Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

Default Best to worst...whos going place where...

I want to know which player (in numerical order) will place where in your top and worst list (all one list). For example:

1)Chris Bosh
2)TJ Ford
3)Morris Peterson
etc.

So on and on....I want explanations also on why you picked this.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

"Top and Worst" at what?

I want an explanation of this thread!
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Are you asking us to rank the players on the team accordiing to talent or what option they'll be or what?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
huppcap
Local High School Star

Could make a list on who will have the most impact on the team overall from 1to 15?
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
POTTER21
I usually hit open layups

1)Chris Bosh
2)TJ Ford
3)Morris Peterson
4)Andrea Bargnani
5)Antony Parker
6)Fred Jones
7)Jorge Garbajosa
8)Rasho Nesterovic
9)Joey Graham
10)Kris Humphries
11)Jose Calderon
12)PJ Tucker
13)Pape Sow
14)Alvin Williams
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
Could make a list on who will have the most impact on the team overall from 1to 15?

I'll go with that.

1. Chris Bosh
2. TJ Ford
3. Morris Peterson
4. Anthony Parker
5. Fred Jones
6. Kris Humphries
7. Rasho Nesterovic
8. Jorge Garbajosa
9. Andrea Bargnani
10. Joey Graham
11. Jose Calderon
12. PJ Tucker
13. Uros Slokar
14. Pape Sow
15. Alvin Williams

I've completely changed my opinion on Humphries and think that he is going to be extremely key on the glass. I predict an 8 RPG numbers.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

Thats what I am talkin about.....overall performance from best to worst accordin to play this year...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #8
ThaKid
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I've completely changed my opinion on Humphries and think that he is going to be extremely key on the glass. I predict an 8 RPG numbers.
he wont average THAT mnay rebounds with his playing time, but when we need him to he will.....i say about 4-5 rebs because of his playing time and because sam mitchell is the type to put in a guy for 30 mins on game then jus 11....but yea after summer league i think he'll step up when we need
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #9
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

Bosh
Ford
Mo-Pete
Rasho
Parker
Jones
Grham
Bargnani
Garbajosa
Calderon
Humpries
-w/e- I hope Tucker gets some playing time.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
POTTER21
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I'll go with that.

1. Chris Bosh
2. TJ Ford
3. Morris Peterson
4. Anthony Parker
5. Fred Jones
6. Kris Humphries
7. Rasho Nesterovic
8. Jorge Garbajosa
9. Andrea Bargnani
10. Joey Graham
11. Jose Calderon
12. PJ Tucker
13. Uros Slokar
14. Pape Sow
15. Alvin Williams

I don't think Humphries is that good. Just because he is killing everyone in summerleague doesn't mean he is going to play a key role for the raptors. I think he will help the raptors with 5 rebounds a game an 4 points. No more then that. I definetly don't think he is six man material if thats the spot you think he should be at.
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

1. Chris Bosh

The obvious leader on this team. The only all-star, only 20ppg+ scorer. Face of the franchise.

2. TJ Ford

Will be depended on to create oppurtunities for all team mates. Could possibly be the Raptors best ever point guard.

3. Morris Peterson

Heart and soul of the team. Makes big plays. Contributes steadily and efficiently, but not spectacularly. Always plays his ass off on both ends of the court.

4. Anthony Parker

Obviously a question mark, and an assumption, but he has the skills to be the #2 scorer on the team. If not, I think he's a lock for #3.

5. Fred Jones
Will hopefully excel in his new situation. This type of player playing on this type of team, with TJ as the Point guard, we should see minutes and numbers increasing.

6. Rasho Nesterovic

Talented big guy. Needed to grab rebounds and score in the paint. He also has a pretty nice midrange shot.

7. Jorge Garbajosa

Part one of the musclemen/dirty work guys. Can also play behind the three and knock down shots. I think he'll be a solid role player, possible 6th Man candidate.

8. Kris Humphries

Part two of the musclemen/dirty work guys. He's extremely strong and plays hard under the hoop. Hoping for big rebound numbers and good FG%, as most of his shots will be off offensive boards and open layups.

9. Andrea Bargnani

Can stretch defences and play inside a bit too. A matchup nightmare, but ranked this low because of age and too many question marks. Not a great rebounder, but can block some shots.

10. Joey Graham

Hopefully proves us all wrong and moves up to #5 on this list, has the ability to be a lockdown defender, fast break finisher and mid range guy. Bigger than most wingplayers, and stronger, so he should be able to post them up well, provided he works on post moves. Can turn into a solid, solid player if his heart is set on it.

11. Jose Calderon

The jury is still out on this guy. Obviously he can distribute, but he shot was far too inconsistant last season. Injuries slowed him down, and he still has a lot to prove to the Raptors.

12. PJ Tucker
I can see him getting 10mpg and contributing well. I think his heart is definetly in the game, and in Sam Mitchell's system, that is one of the most important things. Very hard worker and will not stop trying to improve skills.

