Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Training camp/pre-season!

Last year, due to the Lockout season the Jazz played nearly exclusively with Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap as one combination and Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter as the other.

This year Coach Corbin has been able to take a look at new combinations. Here are his comments on how these players match with Al Jefferson.

DERRICK WITH AL
    I like our size there. Derrick has gotten better at reading where to be when Al has the ball in the post. He is not afraid to step up in the middle to get the jump shot there. He can dive on the weak side looking for the pass to keep his other guy occupied so that the other big is not locked in on Al. I like the versatility with both guys.

ENES WITH AL
    It was short, the way Enes has expanded his game, the way he can run it gives us a little more speed because he is running the floor better, he can rebound the ball well so it gives us an advantage there. I am little worried about perimeter shooting but it may be able to work for us at times.
    Millsap?

Sounding good.

Looking pretty good too!

And then there were 17.

The Utah Jazz waived NBA hopefuls Trey Gilder and Brian Butch today, bringing the roster total to 17, which is two above the maximum allotted for the regular season.

Disgruntled guard Raja Bell remains on the roster

[QUOTE]

After months of negotiations, Raja Bell and the Utah Jazz have moved past contract buyout talks and are now weighing trade scenarios, agent Herb Rudoy told RealGM on Tuesday afternoon. While RealGM reported last month that both sides had resumed buyout discussions with the expectation of reaching agreement, none of those conversations are taking place at this stage. RealGM
    Be interesting to see what kind of trade they get for him. Part of a Jefferson package later on? Hopefully with Watson too.

You got to wonder if Raja has had 2nd thoughts. He was starting for the Jazz. Now no one wants his worthless ass. What the hell was he complaining about?

Watson for Nolan Smith would make a lot of sense to me for both teams. Jazz get a young pg with potential and get rid of Watson before he starts whining about playing time again. Portland gets a vet to back-up Lilliard(other than Ronnie Price) and play with their young 2nd unit. He has an expiring contract as well. Smith will too if they don't pick up his option which I'm guessing they won't. Jazz could pick it up if they like him. I'd guess contract wise it probably works? could throw in picks/Tomic rights/cash/etc. if need be.

Says it works.

Raja Bell's agent disputed an Internet report that claimed he said the organization is trying to trade the shooting guard rather than working out a buyout.

"Absolutely not," agent Herb Rudoy told the Deseret News when asked about Tuesday's RealGM article about him reportedly talking about the Jazz weighing trade scenarios.

"I was asked if we are discussing a buyout and I said 'no.' The rest is pure speculation," Rudoy said. "There is no trade talk that I know about."

When asked if a trade is in the works or if the team is no longer pursuing a buyout with Bell, Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey replied with a "no comment."
    oh well! so much for that

[QUOTE]Hayward has consistently said that he spent the summer trying to improve his game overall, rather than any one aspect.

"I said that at the beginning of the season, and that

Darren Wolfson: Told no when I inquired about this today. RT @joshvanklomp @DarrenWolfson Think the #Twolves revisit a Raja Bell scenario? Barea for Bell? Twitter @DarrenWolfson
    Do the Jazz want to take on Barea's contract with the cap flexibilitty they have after the season?

Locke predicting a breakout year from Hayward:

[QUOTE]GORDON HAYWARD
    Everything is trending for a big step for Hayward. He finished the year on a tear. His numbers are all headed in the correct direction.

I am big believer that the players that were really hurt by the lock-out were year 2 players who lost the off-season, summer league and training camp after learning what the league really was.

Hayward

His charts of Millsap's evolving game is cool. Millsap makes more shots from everywhere on the court except at the rim than he did as a rookie.