weaker division and he could have more chances at a title. He didn’t’ want to go to Indiana not because it was cold, but because he’d have to actually work.

What some of you are saying about Shaq playing with Vince Carter or Allen Iverson instead of Kobe in those championship runs with the Lakers is not what he said. He didn’t say “if I had played with someone else, I would have won anyway”. He said he alone did it, so you can’t replace Kobe with someone else because there wouldn’t be anyone else since he did it all by himself, remember?

He is just saying stuff like that because he has nothing left.
Cafca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #156
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Kobe fans are the worst....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: