Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 AM   #3691
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Once Upon A Time in the West
99% fukin badass movie.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #3692
Apples
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Don't think I could EVER watch a Channing Tatum/ Terrence Howard film about fighting called...FIGHTING once, let alone a few times

Yeah the second or third time you start convincing yourself the acting isn't that bad. The things that make me watch it are the fighting and I can see how much potential the story has if it were to ever be remade.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #3693
Apples
Banned

Unthinkable - WARNING! Do not commit acts of terrorism. There are people like H (played by Samuel L Jackson) that will make you renounce your religion faster than you can say Allah.

Take all of Jackson's most crazy and bad ass roles and roll them into one, then give him the job of being a torturer/interrogator for the government, and you have H. This man knows no limits. And each time you think to yourself "he can't possibly do anything worst than that", and each time he proves you wrong.

Michael Sheen also played his role very well. There were times when you felt sorry for him, and wanted Jackson to let him be, but then he'd flip those feelings on you and make you feel like a pussy for ever feeling sorry for him.

Carrie-Anne Moss is very appreciated in her role (Trinity from the Matrix). Most movies like this are usually missing the trifecta that Unthinkable has; the bad guy playing mind games, the good guy who does bad things to stop the bad guy, and a woman in an authoritative role but is conflicted by morality and getting results. Carrie-Anne Moss as Agent Brody played her part very well and it just goes to show you that no part is too small.

I can't believe I never saw any previews for this movie. It went straight to DVD which is insane considering how good it is. Everyone played their part well and it's on the subject of terrorism, but it tackles that area better than a lot of movies of the same genre. After watching this movie, despite how many people are against the US torturing and using certain methods...I have to say, I think we could prevent a lot of these acts if we were just up front about what we're willing to do once we apprehend any suspects. We say one thing in order to belittle other countries, yet usually end up using their very methods for a solution. Man up America, man up. I rate this movie: Very Good.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #3694
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
There's a movie called "Leprechaun In Space?" Is the movie anything like the title? I mean even if it's a Troll 3 level shitfest, it's a leprechaun...in space. That's gotta be worth at least 1 star.

Gotta download this
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #3695
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

i was always partial to Leprechaun in las vegas.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #3696
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

State of Play I thought was really good. Very interesting and intense! Kinda suspenseful at times and a type of movie that keeps u on the edge during some scenes. Very good story/plot IMO. I also thought that the movie is true kinda, like the whole story and plot I think is true to real life. And of course Russell Crowe did an amazing job playing his part! He was beastly and the best actor in the movie! Overall just thought it was a good entertaining worth watching film! I have to give it

State of Play - 8/10
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #3697
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Jackie Brown: 82%

Shame on me for never watching this.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #3698
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #3699
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I was really torn on who I wanted to root for. At first, Jackie, then as it progressed, Max. Max just. . . lucked out I guess. He got the most after doing the least. He gets a nice percentage and got the girl. The ending scene when Jackie was singing along to Bobby Womack was a perfect ending.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #3700
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I was really torn on who I wanted to root for...

this scene is classic.

Quote:

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #3701
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

I Love You Man: 5.0/10

I really feel like I wasted my time watching this movie. Everyone was talking about how incredibily funny this movie was supposed to be...yeah f*cking right. I was just anticipating the credits throughout the entire movie.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #3702
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I Love You Man: 5.0/10

I really feel like I wasted my time watching this movie. Everyone was talking about how incredibily funny this movie was supposed to be...yeah f*cking right. I was just anticipating the credits throughout the entire movie.

same here. so many usually reliable sources endorsed this to me

in happier news, i watched grosse point blank for the first time last night, and as much as i love cusack's 80s screwball romantic comedies, it's definitely my favorite movie of his. the chemistry between his character and minnie driver's is so offbeat and perfect. i'd never really taken notice of her before, but she is so cute and fantastic in this role. throw in aykroyd and hank azaria, and joan c. as his secretary...i can't believe i took so long to see this.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #3703
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Shutter Island
I've read/heard from a lot of people that the ending is obvious. Did you feel that way? And if it was did it detract from the movie?

Last edited by EroticVanilla : 05-26-2010 at 09:00 PM.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #3704
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

the shutter island ending is not obvious, generally endings arent, even when dickheads are screaming that they saw it coming....ok so you thought of what might happen and ran through lots of likely- and highly unlikely possibilities- one of them being similar to an ending of a film, thats meaningless and doesnt detract from the film unless it is badly executed which shutter island is everything but.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #3705
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
the shutter island ending is not obvious, generally endings arent, even when dickheads are screaming that they saw it coming....ok so you thought of what might happen and ran through lots of likely- and highly unlikely possibilities- one of them being similar to an ending of a film, thats meaningless and doesnt detract from the film unless it is badly executed which shutter island is everything but.

Mhmm. I had several different ideas as the movie came along, one being that Leo was always a patient there, but It's not like I knew what was going to happen. I was still generally surprised at the ending.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: