Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Lakers not getting a pick in this deal.

Fisher and Dallas 1st for Jordan Hill is the trade.

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

https://twitter.com/...387151664513024

Lakers-Rockets deal only after trade fell apart late that would have sent Fisher,Jamaal Crawford to Minn, Beasley to L.A., Dallas 1 to Port.

Lakers were about to trade Fisher in the Beasley 3 way deal but it fell apart. Damn

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

He's old and slow ... but he's Derek Fisher!! Bad trade. Should've kept him.

Fisher just for the 1st Rounder is a goddamn steal, and they break even on the picks after giving one up for Sessions.

Now Fish won't be around to make the clutch shots for the Lakers come the playoffs

What a shockingly stupid trade by LA. They give up a 1st rounder for Jordan Hill?

No, they give up an essential part of their core plus a 1st round pick for Jordan Hill...really, they trade Derek Fisher? That's worse than Nene to Washington. I can't begin to understand that.

Whoa they had two deals (one primary for Beasley, one backup) to get rid of Fisher?! That's a bit surprising. Also a note for Lakers fans, Jordan Hill's production depends on his confidence, so ask Bryant to be nice to him.

NBA lottery pick

@ non-laker fans saying this is a bad trade. Please. Fisher has been deadweight for a while, and Laker fans know this.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    What a shockingly stupid trade by LA. They give up a 1st rounder for Jordan Hill?

No, they give up an essential part of their core plus a 1st round pick for Jordan Hill...really, they trade Derek Fisher? That's worse than Nene to Washington. I can't begin to understand that.
    It's not that bad. Sessions is better than Blake, who is better than Fisher. By trading Fisher, it removes the possibility that Brown would've continued to start Fisher because of his seniority. I don't care about the first round pick; those are overrated. As for Hill... at least he's athletic. He probably won't see the floor.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8

@ non-laker fans saying this is a bad trade. Please. Fisher has been deadweight for a while, and Laker fans know this.
    It's not that this was a bad trade..

C'mon.. it's Fish we're talking about. Should've retired as a Laker.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    ... I love Fish, but that would only help us. Sessions would go for 30.
    True, it would. I guess I'm romanticizing Fisher way too much now that he's gone.

I really wanted to see another Celtics/Lakers finals one more time, with the same rosters, before all the lights go out for those great players.

It's been real.

Lakers make one great move then one awful one. This trade is an unfortunate reality of the new CBA. However...

1. Fisher is Kobe's trusted friend. I'm sure Kobe is not happy about this.
    2. Lakers could have gotten Beasley, but they passed for this trade

Arrgh...shipping out Fisher AND a first round pick for some scrub who won't leave the bench? And NOT getting Beasley to shore up the bench scoring?!

Pretty nondescript trade this.

For what it's worth, Hill averages 12/11 on 50% per 36 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Lakers make one great move then one awful one. This trade is an unfortunate reality of the new CBA. However...

1. Fisher is Kobe's trusted friend. I'm sure Kobe is not happy about this.
    2. Lakers could have gotten Beasley, but they passed for this trade

Arrgh...shipping out Fisher AND a first round pick for some scrub who won't leave the bench? And NOT getting Beasley to shore up the bench scoring?!

Not true about Beasley. The deal was in place but Portland or Minny backed out