Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Default Re: Thunder sign Russell Westbrook to multi-year extension!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    True.

However, hes a young All Star PG and his contract isn't a matter of perception for his value. You pay him $16 Million or $18 Million. What's the difference? OKC was going to match it regardless.

Harden's contract will be a matter of perception as to what OKC values him at and what other teams value him at.
    If OKC signs him before he becomes a RFA then other teams will never get the opportunity to say what they value him at, and if that's the case it's a moot point. I could be wrong but I believe that's what will happen.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    If OKC signs him before he becomes a RFA then other teams will never get the opportunity to say what they value him at, and if that's the case it's a moot point. I could be wrong but I believe that's what will happen.
    My guess is they don't cheap out on Harden and offer him a reasonably fair, yet slightly below market value.

Maybe 5-years, $50 million.

Well it all depends on what his agent sees the market at for him.

If he can get more money as a Free Agent either from OKC or another team then its worth it testing. If not, resigning early on is the best move.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Poor, fat, ugly, Clay Bennett. Durant and Russell don't play well together and now he's gotta pay him $80+ do do so. That is until he's forced to trade him. By then OKC will be the Wizards.

This does not mean that OKC chose to stick with him. He's now locked up and his value is thru the roof.

This is not to say he's trade bait or that OKC would be looking at other players, but it's kinda dumb for people to think this is some sort of evidence that OKC is sticking with him.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    This does not mean that OKC chose to stick with him. He's now locked up and his value is thru the roof.

This is not to say he's trade bait or that OKC would be looking at other players, but it's kinda dumb for people to think this is some sort of evidence that OKC is sticking with him.
    Pretty sure Sam Presti and Russell Westbrook both sounded very pleased with this transaction. But what do they know..

Local High School Star

To clear up confusion on the Derrick Rose rule regarding KD and Westbrook:
    It's designed to be used on one player (a "franchise player") but since KD signed his new contract under the previous CBA and Westbrook his under the new CBA, both players are eligible for the bonus money. Westbrook, however, left that money on the table so the team could re-sign Ibaka and Harden down the road so it's a moot point for now.
    Good info. Can you direct me to a source for this as I'm struggling to find anything about 30% being 1 player per team.
    Larry Coon really needs to update his FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    Pretty sure Sam Presti and Russell Westbrook both sounded very pleased with this transaction. But what do they know..

Yea, cuz I said anything definitive...and yea, cuz no one can change their minds.

Yea why would OKC FO want an elite PG who has been drafted by the team and is best friends with their franchise player and did I mention he is more athletic and aggressive than Rose? Which makes him a better fit for the Thunder considering Durant has a gunner mentality.

So did anyone explain how the Thunder could keep Harden and Ibaka? Or is Harden most likely a sign and trade goner when the time nears?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So did anyone explain how the Thunder could keep Harden and Ibaka? Or is Harden most likely a sign and trade goner when the time nears?
    They can because those players want to stay.

Good college starter

Wussel Restbrook

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Yea why would OKC FO want an elite PG who has been drafted by the team and is best friends with their franchise player and did I mention he is more athletic and aggressive than Rose? Which makes him a better fit for the Thunder considering Durant has a gunner mentality.

Again, when did I say otherwise? I doubt he's untouchable. Locking him up is worth it. And if they decide, this season or next season, he isn't the best fit, then he has trade value. Why is that so much to either comprehend or consider? Because it's the truth. He isn't untouchable.

Again, when did I say otherwise? I doubt he's untouchable. Locking him up is worth it. And if they decide, this season or next season, he isn't the best fit, then he has trade value. Why is that so much to either comprehend or consider? Because it's the truth. He isn't untouchable.
    Currently he is untouchable, you are talking too technical that way only Kobe would be untouchable in NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    They can because those players want to stay.
    Doesnt matter that they want to stay. Its the cost of them staying that is the question. I guess no one knows.