Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great college starter

Default Re: Lebron has gained back his popularity!

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    he's still arguably the most disdained superstar of all time.

nah, that belong to Kobe

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Most people I associate with still don't think highly of the guy. His reputation isn't in shambles as it once was but he's still arguably the most disdained superstar of all time.
    In NBA or all of sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmantheman
    In NBA or all of sports?
    it doesn't matter. it's a stupid distinction to even try to prove.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

The switch definitely will boost his public image and restore some of his popularity but this poll likely has his popularity artificially high. It is too close to his decision to return and the positive press it generates. These type of poll "bounces" tend to fade after 2 weeks or so.

James' highest E-Score was 87 in January 2010, a mark Philpott thinks he can top.

Said Philpott: "He probably won't get to 100, like [Michael] Jordan did, but I think he can get into the 90s before he retires."
    This is true, though. I think he likely can steadily increase until he hits a ceiling in the low 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    nah, that belong to Kobe
    I disagree. If we were talking about who would suck more to spend a day with or who would **** your wife just cuz they could, sure, gimme Kobe or mj, but LeBron is constantly making an ass of himself in the media in the way no all time great ever has. A lot of them have done vile shit, but keeping yourself at the forefront by putting your foot in your mouth nearly every time you have a mic pointed at you leads to disdain. I don't think people loathe LeBron, but they are like diz fukn guy. He can ball but what a ****ing douche...

From history is made to be broken to the number debacle. Like I said before this is like LeBron life reality show and people are profiting off of his skill as well as social retardation.

-Smak

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I disagree. If we were talking about who would suck more to spend a day with or who would **** your wife just cuz they could, sure, gimme Kobe or mj, but LeBron is constantly making an ass of himself in the media in the way no all time great ever has. A lot of them have done vile shit, but keeping yourself at the forefront by putting your foot in your mouth nearly every time you have a mic pointed at you leads to disdain. I don't think people loathe LeBron, but they are like diz fukn guy. He can ball but what a ****ing douche...

From history is made to be broken to the number debacle. Like I said before this is like LeBron life reality show and people are profiting off of his skill as well as social retardation.

-Smak
    Kobe is by far more hated than lebron. Most of lebron's hate came directly from leaving the Cavs/Decision.

The 10 Most Disliked People In Sports 2009 (pre-LBJ decision and again, no LBJ on the list))

[quote]
    No. 5 Kobe Bryant

NBA

Pct. dislike: 42%

Fair or not, fans see the super-talented Bryant as basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    Kobe is by far more hated than lebron. Most of lebron's hate came directly from leaving the Cavs/Decision.

The 10 Most Disliked People In Sports 2009 (pre-LBJ decision and again, no LBJ on the list))

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/28/the...d_slide_6.html

2013 (Lebron isn't on the list but Kobe is)

The 10 Most Disliked Athletes In America

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf4...kobe-bryant-4/

Headshot!

Great college starter

Any Kobe stans still think lebron is more hated than Kobe?

Great college starter

are these same poll results available for Kobe?