Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Heat Appear Set With Starting Shane Battier At Power Forward

Very few PFs have enough of a low post game to exploit Battier down there.

Go Sully. Take it to Shane!

Battier guarding gasol while bosh guards howard - talk about a recipe for disaster. More like haslem/bron on gasol while bosh guards dwight with a double team if he catches it close to the basket.

DeAndre raped the Heat last night. If he can do that to them, imagine what Howard can do without getting double teamed.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    The roster/personnell among the contenders in the East hasn't changed that drastically, so yeah Miami is likely to face a similiar pathway as last year.

And miss me with your hyperbole. If you don't want to hear facts, then keep it moving.
    Again like I said you expect to face the exact same teams? Heat would have lost to the Pacers if it wasn't for their inexperience and ref's whistles. Yes Heat are coming off a championship but this reminds me of the Cavaliers teams that got Shaq to match up against Dwight Howard only to get raped by the Celtics the next season. Just saying the sense of entitlement by Heat fans is hilarious. Not even Celtics fans were this bad after 08'

Whatever, we all know Lebron will be the one defending the power forwards and torching whatever PF or SF they choose to put on him. On defence Shane will be defending the opponents SF.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Again like I said you expect to face the exact same teams? Heat would have lost to the Pacers if it wasn't for their inexperience and ref's whistles. Yes Heat are coming off a championship but this reminds me of the Cavaliers teams that got Shaq to match up against Dwight Howard only to get raped by the Celtics the next season. Just saying the sense of entitlement by Heat fans is hilarious. Not even Celtics fans were this bad after 08'
    They beat the Pacer's without Chris Bosh and at the ref's whistles comments. I guess Lebron going 42/18/9 and Wade dropping 42/10 were refs in disguise. Love when Laker fans of all people complain about the refs

they still got UD and Joel Anthony. i mean theyre really known for their offense are they? so yeah its not really set in stone that Battier is gonna play 4 all season long. he's there for matchup difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    I swear you would think Miami didn't win the title last year with the exact formula, with some of the drivel you read on here.
    a lockout title

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    a lockout title
    Asterisk title

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    a lockout title
    Yeah... with injuries to Wade and Bosh. It's not like every other team in the NBA suffered and played a different amount of games.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Yeah... with injuries to Wade and Bosh. It's not like every other team in the NBA suffered and played a different amount of games.
    Wade's knee wasn't going to hold up through a regular 82 game season PLUS another 20 post season games, so stop trying to act

people just talking avout low post scoring, what about on the boards? you wont need two low post scorers to exploit them, just two guys who are either low post scorers or rebounders

maybe he can do it, but battier has yet to really prove he can defend pfs. although he llayed david west well in the POs

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    They beat the Pacer's without Chris Bosh and at the ref's whistles comments. I guess Lebron going 42/18/9 and Wade dropping 42/10 were refs in disguise. Love when Laker fans of all people complain about the refs
    You're talking about 2 games champ where D Wade and Lebron went off. I mentioned the Indiana's inexperience contributed to their losing. Heat fans were in tears crying that Lebron had no help, Battier sucks, Miller is trash OKC is the most stacked team in the league blah blah blah, then all of a sudden act like their team steamrolled swept the playoffs just because they won a championship. Fact is that the Heat are beatable and depending on the match up there are teams that can exploit Battier or Lebron at PF. It's great to have faith in your team but lets not act like at some points during the season you guys weren't jumping ship.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Wade's knee wasn't going to hold up through a regular 82 game season PLUS another 20 post season games, so stop trying to act
    Yeah, if Wade got his knee issues at the start of the season.

Also if anything a title in lockout season should be worth 1

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    It wouldn't have gotten injured if everything went as planned with the training camp, preseason and conditioning.