Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Why is everyone blaming Kobe?

All you guys in this forum know that I'm not a Kobe fan, but let's be honest...

Kobe is playing POINT GUARD out there! He is a shooting guard, yet he is sacrificing his energy out there and playing Nash's position out there. He is being asked to drop 30, AND dish out 6-8 dimes EVERY night. The dude is 34 years old, and he doesn't have that natural sense that lebron, cp3, rondo, Rubio has. Kobe is the LEAST of the problems right now. He doesn't even like to pass, but he has been averaging the most assists in this laker squad!

The problems start with gasol and Howard. Kobe is playing point guard, shooting guard, and sometimes the small forward out there! And you guys are saying Kobe needs to "give something up"?

I ain't a Kobe homer like som of u out there ( u guys know ur names) , but for real, Kobe is NOT the problem right now for this lakers team that might not even make the playoffs

Default Re: Why is everyone blaming Kobe?

Forget the point guard issue, forget stats, forget everything and answer this, how does an all time great guard get on the court with Dwight and Pau and have a losing record after 17 games? I'm not putting it solely on Kobe because it isn't just him, but his ability to gel with team mates has been an issue before and a losing record is going to come back to the player who is supposed to be an all time great in the end.

With that said, this Lakers squad is suffering from some major chemistry issues. They have the season to figure out it and if they are lucky they can score a 4th or 5th seed and have a winnable first round series. But they definitely don't look like a team that can win it all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    blah blah blah
    Yes, we get. Nothing is ever remotely Kobe's fault. This isn't new. We all know this routine, so save it.

I ain't a Kobe homer like som of u out there ( u guys know ur names) , but for real, Kobe is NOT the problem right now for this lakers team that might not even make the playoffs
    bolded applies to most people doe, regardless of ones attitude to kobe

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    how does an all time great guard get on the court with Dwight and Pau and have a losing record after 17 games?
    How does the "best center in the NBA" get on the court with an all time great guard and have a losing record after 17 games?

Cause kobe haters have been having a hard time for 17 years now. You cant take such frustrated ppl opinions seriously...

All you guys in this forum know that I'm not a Kobe fan, but let's be honest...

Kobe is playing POINT GUARD out there! He is a shooting guard, yet he is sacrificing his energy out there and playing Nash's position out there. He is being asked to drop 30, AND dish out 6-8 dimes EVERY night. The dude is 34 years old, and he doesn't have that natural sense that lebron, cp3, rondo, Rubio has. Kobe is the LEAST of the problems right now. He doesn't even like to pass, but he has been averaging the most assists in this laker squad!

The problems start with gasol and Howard. Kobe is playing point guard, shooting guard, and sometimes the small forward out there! And you guys are saying Kobe needs to "give something up"?

Jerry West lead the league in assists when the Lakers assigned him to be point guard after being a career-long shooting guard. The Lakers also won 33 games in a row, had a 69 win season, and won a championship that year. I get it though, we are asking too much out of Kobe trying to get him to play point guard. He simply isn't that good, he isn't that complete of a player to be able to do that, that's what your saying right now right?

College star

thats where the lakers went wrong making kobe pg, now he has the ball more so he chucks even more taking his teammates out if the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Cause kobe haters have been having a hard time for 17 years now. You cant take such frustrated ppl opinions seriously...
    This.

Kobe is the least of their problems right now. He's playing out of his natural position but he's still playing fine.

For all of you guys thinking I'm a Kobe homer, I'm not, lmfao. I want the heat to win the ring, and I want lebron to succeed

But I'm speaking the truth when I say that it ISN'T Kobe's fault. Kobe has been asked to play like fckin Derrick rose out there. Score 30 points, dish out 7 assists. That takes a nasty toll on Kobe's body. Let's not forget, that he is the one bringing the ball up, telling his teammates where to go, etc...

If you ever played pg in high school, u would know how much coaches stress on their point guards.

Earned not given

Kobe is playing POINT GUARD out there! He is a shooting guard, yet he is sacrificing his energy out there and playing Nash's position out there. He is being asked to drop 30, AND dish out 6-8 dimes EVERY night.

Yet he is averaging 5 assists a game with 4 turnovers. That's a terrible POINT GUARD if you ask me.

Dwight and Pau can't dribble the ball up the court and initiate the offense, but Kobe can. Whether a team is winning or losing, the blame always falls on the team leader. Such is the world of sports and everyone that has been following it for more than a few years should know that by now.

His high efficiency is ruining team chemistry, his teammates expect more misses and it's throwing them off. He also needs to do a better job of healing Pau's knees, too selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    His high efficiency is ruining team chemistry, his teammates expect more misses and it's throwing them off. He also needs to do a better job of healing Pau's knees, too selfish.
    He's shooting 40% the last 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    He should also shoot Dwight's free throws for him. What the hell kind of leader lets his teammate should 40% from the FT line?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He should also shoot Dwight's free throws for him. What the hell kind of leader lets his teammate should 40% from the FT line?
    40%