Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller Sonics4Life's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Lakers in 6

but Howard and Lewis both present tough matchups. Lewis has some post game too.

Fisher is too big for Alston. Pau is too good for Hedo/Lewis.

Looks like the Magic are hoping to bring Jameer back for the finals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4219606

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
    Looks like the Magic are hoping to bring Jameer back for the finals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4219606
    Ain't happening
    But Magic general manager Otis Smith has repeatedly said there is no way Nelson could return this season.
    Jameer also said last night that he was aiming to come back in Pre-season. It's not happening. Rep me rep you.

I rule the local playground GMW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    Ain't happening

Jameer also said last night that he was aiming to come back in Pre-season. It's not happening. Rep me rep you.
    seriously man... grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    Ain't happening

WTF is wrong with you? Are you 10 years old? People keep telling you to knock off the rep crap, you then say your sorry, and start doing it again. Stop.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    I'm concerned about matchup issues, esp Lewis.
    Gasol cannot go out to the 3pt line to defend Lewis.

So Phil Jackson has some tough decisions to make:
    namely, start Bynum and Gasol, as usual, which will open up Lewis?
    or start Gasol and Odom. send Odom to defend Lewis at the 3. Gasol on Howard, but that could result in foul trouble for Gasol.

should be interesting.
    I'll take Gasol-Lewis matchup easily. Lewis can take Gasol out on the perimeter all he wants, Gasol will abuse him on the block at a much more effecient rate.

The Lakers basically have the championship in the bag. The advantage that the Magic have on other team doesn't apply to the Lakers. Gasol/Ariza/Odom/Kobe + wildcard is going to be too much for the Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sriracha
    The Lakers basically have the championship in the bag. The advantage that the Magic have on other team doesn't apply to the Lakers. Gasol/Ariza/Odom/Kobe + wildcard is going to be too much for the Magic.

I'm hoping this is true and will carry out as so. Because the Magic can shoot the lights out any given day and steal a game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Because the Magic can shoot the lights out any given day and steal a game or two..
    ...or three or four. The Magic are a dangerous team man. I'm confident in the Lakers but the Magic just have a weird combo of players that really messes with matchups.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I'll take Gasol-Lewis matchup easily. Lewis can take Gasol out on the perimeter all he wants, Gasol will abuse him on the block at a much more effecient rate.
    Well said, Last year Gasol had to go up against Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins and then there was Big Baby and Leon Powe off the bench. That was just too much for Pau so he shrunk in the spotlight. I expect this time for Pau to shine in the spotlight.

Even as the game ends, Pau should be able to take out Howard as well. Pau needs to use his face up against him just like he did against Yao in the Rockets-Lakers series for the 1st 3 games. Rashard Lewis is no Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola or Carl Landry so Gasol will have to and should dominate this series.

The Magic spot up shooting 3 days are over, their best bet is the pick n roll, that's what Kenny Smith said last night on TNT. Lakers have too many weapons in my opinion than the Magic, both teams are good on the road though so HCA shouldn't be THAT much of a factor.

Value Ape.

Many good thoughts/posts here, but it seems like much of it has to do with what the lakers have to deal with defending the magic.

What are the magic going to have to do defending the lakers?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Funny how Laker fans thing Pau is gonna outplay Howard..not happening.. Pau is a nice Player Howard is a BEAST !!!! Howard will own the paint and make the Lakers a jump shooting team for the most part.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momo
    Many good thoughts/posts here, but it seems like much of it has to do with what the lakers have to deal with defending the magic.

What are the magic going to have to do defending the lakers?

Well Magic prepared for Lakers by having to contend with the best player on the Planet last series so they will be ready for Kobe. Now the Lakers do have a post player that the Cavs didn't have in Pau but Howrd will make Gasols life difficult getting clean looks down low so he may have to start his offense a few feet further out unless Howard is in foul trouble the inside will be controlled by the Magic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Funny how Laker fans thing Pau is gonna outplay Howard..not happening.. Pau is a nice Player Howard is a BEAST !!!! Howard will own the paint and make the Lakers a jump shooting team for the most part.
    Pau is not going up against Howard again. Gasol plays power forward which would mean he's going up against Rashard Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Well Magic prepared for Lakers by having to contend with the best player on the Planet last series so they will be ready for Kobe. Now the Lakers do have a post player that the Cavs didn't have in Pau but Howrd will make Gasols life difficult getting clean looks down low so he may have to start his offense a few feet further out unless Howard is in foul trouble the inside will be controlled by the Magic.
    Kobe is a different beast than LeBron, so that is not relevant by any means. Also, Kobe actually has a team while LeBron doesn't. How is Howard going to make Gasol's life difficult? Howard is not a very good 1 on 1 post defender, he's an amazing shot blocker though, but his post defense is just average. He's similar to Marcus Camby on defense.

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Lakers in 6 or 7.