13. Uros Slokar

Who knows right? Pape Sow's replacement. Don't know much about his game, but I'll assume he'll get limited minutes and play below average.

14. Player who fills our roster.

This player excels in... just kiddin.

15. Pape Sow

Would be higher if he wasn't out for the season. A workhorse and an energy guy. I love guys like him. All hustle and heart, but limited skill. But there is room for improvement for sure.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #12
the truth
...since 95

^^ Nice list...I'll co-sign with an amendment in the form of a switcheroo between the #8 and #10 spots. I donít have a whole lot of faith in Joey but Humphries has even more to prove. Also, I think that Jose should be ranked a spot or two higher only because he will get decent minutes as the backup.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
1. Chris Bosh

The obvious leader on this team. The only all-star, only 20ppg+ scorer. Face of the franchise.

2. TJ Ford

Will be depended on to create oppurtunities for all team mates. Could possibly be the Raptors best ever point guard.

3. Morris Peterson

Heart and soul of the team. Makes big plays. Contributes steadily and efficiently, but not spectacularly. Always plays his ass off on both ends of the court.

4. Anthony Parker

Obviously a question mark, and an assumption, but he has the skills to be the #2 scorer on the team. If not, I think he's a lock for #3.

5. Fred Jones
Will hopefully excel in his new situation. This type of player playing on this type of team, with TJ as the Point guard, we should see minutes and numbers increasing.

6. Rasho Nesterovic

Talented big guy. Needed to grab rebounds and score in the paint. He also has a pretty nice midrange shot.

7. Jorge Garbajosa

Part one of the musclemen/dirty work guys. Can also play behind the three and knock down shots. I think he'll be a solid role player, possible 6th Man candidate.

8. Kris Humphries

Part two of the musclemen/dirty work guys. He's extremely strong and plays hard under the hoop. Hoping for big rebound numbers and good FG%, as most of his shots will be off offensive boards and open layups.

9. Andrea Bargnani

Can stretch defences and play inside a bit too. A matchup nightmare, but ranked this low because of age and too many question marks. Not a great rebounder, but can block some shots.

10. Joey Graham

Hopefully proves us all wrong and moves up to #5 on this list, has the ability to be a lockdown defender, fast break finisher and mid range guy. Bigger than most wingplayers, and stronger, so he should be able to post them up well, provided he works on post moves. Can turn into a solid, solid player if his heart is set on it.

11. Jose Calderon

The jury is still out on this guy. Obviously he can distribute, but he shot was far too inconsistant last season. Injuries slowed him down, and he still has a lot to prove to the Raptors.

12. PJ Tucker
I can see him getting 10mpg and contributing well. I think his heart is definetly in the game, and in Sam Mitchell's system, that is one of the most important things. Very hard worker and will not stop trying to improve skills.

13. Uros Slokar

Who knows right? Pape Sow's replacement. Don't know much about his game, but I'll assume he'll get limited minutes and play below average.

14. Player who fills our roster.

This player excels in... just kiddin.

15. Pape Sow

Would be higher if he wasn't out for the season. A workhorse and an energy guy. I love guys like him. All hustle and heart, but limited skill. But there is room for improvement for sure.

I agree with your list but like The Turth said I would switch Joey and Kris around. Other than that I agree completly.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:25 PM   #14
nerdsunite
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

1) Chris Bosh (He's our man,and will get more touches this year with a true pg
2) TJ Ford ( not points but importance)
3) Mo Pete(3rd in scoring on this team,solid D on the opposing teams best 2/3
4) Parker (2nd leading scorer)
5) Jones ( Top guy of the bench, 12-15 points on any given night)
6) Rasho(Starting center,cloggin up the middle on d, hit his open shots
7) Bargs ( Will struggle on defense, strong offensive #'s when Bosh is sitting
8) Joey ( Same as last year, at most 8-10 points a game)
9) Garbahosa (Solid defensive stopper, rebounding to initiate fast break
10) Calderon(Fill the void when TJ is taking short breaks, pass the ball to Bosh
11) Humphries (Couple rebounds, couple put backs a game)
12) Tucker (Will get limited oportunity due to depth at the 2/3)

Slokar....may never see the floor and thats ok
Pape....too bad hes missing, Garbahosa will do the same things but with a decent outside shot.
nerdsunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #15
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER21
I don't think Humphries is that good. Just because he is killing everyone in summerleague doesn't mean he is going to play a key role for the raptors. I think he will help the raptors with 5 rebounds a game an 4 points. No more then that. I definetly don't think he is six man material if thats the spot you think he should be at.

The raps don't have anybody that is sixth man material and Humphries won't change that. But I think he is going to be key to this teams success. Also I don't watch summer league so I have no idea how he has been doing. I just feel that he is going to be a big part to this team especially on the glass as we really don't have bangers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: