Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

I'd love to move back to NY but it's just not cost effective. What my friends pay for a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, I have a fairly large 2 bedroom with all utilities included. I have a daughter so and I stay at home when I'm not at work so I have to be comfortable. I don't like being cramped.

Theres always alternatives. You could live in Jersey or Connecticut or try Long Island...all of which are in proximity if you have a car or are by the train. They tend to be slightly cheaper in price.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I'd love to move back to NY but it's just not cost effective. What my friends pay for a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, I have a fairly large 2 bedroom with all utilities included. I have a daughter so and I stay at home when I'm not at work so I have to be comfortable. I don't like being cramped.

Theres always alternatives. You could live in Jersey or Connecticut or try Long Island...all of which are in proximity if you have a car or are by the train. They tend to be slightly cheaper in price.
    Yep, I live in Nassau County, and it's definitely cheaper than the city.

If it wasn't for NYPD, I'd sell my house in Brooklyn, but I have to keep 5 boroughs residence requirement, but my sisters live in it.

Now my wife on the other hand wants us to move down south when I retire, but I don't want to move my auto shops, and I like my real estate interests in the city.

I have no interest in leaving NY, absolutely none, even though most of my kids are almost grown, I still do not want to leave.

I could make a killing in the south with what I do though.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity

If it wasn't for NYPD, I'd sell my house in Brooklyn, but I have to keep 5 boroughs residence requirement, but my sisters live in it.

Now my wife on the other hand wants us to move down south when I retire, but I don't want to move my auto shops, and I like my real estate interests in the city.

I have no interest in leaving NY, absolutely none, even though most of my kids are almost grown, I still do not want to leave.

If I understood it well you're a car dealer (you own auto shops) ?

Those guys make a lot of money,at least in my country.
    Buy the Knicks when Dolan goes away

If you choose to move south after all what would be your destination. Maybe Miami ? A lot of New Yorkers there along with a great weather and bunch of hot latinas
    Too bad the only team you could go and watch are those doucheabags from the Heat

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Thanks for you analysis,I appreciate it.

I knew it was expensive but $1300 a month for the cheapest place to rent

I thought there were some holes (not a very pretty place to live but cheap) for like $500 or so a month.

How do people even pay for that shit,$1300 is more than an average salary in my country

It's my dream to visit New York someday and I'll surely do it,maybe even very soon.It's not too expensive to visit the city for 10 days or something like that.
    On the other hand living in NY is obviously very expensive so without a great job there's no way I could somehow move to NY and live there,right ?

Thanks for clearing that up.
    I think I speak English very well for a foreign guy but it's always nice to pick up some expressions.

From words I have learned on this forum douchebag is my favorite
    1300 is not the cheapest for a 1 bedroom... maybe in manhattan, but u could find stuff cheaper outside of manhattan, and of course in the bad neighborhoods it wouldnt be so much.. but he did say decent, which is relative

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

That's a distrubing picture. I'm all for trading Amare to Orlando now
    whys that disturbing? lol jus wondering

If I understood it well you're a car dealer (you own auto shops) ?

Those guys make a lot of money,at least in my country.
    Buy the Knicks when Dolan goes away

If you choose to move south after all what would be your destination. Maybe Miami ? A lot of New Yorkers there along with a great weather and bunch of hot latinas
    Too bad the only team you could go and watch are those doucheabags from the Heat
    My shops are auto repair, but I sell cars that folks don't pick up, and I buy wholesale from auctions.

Can't do police auctions though....conflict of interest.

My wife wants to move to Tennessee, as that's where she is from, but I'm not even trying to entertain that.

Honestly I don't like Miami at all because it is too heavily populated, I like Orlando, even consider buying a timeshare down there to use for a couple of weeks in the summer, but never did.

My shops are auto repair, but I sell cars that folks don't pick up, and I buy wholesale from auctions.

Can't do police auctions though....conflict of interest.

My wife wants to move to Tennessee, as that's where she is from, but I'm not even trying to entertain that.

Honestly I don't like Miami at all because it is too heavily populated, I like Orlando, even consider buying a timeshare down there to use for a couple of weeks in the summer, but never did.
    Buy a timeshare in Miami so I can come there and stay for free

I know you would do anything for your international friend

Box Chevy's in VA! You can get em' for less than $1000 and flip em for 5 stacks lol

Me and my wife are starting to make plans as far as moving back to NY. It's mainly down to getting a job making comparable money to what we make here in DC... (Especially my wife, she makes more than me. lol Let the chauvinistic jokes begin) We've pretty much narrowed our choices to Queens or Long Island. She's from Brooklyn but she doesn't want to live there. It's too crowded. End of the day though, we'd rather raise our daughter as a New Yorker; especially since the school systems in DC and Maryland are pretty atrocious.

Buy a timeshare in Miami so I can come there and stay for free

I know you would do anything for your international friend
    I actually had one in the Poconos, we used to go to Fernwood and Mount Airy Lodge some years back in PA.

I was looking at something in Orlando though, even took the tour to get the free show passes, but I wouldn't commit.

Didn't think it was worth it.

If you move to the States, I'll sell you a car for a Knicks fan discount.

