Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Default See what a Wing player can do!

Do you guys see what a Wing player can do for this team.

Marion drops 34 points and Bosh Drops 21 - 19

That's all we need a Wing player who can drop 20+ points per game. It takes all the pressure off of Bosh.

Thats' ALL we need with the $ Situation right now were in. If it wasn't for money than backup PG new SG. But when you talk about Money situation then a 20+ Wing is all we need.

Too bad this was first time Marion actually carried on the offensive end lol

Trust me a Allstar Wing will make Bosh so much better considering a lot of you guys here don't believe bosh can get any better.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: See what a Wing player can do!

Probably a last ditch effort to get a big contract this off season. It was only one game. But yeah, anybody who drops 30+ along with Bosh playing well should give us a good opportunity to win the game.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

That's all we need a Wing player who can drop 20+ points per game. It takes all the pressure off of Bosh.

Thats' ALL we need with the $ Situation right now were in. If it wasn't for money than backup PG new SG. But when you talk about Money situation then a 20+ Wing is all we need.

Trust me a Allstar Wing will make Bosh so much better considering a lot of you guys here don't believe bosh can get any better.

Marions game isn't offence. But today he did well with Bosh as a wing. A scoring wing is needed on this team.

We are in need for a good wing. The guy i think we should go after is Von Wafer. Hes really stepped it upp without T-Mac and made the Rockets better. We could probably get him for 6-8 mill. Right now i think hes playing on a min contract and he'll want more but i think he'll be worth it.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Marions game isn't offence. But today he did well with Bosh as a wing. A scoring wing is needed on this team.

We are in need for a good wing. The guy i think we should go after is Von Wafer. Hes really stepped it upp without T-Mac and made the Rockets better. We could probably get him for 6-8 mill. Right now i think hes playing on a min contract and he'll want more but i think he'll be worth it.

Either way Marion isn't our man because he can't do this game in and game out. But as we all saw today a Wing would take the load off of Bosh which would make Bosh even that much better.

We can't have a Allstar Wing and Marion as well. Because Money won't let that happen so we probably have to let Marion go and sign a next Wing.

But a wing player should be our MAIN off season target.

We don't need a Back up point guard because Roko is it, if not than let we should let Roko go because it's pointless to have him if we get a next back up point guard.

Having a Wing + Bosh would be amazing. BUT Bargnani i'm not sure because it would be really hard to spread out the shots. DO YOU THINK MARION WOULD HAVE GOT ALL THOSE POINTS AND SHOTS IF BARGNANI WAS PLAYING? probably not .....
Old 04-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

Thanks for pointing out the obvious...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Do you guys think parker will still be a raptor next season? Gonna be a lot of holes to fill without parker & marion.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

If he is with the team it will be for considerably less money and probably a bench role.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
Do you guys think parker will still be a raptor next season? Gonna be a lot of holes to fill without parker & marion.

If we could find a Allstar Small Forward with our cap space. Then Parker would be just fine at the Shootin Guard he would simply just need to knock down shots and play his good defense and the Small Forward would take most of the workload off of him everytime. Trust me Small Forward would do WONDERS for this team. Marion is simply just a role player at best.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
If we could find a Allstar Small Forward with our cap space. Then Parker would be just fine at the Shootin Guard he would simply just need to knock down shots and play his good defense and the Small Forward would take most of the workload off of him everytime. Trust me Small Forward would do WONDERS for this team. Marion is simply just a role player at best.

Stop saying Parker will do fine at SG for us. He is a backup at best and it's one of the main reasons this team didn't do well this season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #10
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Stop saying Parker will do fine at SG for us. He is a backup at best and it's one of the main reasons this team didn't do well this season.

Parker would be a great guy to come off the bench, give us quality minutes as a back-up PG and SG, provide leadership and some of the 'glue' this team needs. He can't give us 30+ mins anymore though... just a function of age.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:

Yea but MLSE can't afford to have a Ben Gordon Shooting Guard and a Shawn Marion Small afford.

I'd rather have a Allstar Small Forward and Parker at th Shooting Guard

i wouldn't want Allstar shooting guard and Joey Graham at Small Foward .....
Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yea but MLSE can't afford to have a Ben Gordon Shooting Guard and a Shawn Marion Small afford.

I'd rather have a Allstar Small Forward and Parker at th Shooting Guard

i wouldn't want Allstar shooting guard and Joey Graham at Small Foward .....

Who said we need an allstar? We need someone who can breakdown defenders and create. It doesn't have to be an all -star then you use the money on filling the gaps or to buy picks in the draft and fill gaps. Say a guy like RIP or Turkoglu that crete and score and pass would be perfect fits on the raps. You could also put the ball in their hands at the end of the game and they'd probably cost you less then 10 mil a year in the 7-8 mil a year probably. Parker I would like back as a backup and to mentor the younger wings we may have. Use him as the backup PG (when Roko not playing well)/SG. Nothing more.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:

Ok, don't go that far. Yes, he would be a great bench player. But I think that behind an all-star SF, Parker would be a nice fit. Yes, he is aging. But if we had a contending team, then he can stay. If we don't think we will be making the playoffs period this season, keep him on the bench.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #14
DJMason
Dunking on everybody in the park

So the Raptors need a scoring wing. Welcome to 6 months ago.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #15
SESSEL15
Good High School Starter

Quote:

I honestly have to say that although I appreciate your attempt to speak with better vocabulary and correct grammar, I can't help but giggle every time I read one of your posts.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: