Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #16
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
peterson, parker, bargnani, garbajosa

none of them are proven in the nba... that is what I meant... except Mo...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #17
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshraptor4life
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=172102&hubname=nba

That doesn't happen to be your reliable source?

nope, my most reliable source is the FAN590 (this was through the Toronto Sun)... got the news close to 2 in the morning... since everyone is coming out with the fashion that "their source" even though it is all BS, I am there to prove my sources, anyone else want to come out and show their sources...
Old 07-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #18
anadgnik
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
none of them are proven in the nba... that is what I meant... except Mo...

I don't imagine they will forget how to shoot.

And I don't think you can call the FAN your source; media outlets are everybody's source. But more importantly, why are you listening to sports radio at 2 in the morning? That makes me want to cry.

ALSO, an ellipses is to take the place of an omitted word, or to show a passing of time; an ellipses is not proper punctuation. Brwnman, think periods and commas...
anadgnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #19
InsideRaptors
Not airballing my layups anymore

Pacers can't match his deal, I remember they offered him a qualafying deal and he rescinded(sp) the deal which means we can sign him and Indy cant match which makes this situation much better.
InsideRaptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #20
raptorfan4life
Saw a basketball once

Are you sure that Indiana cant' match it? This means he is 100% un-restricted free agent?
raptorfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:48 PM   #21
insidehoops
Administrator

Fred Jones is one of the best FA additions a team like the raptors can make, good move if it happens
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #22
RapsFan
Good college starter

Jones is restricted. The TEAM has the ability to dictate that, not the player. If Indy extends a qualifying offer, then they have the right to match any offer. They just have to extend it, nothing signed. Like what Vrad did last year with Seattle. From all I have read, Indy can match whatever offer we give him. Not sure why a team would rescind an offer. Al Harrington has absolutely nothing to do with it. The Pacers could be $50mill over the cap and could still match any offer.

If all this is in fact true, why wouldn't indy match? They are basically giving away Anthony Johnson for nothing which will weaken their backcourt. They hate Jax and would love to move him.....Sarauns isn't working out and Tinsley is always hurt....bottom line their backcourt needs all the help they can get.

I would LOVE Fred Jones to make it to the Raps. He is the type of high ceiling guy we need that can grow with our core. TJ/Fred in a couple of year should be awesome, along with an even better Bosh and Bargs. Nice!
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #23
RapsFan
Good college starter

Apparently the wording from InsideRaptor was wrong, but the end result is correct. The player can't rescind it like I said, but apparently the team DID rescind their qualifying offer. No idea why Indy would do that, but it sounds like they did. That does make Jones a 100% UNrestricted free agent....meaning he can sign with us without any worry of Indy matching.

Sweet news!
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #24
ThaKid
King

what did i say??? huh???? about maybe a few weeks ago i, with only a few other people, were saying that the raptors should get fred jones because he a great fit and hes the best swingman after bonzi, or al harrington, and its a big relief because were getting a better player in fred jones (than john slamons) for less......i really dont know that the hype for salmons was for because he is very unproven and we know what jones can do so its not as big of a risk than signing salmons......i said this once and im gonna say it again....SIGN FRED JONES!!!!!
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #25
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

Salmons is a better flat out scorer than fred jones ..but fred jones gives u more especially as a slasher ..so i kinda like the idea of gettin him over salmons
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #26
POTTER21
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
peterson, parker, bargnani, garbajosa

we'll be alright. we should be more concerned about our defense.

i think the rebounding will take care of itself too.

our guards are above average when it comes to rebounding, and our forwards are average... we'll be alright.

Fred Jones will help our lacking defence. He is an athletic player that can play at both ends of the court. If the raptors pick him up I think they are defenitly playoff material. Lets go BC make this deal!
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #27
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadgnik
I don't imagine they will forget how to shoot.

And I don't think you can call the FAN your source; media outlets are everybody's source. But more importantly, why are you listening to sports radio at 2 in the morning? That makes me want to cry.

ALSO, an ellipses is to take the place of an omitted word, or to show a passing of time; an ellipses is not proper punctuation. Brwnman, think periods and commas...

i call fan590 my#1 source, it may not be someone else's #1 source... so this isn't about only my source and everybody else's source, I am just saying that it is my #1 source... plus, if you are talking about proper punctuation and all, forget it, I've been doing this for a very long time, continuing from the old ish and everything, I've gotten use to it... I dun give a sh!t if it bothers you, deal with it or keep me in your ignore list, I don't give 2 sh!t about what you want me to think...
Old 07-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #28
brwnman

Fred Jones is an unrestricted FA, because Indiana rescinded the qualifying offer...
Old 07-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #29
the truth
...since 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I think so too.

I think he looked at our roster and saw Mo Pete, Pj Tucker, Anthony Parker, Joey Graham, TJ Ford, Jose Calderon, Jorge Garbajosa and wondered where he would fit in among those players that play his postions.

Well, if he wasn’t going to start he would have the first player off the bench to relieve either Parker or Ford. I think he made a big mistake and he'll be lucky to find a similar deal to the one BC offered. I am a bit disappointed Salmons backed out cause he was such a good fit with his versatility. Oh well, water under the bridge, bring on Freddie, he'll provide good energy off the bench and he gives us that exciting player so many of us wanted.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #30
the truth
...since 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Fred Jones comin' to T-Dot... someone want a jones and they got it... raptors still lacking perimter 3-point shooting... no1 beside Mo...

Ha ha, yeah I said sign one of the Jones' and I think we got the better of the two…at least the younger player with more upside. Good signing, if it happens. I still have to be cautious because I jumped the gun when the Salmons deal was reported and put him on the Raptors in my 2K6. He had a couple of big games for me backing up Ford and Parker...except he was never a Raptor! This time I'll wait till the deal is announced.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: