Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here
Default How can I stop cracking my neck?

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...d-for-You.html

So I just read this and other articles on how it's detrimental to your health to crack your neck as a habit.

Any advice on how I can stop? I feel like it has become instinctive already.

Or are all of these medical warnings baloney and bullcrap?
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How can I stop cracking my neck?

I have a fetish/phobia of girls cracking their necks.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If only you had a thing that could stop you from controlling your own actions. Damnit anyway.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

reading this title reminded me i needed to crack my neck lol. i stopped doing it for a couple years but now im back. i crack anything on my body that i can.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I have a fetish/phobia of girls cracking their necks.

For a guy who JUST got into high school, he's already pretty sadistic.

I know I'm not a doctor, so you shouldn't take my word for it, but I find that crackly necks are bad because it signifies trapped tension, and when you don't get to release it, it just builds up and makes you somewhat immobile (contrary to what the article said). I personally crack my neck/joints because I gotta get the extra senovial fluid/lubrication in the joints in. During the mobility part of my training warm-ups, I also make sure to crack my neck or shoulders (the snapping sound is just the tendon moving back into place, if I remember right. Not really bad unless there is PAIN). But again, my not having a diploma renders me not "credible" so...

Should look into that research though. Causation and correlations are entirely different things and some articles twist correlations (which I honestly find useless unless research is in preliminary stages) into causations.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: