Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
DoubleTech
College star

Default Win total prediction thread

basically we won 27 games last year with a lineup of:

james/calderon
peterson/graham
villa/bonner
bosh/sow
araujo/woods

with some martin, davis, e.williams sprinkled in for good measue
YIKES!

now we have

ford/calderon
parker/salmons
peterson/graham/tucker
bosh/bargnani/humphries
nesterovic/garbajosa/slokar

so we go from being a terribly untalented team with no depth or true vet presence... to this current version of the raptors that we have yet to see play a game.

predictions??? im thinking 41-41 on the season... .500 is a good mark to shoot for, and i believe with the additions to the roster, its attainable.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
boshraptor4life
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

38 or 42.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Orealius
I rule the local playground

We'll finish 42-40, good for the 7th or 8th seed.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

I am thinking 43-39. At least 40 Wins and a Play-Off birth.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Borderline .500 for sure, barring major injuries. I'm expecting something between 39-43 to 42-40. We'll have to wait and see how the team gels though.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
DoubleTech
College star

i don't think gelling will be a problem. no one on this team has an attitude. colangelo seemed intent on bringing in character guys.

bosh also seemed eager to meet the new guys and get all the formalities out of the way early.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #7
brwnman

brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Yeah when I said "gel" I didn't mean clashing attitudes. I just meant playing styles. These guys are from all over, and I don't see it being a problem either, but who knows right? I'm just saying it might take a little while to get the team on their feet, which is normal.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #9
DoubleTech
College star

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Yeah when I said "gel" I didn't mean clashing attitudes. I just meant playing styles. These guys are from all over, and I don't see it being a problem either, but who knows right? I'm just saying it might take a little while to get the team on their feet, which is normal.

ah, i getcha.

im guessing they'll need like 20 games to figure each other out. Although, i think having a PG like Ford will make the transition much easier. I think Ford is the biggest aquisition of the summer for the raptors, even bigger than bargnani. He was horribly under utilized in milwuakee, stotts didn't really let him run the show, and he had other PGs on the court during the crucial moments... and even with all that, Ford still put up respectable numbers.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #10
brwnman

Ford still can't shoot...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

I agree with the gelling part and it will also depend on development of our younger players (Ford,Graham,Salmons) and if they can improve on last season. If Ford gets 8-10 assists, Graham scores scores 12 and salmons pitches in 8-4-4 the team will be in good shape but if they stay the same or drop a bit along with the other younsters the team could struggle.

Then again this team has so much depth and a great leader and superstar in Bosh they should be able to find thier way into a 8th or 7th seed.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
RapsFan
Good college starter

I think improvement is all we can ask. It may be another season of growing pains....but 30-40 wins, somewhere in there, will probably where we end up. The East basically has no bad teams now...when you think about it. Basement teams from last year, like the Raps, are getting better. Atl isn't a give away with Speedy at PG now and JJ and Smith getting better, along with Marvin. I don't think the Bobcats, when healthy, are an easy win either. Any team with Pierce or AI can win any night. So, there may be a lot of close games and average records throughout the East. That is where my low range of 30 comes from. Every night is a talented team, so know knows.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #13
Raptors07champs
Saw a basketball once

I think everyone is underrating the Raptors. I think the additions of Parker, Salmons and Garbajosa will contribute immediately. I foresee 45-50 wins. I know its a stretch and theres no reason to get to confident but if this team gels it will be one of the deepest and most well-rounded teams in the league. I think Tucker will have a greater impact then most expect as well. Our main holes last year (Center, Point guard, slasher, depth) have all been addressed. I really like the direction of the team.
Raptors07champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #14
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors07champs
I think everyone is underrating the Raptors. I think the additions of Parker, Salmons and Garbajosa will contribute immediately. I foresee 45-50 wins. I know its a stretch and theres no reason to get to confident but if this team gels it will be one of the deepest and most well-rounded teams in the league. I think Tucker will have a greater impact then most expect as well. Our main holes last year (Center, Point guard, slasher, depth) have all been addressed. I really like the direction of the team.

I don't think people are underrating the raps and their talent/improvements. But you can't look at them on their own. That is why I think most people saying around .500 and most likely being under .500. The other teams are just as important when talking record.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
jay b
Saw a basketball once

The Raps are a young team, 40-42.
jay b is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: