Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-25-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Jason Maxiell Scouting Report

Jason Maxiell (PF)
Height: 6'6
Weight: 250

Strengths: Very athletic and very strong. He has worked hard to join the Pistons rotation this year as an energy man off the bench. His offensive game is focused on offensive rebounds, putbacks, and hustle plays. He can hit the open 12 to 15 footer. Can also execute basic post moves. He is a legit shotblocking presence on defense. He has the strength to hold his own on in the defensive post against most PFs.

Weaknesses: Defensive rebounding is not as amazing as his offensive rebounding. His height prevents him from defending tall PFs. His face up game is pretty raw. Frequently goes to the line and fails to convert free throws. His value to the team would improve so much if he could convert at a higher percentage.

Another Dumars gem in the rough.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
sfpistonfan
I airball my layups

sfpistonfan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Maxiell Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Jason Maxiell (PF)
Height: 6'6
Weight: 250

Strengths: Very athletic and very strong. He has worked hard to join the Pistons rotation this year as an energy man off the bench. His offensive game is focused on offensive rebounds, putbacks, and hustle plays. He can hit the open 12 to 15 footer. Can also execute basic post moves. He is a legit shotblocking presence on defense. He has the strength to hold his own on in the defensive post against most PFs.

Weaknesses: Defensive rebounding is not as amazing as his offensive rebounding. His height prevents him from defending tall PFs. His face up game is pretty raw. Frequently goes to the line and fails to convert free throws. His value to the team would improve so much if he could convert at a higher percentage.

Another Dumars gem in the rough.

Cleveland is the type of team where Jason can showcase his strengths. especially when he is in the lineup with Sheed and Tay helping on defence. Of Course Mr. Bigshot will have to half a Great game.
sfpistonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
PistonsFan1119
I brick open layups

PistonsFan1119 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jason Maxiell Scouting Report

When I saw him in the preseason I knew he was good because he was just tearin the rims down and he was a hustle player who did all the dirty work.
PistonsFan1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: