Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Jonas Valanciunas - possible top 5 pick

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    once again you show your complete lack of knowledge about european guys...Valaciunas is nothing like Amare - he's traditional center with a nice touch and a feel for rebounds. He's also blessed with very long hands and has a knack for offensive put-backs. He's actually already a better NBA material than Motiejunas is.

You copied the exact thing I said a few months later. You're a ****ing idiot.

I personally believe Vesely and Valanciunas could become stars in NBA. Vesely could be a longer improved version of Kirilenko and Valanciunas plays very much like Amare + defense included

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    You copied the exact thing I said a few months later. You're a ****ing idiot.
    :BOX:

Anyone who thinks Valanciunas will be able to explode off his first step and score in the paint like Amare....against NBA defense, is delusional.

Take Linas Kleiza's foot speed and leaping (not bad but far from Amare) and stick it on a taller, anorexic Kevin Love, with none of Love's intelligence on the court = Valanciunas.

My gripe about these Euro big men who were supposed to have a traditional inside game is that nobody (apart from the Gasol brothers) seemed to have transitioned well.

Dirk and Bargs are different, since they were primarily jump shooters in Europe, and are still jump shooters in the NBA. Pau and Marc I think are exceptions. Hands down Pau is the most skilled big man in the NBA, and Marc, given his size is no slouch either. Both brothers use their skills to excel, its not like they just take you off the first step and dunk on you.

I've yet to see an explosive big man to come out from Europe and make it in the NBA. When you think about it, the only athletic big from Europe to stick around the league was Darko. And he only got to stick around because of his D, and now because of his still developing post game.

Kanter and Vesely are guys to look for

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Anyone who thinks Valanciunas will be able to explode off his first step and score in the paint like Amare....against NBA defense, is delusional.

Take Linas Kleiza's foot speed and leaping (not bad but far from Amare) and stick it on a taller, anorexic Kevin Love, with none of Love's intelligence on the court = Valanciunas.
    once again - he's only 18 and still growing into his body, he won't be a stick his whole life. He has a good frame and very long arms to succeed playing NBA ball. Think about european Javale McGee or Fran Vazquez (who would do very well if he decided to play NBA basketball). He's amazing rebounder and hustle guy too. He'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    My gripe about these Euro big men who were supposed to have a traditional inside game is that nobody (apart from the Gasol brothers) seemed to have transitioned well.

Dirk and Bargs are different, since they were primarily jump shooters in Europe, and are still jump shooters in the NBA. Pau and Marc I think are exceptions. Hands down Pau is the most skilled big man in the NBA, and Marc, given his size is no slouch either. Both brothers use their skills to excel, its not like they just take you off the first step and dunk on you.

I've yet to see an explosive big man to come out from Europe and make it in the NBA. When you think about it, the only athletic big from Europe to stick around the league was Darko. And he only got to stick around because of his D, and now because of his still developing post game.
    Fran Vazquez and Robertas Javtokas are/were as athletic as any center in the NBA is. They just never decided to play in the NBA.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-12-2011 at 05:49 PM.

once again - he's only 18 and still growing into his body, he won't be a stick his whole life. He has a good frame and very long arms to succeed playing NBA ball. Think about european Javale McGee or Fran Vazquez (who would do very well if he decided to play NBA basketball). He's amazing rebounder and hustle guy too. He'll do just fine.

Jonas Valanciunas is now 2.13 meters (7-0) tall and his wingspan is now 2.29 meters (7-6) and he is supposedly still growing......

The NBA will be drooling over this guy before the draft, due to their insane obsession with such vitals.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool

Sounds nothing like Valanciunas, my man.

For a guy his size, and someone that is still growing, he looks completely comfortable in his body. I love the way he glides around the court. He's doesn't have heavy feet at all compared to many with his size.

I don't think he's super explosive, and if he is, he doesn't use it in a game. The great thing is he is a quick finisher on the offensive end due to being so long. He can just catch a slam while only elevating about a foot. He doesn't waste time with a dribble and can always go up strong with two hands.

I think he'll be a good one. He won't have a monster rookie year, but by year three he could really be a real force.

Bump once again to show how much of an idiotic hypocrite our special Lithuanian friend madmax is.

Bump once again to show how much of an idiotic hypocrite our special Lithuanian friend madmax is.
    Been a huge fan of Valanciunas since I first heard about him a year ago. Part of me hopes the Wolves don't get a top 3 picks just so we can draft him

This Nedovic guy looks like an interesting prospect, that dunk was sick too. I'll have to keep an eye on him, we'll see if he can get some significant minutes at the Eurocup level.
    Yesterday he toyed with players of the best team in the country (and a very good Euroleague team). Great potential, he really looked like Derrick Rose out there!

His highlights from that game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0NYJn1h-nM

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Yesterday he toyed with players of the best team in the country (and a very good Euroleague team). Great potential, he really looked like Derrick Rose out there!

His highlights from that game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0NYJn1h-nM
    He's extremely quick and fast.. Has some decent handles but he seems to turn the ball over alot. Nonetheless he seems like a good NBA prospect.

His ceiling is Tyson Chandler.