I actually had one in the Poconos, we used to go to Fernwood and Mount Airy Lodge some years back in PA.

I was looking at something in Orlando though, even took the tour to get the free show passes, but I wouldn't commit.

Didn't think it was worth it.

If you move to the States, I'll sell you a car for a Knicks fan discount.
    I had to google that

It's nice to have enough money to choose where you want to live.
    Orlando sounds nice but I perfectly understand why you want to stay.I guess you were born and raised as a New Yorker and most of the people like the area where they grew up the most and have no interest of moving elsewhere.

Thanks for the discount,I knew you were going to help me

I had to google that

It's nice to have enough money to choose where you want to live.
    Orlando sounds nice but I perfectly understand why you want to stay.I guess you were born and raised as a New Yorker and most of the people like the area where they grew up the most and have no interest of moving elsewhere.

Thanks for the discount,I knew you were going to help me
    Yep, I have lived in NY all my life, and I'd truly feel weird living somewhere else.

My wife really just wants to move back down south one day, because that's where her family is, and she doesn't really like only seeing them just during the holidays.

She even got mad once when I told her to FaceTime.:lo

A few years back I even offered her mom to come up here to live, free of charge, with a job as a cashier for me, because there was a period five years ago, around Christmas time that my wife was going through a depression state, and I knew that was a major reason for it.

Our children together were young at the time, (I have older children, not through her), and I just couldn't really get a grip on the situation.

So she actually went back down there for about 3 months without the kids, it helped her mindset, which was all I wanted.

She came to NY for a better opportunity, met her while she was in college.

I think she has done very well, she does too, but she is extremely home-sick, and even though she won't totally admit it, I can see it around holiday time.

I may do it one day, after I retire from the force, but I have a few more years on that, so it's definitely not an option right now.

My shops do well, but the cost of living does negate alot of that income, and I mean ALOT, and that's with alot of my assets being tied into my business.

Real estate right now is awful, I still dabble some, but I lose more than I gain right now in that, but I'm banking the market will turn.

Box Chevy's in VA! You can get em' for less than $1000 and flip em for 5 stacks lol

Me and my wife are starting to make plans as far as moving back to NY. It's mainly down to getting a job making comparable money to what we make here in DC... (Especially my wife, she makes more than me. lol Let the chauvinistic jokes begin) We've pretty much narrowed our choices to Queens or Long Island. She's from Brooklyn but she doesn't want to live there. It's too crowded. End of the day though, we'd rather raise our daughter as a New Yorker; especially since the school systems in DC and Maryland are pretty atrocious.
    Hey fam, I see nothing wrong with your situation, and from me to you, as long as you guys aren't having an issue, it definitely shouldn't be one to someone else, who isn't remotely part of your business.

For instance, I have an associates degree in criminal law from John Jay, but my wife's has an MBA from Hofstra.

Sometimes she blows mind away when she speaks about certain things, especially because she is highly political, and there are moments when I just blankly stare, because she has gone completely over my head.

There is an age difference as well, she's 29, and I'm 38, so even though I am quite set in my way, she the one constantly improvising things and adapting to change.

As far as you guys moving back to NY there are some decent places to live that won't exactly break the bank.

I had some contacts from Ben-Art Properties, as I've done some work with them some time back.

I have a cousin who has lived at Russell Place in Freeport for the last 4 years and he loves the place.

Rent is like $1600 for 2 bedrooms, I think it's 1200 square feet.

I know his unit was furnished with appliances, and the heat gas and water is included with the rent.

That's dope man. I have a friend that's NYPD. He's about 29 and doing real well. Got into a little trouble because of his partner on the force. That set him back a bit but he's doing well. City jobs are awesome in NYC. My mom and dad both work for the city.

I just need to figure out what avenue I want to pursue career wise. I want to go back to school but I don't want to go back until I have some sort of idea what my career path will be. That was my problem when I was in college. I was just going because everyone said you need to go.

I wasn't tryna suggest I CARE that my wife makes more . I was just making a joke out of it. Sh*t, with the economy the way it is now, any man would be dumb to complain about extra revenue coming in. I'm about to tell my 2 year old to start looking for a job lol.

I feel your wife on wanting to be around family. Me and my wife are the only ones down here in MD. It was ok when we were in college, but with my daughter, you begin to realize the importance of having family around. Just last week, I had to drive to NY so my mom could watch my daughter because our day care lady had to go out of the country. (Tolls are a bitch driving from DC to NY ) Not to mention, my wife is a beginner driver and is scared to drive on the highway. I'm still trying to recover from all that driving; there and back twice in the course of a week.

I'm ready to move back home so my daughter can start interracting with her cousins. Her birthdays have so far been uneventful because it's just her and us really. (We don't like the kids at her day care ) Plus, if you think watching the Knicks and Jets is painful, try having the Wizards and Deadskins be the local teams! Agony!

p.s. DC people LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE the Foreskins. Moreso than NY loves the Jets, Giants, Yankees etc.

Giants Win

I wonder what it feels like to be a Jet fan.

[COLOR="Red"]
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]XLVI[/FONT]
    [/COLOR]