Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: this is why Larry Legend is the GOAT SF

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    I watched Bird his entire career and Bron most of his and it's not even close. Bird was not only the better passer of these two, I believe he was the best passer the game has ever seen (I haven't seen enough of Oscar to judge, so I'm keeping this an "I believe"), and that includes Magic and Stockton.
    It's not EVEN CLOSE! That's a very wrong and inaccurate statement to make! GOAT wise u GOTTA concede Bron has case over Bird. Their current peak values are arguable no doubt. But Bron's accomplishments ALREADY STACK UP TO BIRD! U do realize Bird played 11 healthy years and Bron has played 10. So even if u think Bird is the better player peak wise, Bron is right there with him GOAT (team accolades, solo accolades, numbers, longevity being great). And for u to say Bird is a better passer than Magic or Stockton I gotta disagree with. Magic, Stockton, and even Bron for that matter can create off the dribble better than Bird. Especially in transition. But Bird is still CLEARLY one of the best passers of all time. And I have no problem with u thinking Bird is better peak value wise. But for u to say it's not close is an insane statement to make! And by the way, Bird's reign as GOAT SF is about up, if it's not up already! GOAT status is THE KEY STATUS to making the HOF, not peak value!
    Last edited by bizil; 08-09-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    LrBron James's defence is vastly overrated
    Lebron is clearly one of the premier wing defenders currently and ARGUABLY the most versatile ever. He may not be Bowen, Rodman, or Pippen, but Bron still qualifies as a great defender. And Bron is the best player in the world!

Just compare the two resumes. I'm sorry, but in almost every category, Lebron has had a better career.

The real question is...just where will most historians rank Lebron after he finally retires.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Lebron is clearly one of the premier wing defenders currently and ARGUABLY the most versatile ever. He may not be Bowen, Rodman, or Pippen, but Bron still qualifies as a great defender. And Bron is the best player in the world!
    great help defender & below average man defence

Local High School Star

PRIME SHAQ WILL EAT LBBRON JAMES'S ALIVE