Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

Looks like UCLA's gonna rise up in the rankings on Monday.

KU inexcusably lost to a PATHETIC OK State team, the worst Cowboys team since the days before Eddie Sutton.

Losing to K-State and Texas is not horrible (Beasley, Augustine), but this???

Back up to #2 in the rankings

We need to take care of business on Thursday and beat Stanford and we can NOT overlook the Golden Bears. Anderson/Hardin make a solid PF/C combination.

Let's go Bruinsssssssssss

Learning to shoot layups Suns520's Avatar

We should of beat you guys sunday, but our 7'0 dumb **** center kirk walters passed on a wide open jumshot to give it to Bayless who was swarmed. It was a great game tho, good luck in the tournament

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

Walters SUCKS!!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

GO UCLA!!!! my fave NCAA team

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker

Damn, total injustice. Officiating in college bball is horrible.

After not driving for the final 10 minutes of the game and taking jumpers, they decide to drive and you expected the refs to give them the call? Please. Watching the play in real time, sure didn't seem like there was a foul, and that's what the refs base it off of. Go cry elsewhere just because your team can't keep a lead and lost to a superior squad.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    After not driving for the final 10 minutes of the game and taking jumpers, they decide to drive and you expected the refs to give them the call? Please. Watching the play in real time, sure didn't seem like there was a foul, and that's what the refs base it off of. Go cry elsewhere just because your team can't keep a lead and lost to a superior squad.
    I guess you missed all of Love's blocks then. I guess those werent in the lane right? We were going into the lane bro.

Regardless, refs are paid professionals and you cant miss a blatant call like that no matter when you drive to the lane. That shouldnt matter one bit. Quit acting like we didnt deserve two FTs. Sloan was face-raped. The ref behind the basket had to have seen that. I have no idea why he didnt call it. We got screwed out of tying the game.

BTW what's your connection to UCLA or are you just another bandwagon fan?
    Last edited by Hawker; 03-25-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

I guess you missed all of Love's blocks then. I guess those werent in the lane right? We were going into the lane bro.

Regardless, refs are paid professionals and you cant miss a blatant call like that no matter when you drive to the lane. That shouldnt matter one bit. Quit acting like we didnt deserve two FTs. Sloan was face-raped. The ref behind the basket had to have seen that. I have no idea why he didnt call it. We got screwed.

BTW what's cour connection to UCLA or are you just another bandwagon fan?
    bandwagon

I mean seriously it doesn't matter how much you like or dislike UCLA that was an obvious foul, watching the game live and at full speed that was clearly a foul there is no disputing it.

I read this and then I go to another thread and read this.

If the foul is 100% legit, the scenario doesn't matter, the ref HAS to call it. In the case of the free throws, the violation was 100% legit, watch the replays. Not one, but two players were in the lane before the shot was released. In the case of the foul, the foul was no where near 100% legit and at best, it was a 50/50 call, which is something that should not be called in that scenario. If anyone's being biased here it's you because you can't even grasp that simple concept that a 50/50 call should not be called in that situation, while during the free throws, it was clearly obvious that both players entered the lane before Monta had released his shot.

Edit: There is no such thing as barely in, you're either in, or you're out. Plain and simple. When refs count 3 in the key, there is no barely's, when they say someone stepped out of bounds..there is no barely...they either stepped on the line or not.
    I'm sorry but anything you have to say now is a joke.

Regardless, refs are paid professionals and you cant miss a blatant call like that no matter when you drive to the lane. That shouldnt matter one bit. Quit acting like we didnt deserve two FTs. Sloan was face-raped. The ref behind the basket had to have seen that. I have no idea why he didnt call it. We got screwed out of tying the game.

BTW what's your connection to UCLA or are you just another bandwagon fan?
    I'm not saying never..I'm saying most of the time and my connection to UCLA is that I have/had many friends that go there and have always been a fan since it was the first collegiate program I got to see play. Same reason why I became a Clipper/Red Wings/Packers/Braves/Avengers/Galaxy fan. Yup, really a bandwagon fan

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

I read this and then I go to another thread and read this.

I'm sorry but anything you have to say now is a joke.
    A joke how? One's at best a questionable call[even when you see replays] called which decided a game, while one was a missed call looking at replays and pictures. Try again.

I mean seriously it doesn't matter how much you like or dislike UCLA that was an obvious foul, watching the game live and at full speed that was clearly a foul there is no disputing it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see a foul at live speed, just like I didn't see a foul against Stanford, just like I saw the ball go off Josh Shipp or whichever Bruin and Anderson get hacked against Cal. People can post pictures and videos as much as they want, but at full speed, the refs didn't see the foul.

Also, the Stanford/Cal games were Pac-10 officials...was the officiating crew vs aTm Pac-10 Officials? Don't compare a call made by conference officials to one made in the NC2A tourny because they are an entirely different crew.
    Last edited by qrich; 03-25-2008 at 04:25 PM.

I'm not saying never..I'm saying most of the time and my connection to UCLA is that I have/had many friends that go there and have always been a fan since it was the first collegiate program I got to see play. Same reason why I became a Clipper/Red Wings/Packers/Braves/Avengers/Galaxy fan. Yup, really a bandwagon fan

A joke how? One's at best a questionable call[even when you see replays] called which decided a game, while one was a missed call looking at replays and pictures. Try again.

I mean seriously it doesn't matter how much you like or dislike UCLA that was an obvious foul, watching the game live and at full speed that was clearly a foul there is no disputing it.

You can easily see his arm hit Sloans arm. You must be as blind as the officiating crew out there.

And it looks like you are a bandwagon fan since you dont have a connection to UCLA. You dont go there and neither of your family members go there.

You can easily see his arm hit Sloans arm. You must be as blind as the officiating crew out there.
    Not from the angle CBS had provided, which is obviously the only live view I, and everyone else that was not at the game or watching it on another channel. Yup..really blind

And it looks like you are a bandwagon fan since you dont have a connection to UCLA. You dont go there and neither of your family members go there.
    Lol, that makes me a bandwagon fan how? I'm a bandwagon fan because they were the first collegiate team I saw play live? Because I've been on the campus many times as a kid going with my friends older brother who went there? You're reaching because if that's the case...then anyone who is not a fan of the local professional teams must be a bandwagon fan as well...right?

Not from the angle CBS had provided, which is obviously the only live view I, and everyone else that was not at the game or watching it on another channel. Yup..really blind

Lol, that makes me a bandwagon fan how? I'm a bandwagon fan because they were the first collegiate team I saw play live? Because I've been on the campus many times as a kid going with my friends older brother who went there? You're reaching because if that's the case...then anyone who is not a fan of the local professional teams must be a bandwagon fan as well...right?
    Choosing your college team is WHOLE lot different then choosing a pro team. I dont know how you cant see that.