Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Struggling offense not Kings biggest concern(Bee Article-Miller out 2 weeks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Bee
Struggling offense not Kings biggest concern
Sam Amick - BEE STAFF WRITER
Published 4:03 pm PST Sunday, November 5, 2006

Print | E-Mail | Comments (0)

By Sam Amick BEE STAFF WRITER

Maybe Chuck Daly was right.

Maybe - as the championship coach once told Eric Musselman long before he was running the Kings - it does take 50 games for a coach to get to know his team.

After going 1-2 on the opening road trip, the Kings certainly seem a ways away from knowing themselves. A number of players are indicating a dire need to work together more on offense, with no shortage of one-on-one attacks, set plays being freelanced and poor shot selection.

Forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim and small forward Ron Artest said there needs to be a concerted effort to attack the rim or concentrate on the post rather than relying on their ice-cold outside game.

Still, even the struggling offense isn't their biggest concern right now. The injury to center Brad Miller, from what I'm told, could keep him out for at least a couple of weeks. Miller left the Bradley Center floor Saturday night in the third quarter. He whipped off his left shoe and proceeded to spend much of the evening with trainer Pete Youngman inspecting his foot that is plagued with plantar fasciitis (inflamation of the foot tissue). That's a taboo term for Kings fans, who saw Doug Christie's days in Sacramento end with the old P.F. plaguing him for so long.

But, hey, at least Miller can rest his feet in his own bed for a while. The Home Opener Tour finally is over, with the Kings set to host their own Monday night after playing the visiting role for three consecutive games.

*sigh* Will we ever catch a break?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

*Sigh of relief* We are 3 games into the season, we are long overdue for an injury. We all knew someone had to get injured atleast it wasn't someone who was playing well ie Kevin Martin.

Honestly, since the kings are not running the high post offense much, Brad Miller isn't worth a lot to the Kings. True, he is a big body who grabs the occasional rebound and sticks, or atleast tries, to stick with other teams bigs; however, he isn't the same bruiser who stepped up to Shaq a few years ago.

Whats the difference between SAR and Bmill starting?
Statiscally, they aren't that different. Of course, BM52's got a few inches and some weight, but its not like he uses those extra inches to post up, block shots, or get a lot of rebounds.

This does mean that kenny thomas will be expected to amp up his rebounding to close to 10. Artest is doing great on the boards, but i expect him to slip to 7-8 rpg during this week.

Will this exposure of the King's lack of depth/talent downlow spur the GM/owners to trade for a big time big man ala Kenyon Martin? Randolph? Boozer? Jerome James?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

The real bad part about this is it forces Kenny to play more minutes. There's a difference between Miller and Reef/Kenny:

2nd Quarter of game vs Bucks: Miller/Reef in, team feeding post and Brad holding Bogut to 6 points

3rd Quarter of game vs Bucks: Reef/Kenny in, Bogut explodes for 15 points in that quarter and Kenny-yuck. Kenny got scored on repeatedly. If it wasn't Villanueva scoring on him it was SAR and someone else switching onto Villanueva while he tries to cover Bogut and gets owned. Reef got owned by Bogut too but definitely not as bad as Kenny(my hate for this guy continues to grow).

So who's done the most for us so far at PF/C: Miller>Reef>>>>>>>Thomas.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

.....guess you didn't catch on to the sarcasm in my last post (*see last two words of the post)
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Hah oops. I didn't even notice you put Jerome James. He might help if we could trade Kenny for him and a 2nd or something. You know who I'd really like from the Knicks? Frye. Prolly can't get him though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: