Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default Re: 2010/11 Observation Deck

Terrence Jones with 25 and 12

UK wins 88-65, shoots 13-26 from three.

Watching MSU on the Big 10 Network, they look very good.
    Last edited by ukfan22; 11-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Almost choked in the end but pulled out the 6 point win in the opener (we were up 16 with 4 mins left and it got to within 4). Offense wasn't crisp but the D was as sticky as always.

LOL at Wake Forest.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HisJoeness
    LOL at Wake Forest.
    When I first read who they lost to I thought it said the Stetson Haters.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

LOL at Wake Forest.
    Bet Bzdelik's fresh new lawn's gonna need some landscaping after all the For Sale signs.

LOL at Wake Forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    When I first read who they lost to I thought it said the Stetson Haters.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Bet Bzdelik's fresh new lawn's gonna need some landscaping after all the For Sale signs.
    I browse their message boards occasionally and they weren't to thrilled with him before tonight, needless to say they are in full meltdown mode already.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

UConn hit 8 three pointers last night. Couldn't believe it. I can't remember the last time they had a good 3 point showing... maybe against Chattanooga in the first round of the NCAAs a few years back.

Saw a basketball once

We got some work to do. Larry Drew sucks,and kendall Marshall needs to start. I really like hwo teh freshmen played. They will get better,and become a very good team. Barnes needs to attack the hoop more.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I got an observation:

Jared Sullinger looks tiny out there and he's getting his shot blocked a lot. But he is a beast on the boards (although it's against a weak team.) He almost looks like a SF or a Guard out there, though.

I've seen him get blocked 3 times already (one was ruled a foul even though it wasnt IMO.)

-Smak
    I was at the game, sitting about 20 feet from Sullinger every time he was under the basket, and I can assure you that he was getting hacked mercilessly the whole game. Often to no call..

Here's an observation: Deshaun Thomas could be a bigger factor than Sullinger this year.

Kentucky looked great. Brandon Knight and Terrence Jones looked great. Why did Knight cut off his cornrows?

Harrison Barnes looked nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ctown4eva
    I was at the game, sitting about 20 feet from Sullinger every time he was under the basket, and I can assure you that he was getting hacked mercilessly the whole game. Often to no call..

Here's an observation: Deshaun Thomas could be a bigger factor than Sullinger this year.
    I dunno, man... he did get blocked. What do you consider a hack? A guy of Sullinger's size shouldn't be getting his shot blocked period. Even if he gets hacked, he should have at least got the ball up on the rim.

They didn't have anyone that was big enough to be blocking him. He kind of reminds me of Shaun Pruitt in that he'll just decide he's shooting and everyone knows it so someone can come from the weak side and block him or come from behind.

Hey, I think he's a great player... but that was kind of disheartening. He shouldn't be waiting on the whistle he should be taking that shit up, making it, and screaming and1!

Just my opinion...

-Smak

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Brandon Paul just posterized someone from SIU. That was nasty.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I dunno, man... he did get blocked. What do you consider a hack? A guy of Sullinger's size shouldn't be getting his shot blocked period. Even if he gets hacked, he should have at least got the ball up on the rim.

They didn't have anyone that was big enough to be blocking him. He kind of reminds me of Shaun Pruitt in that he'll just decide he's shooting and everyone knows it so someone can come from the weak side and block him or come from behind.

Hey, I think he's a great player... but that was kind of disheartening. He shouldn't be waiting on the whistle he should be taking that shit up, making it, and screaming and1!

Just my opinion...

-Smak
    Shaun Pruitt never had a game as a senior in which he was as physically dominating as Jared Sullinger was last night.

Unless you're Shaq, if you play around the basket you're gonna get a shot or two knocked away. Carlos Boozer has been one of the most efficient, dominant interior players in the NBA and in recent years has ranked pretty high on the list of percentage of shots blocked. So have Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, and Dwight Howard in certain years. So it doesn't just happen to slightly undersized power forwards. The point is, it happens. When you primarily play in the paint, you're gonna get some shots blocked.
    Last edited by TheGame414; 11-14-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Brandon Paul just posterized someone from SIU. That was nasty.
    I saw pics of it but any video?

Can't go to the game today but seeing as how Illinois beat Toledo by 39 I'm sure we'll be okay.