Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Will Bosh Re-Sign?

Bosh Shrugs Off 2010 Talk

What bothers me about Bosh is when he makes comments like;

"I'm like, `Damn, what did I do?'" he said. "I've just been playing basketball and being happy and shutting my mouth. I haven't said anything."

Why doesn't he give the fans some reassurance and actually say he wants to stay in Toronto. That is why there is trade rumours because he's been "shutting his mouth" and not giving the fans or organization any kind of hint that he wants to be here. That's why I think he wont re-sign this offseason and will probably be traded when that occurs.

Discuss..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Default Re: Will Bosh Re-Sign?

I think he just straight up doesn't know what he's going to do.

He doesn't want to say he'll be back, because if he doesn't come back he'll look like a d!ckhead, and he doesn't want to say he isn't coming back because then all the fans will hate him while he's still here.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Jalen5
Serious playground baller

Put urself in his position. If i were him I dont think I can make up my mind. Still way too early. Same goes for DWade LBJ n the other 2010 FA.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
DJMason
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
Put urself in his position. If i were him I dont think I can make up my mind. Still way too early. Same goes for DWade LBJ n the other 2010 FA.

If I'm DWade or LBJ though I'm much closer to staying with my club than Bosh is/should be considering the future is much brighter for theirs, and LBJ may even get a title this year. I too hope that Bosh makes up his mind soon though because I don't want to play the will he stay or will he go game next year.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
If I'm DWade or LBJ though I'm much closer to staying with my club than Bosh is/should be considering the future is much brighter for theirs, and LBJ may even get a title this year. I too hope that Bosh makes up his mind soon though because I don't want to play the will he stay or will he go game next year.

If Bosh turns down 15M per year for 5/6 years he is the greediest MF in the world.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Bosh is a MAX player it's that simple. Guarantee if we don't offer Bosh Max contract like 5 other teams are going too.

Do you notice that in all the 2010 talk Lebron is the first one talked about then Wade and BOSH.

If Bosh isn't a max player and we let him go. Who are we going to sign that is worth MAX money that we will have by 2010?

If Bosh leaves and we don't sign anyone his calibure in return than were going no where. TORONTO still hasn't gave Bosh a wing player to go with him until that happens Toronto will never wing .....

you see what Defino gave too this team last year. now and PICTURE someone two times better than Defino teamed up with Bosh .....

Every BIG has a Wing and Bosh has never had a wing to help him out .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Bosh isn't a max player I would trade him b4 I paid him a max salary. The Rap's don't have a max player on their roster as Bosh is best suited as a number two option along side a KBryant, DWade, CAnthony or LBJ type of player(imo).
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hoopenstein
Bosh isn't a max player I would trade him b4 I paid him a max salary. The Rap's don't have a max player on their roster as Bosh is best suited as a number two option along side a KBryant, DWade, CAnthony or LBJ type of player(imo).

But the only problem with that is, each of those 5 players you named play with an Allstar beside them.

Kobe has Gasol ( Allstar )
Wade had Shaq ( Allstar )
Melo has Billups ( Allstar )
Lebron has Mo ( Allstar )

Bosh has ....... Get him a Allstar Wing beside him and then let's talk!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:03 AM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
But the only problem with that is, each of those 5 players you named play with an Allstar beside them.

Kobe has Gasol ( Allstar )
Wade had Shaq ( Allstar )
Melo has Billups ( Allstar )
Lebron has Mo ( Allstar )

Bosh has ....... Get him a Allstar Wing beside him and then let's talk!

Bosh isn't in the same league as those players. Maybe Melo. But he still has a decent team around him. Calderon, Marion and Bargnani are pretty decent players.. not allstars but above average. Use Wade for example. He is a bonafide max player. Doesn't matter what scrubs are with him he can make them look good, carry his team on his shoulders and win games for them without any help. I find the Raptors supporting cast is a lot better than the HEAT's.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Bosh isn't in the same league as those players. Maybe Melo. But he still has a decent team around him. Calderon, Marion and Bargnani are pretty decent players.. not allstars but above average. Use Wade for example. He is a bonafide max player. Doesn't matter what scrubs are with him he can make them look good, carry his team on his shoulders and win games for them without any help. I find the Raptors supporting cast is a lot better than the HEAT's.

Actually there barley over .50 this year.

Wade got his name when he won a championship with Shaq.

Bosh hasn't had another Allstar player beside him while in Toronto. Until that happens no one will see Bosh's true potential. We still haven't seen what Bosh can do when paired up with another Allstar.

Last edited by jrcp3 : 04-10-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Jalen5
Serious playground baller

Bosh used to have a superstar until that person kinda gave up...
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Actually there barley over .50 this year.

Wade got his name when he won a championship with Shaq.

Bosh hasn't had another Allstar player beside him while in Toronto. Until that happens no one will see Bosh's true potential. We still haven't seen what Bosh can do when paired up with another Allstar.

Regardless of their record, Wade is the only reason that team isn't a bottom 5 team in the league.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
new noise
madvillain

In no way is Bosh obligated to BS to the media that he'll be here forever and ever just to make you feel better. His team has had an absolute garbage throwaway season, his GM has made some sketchy moves and he knows for a fact he's wanted by 99.9 percent of teams in the league. He's got every right to keep his thoughts to himself at this point and make the decision when the season's done.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
In no way is Bosh obligated to BS to the media that he'll be here forever and ever just to make you feel better. His team has had an absolute garbage throwaway season, his GM has made some sketchy moves and he knows for a fact he's wanted by 99.9 percent of teams in the league. He's got every right to keep his thoughts to himself at this point and make the decision when the season's done.

Well said. Let him make a decision, there's nothing we can do about it.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #15
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

Well said. Let him make a decision, there's nothing we can do about it.

Wel if he doesn't make up his mind this summer we need to trade him. No doubt about that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: