Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NBA Player Height ?

VCMVP and I have a disagreement that needs settling.Even though I'm right.

When it comes to NBA players,which height measurement matters more...

With shoes or without shoes?

I think the answer is common sense and beyond obvious.

Default Re: NBA Player Height ?

Without shoes. You play in shoes, but you can always wear a different shoe to give you a different height.

NBA rookie of the year

Without shoes for the following reasons.

1.Height is trivial in the NBA anyway so why not list the correct height?
    2.It makes more sense with the players height and wingspan.
    3.NFL players wear shoes when they play but they aren't measured in them and then aren't measured in their helmets either.
    4.People are very interested in NBA players heights because they are so unusually tall so they would want to know their actual height.

The bottom line is the average person when they hear someones height assumes it's their height done in bare feet, if a players height is listed in shoes that should be noted.

Even David Stern said they only list some players above their actual height for hype.

This is a very stupid thread. Manute 4 Ever already created a topic, and you can check it in the 2nd page.

Good High School Starter

true that!
    If they list height with shoes, please list the difference that was added by the shoe also :)
    It would be interesting to see, if any player really plays in a shoe that adds more than 1,5 inches, or they only wear those boots for the pre-draft measurements :)

Local High School Star

This is funny. Another vote for without shoes - it's the only way to standardize.

Without Shoes Measurement

Just like in the Euroleague, and Australia.

NBA rookie of the year

Here is a funny thing about NBA listings.

At the time of this picture Shaq and Duncan were only listed 1 inch apart.

Dengness if it's so obvious that you're right then why has nobody in this thread agreed with you?

And the winner is....VC BY A LANDSLIDE!

1st off its funny you answered and gave all these reasons when I was asking everyone else.

All shoes give atleast and inch or more according to VCfag, so height with shoes is more important, cuz that's the true height on the court.

Apparently 7 idiots think you play in ur socks.

If Derrick Rose is 6'1 w/out shoes, will he ever play an NBA game at that height???????

No, your all stupid as ****. Height with shoes is just as inaccurate as height w/out when describing the height of a player on the court.

Don't even reply either cuz it's just a bunch BS that isn't right in anyway shape or form.

I suppose Yao is like 6'10 without shoes.

NBA rookie of the year

Dengness had a temper tantrum because nobody took his side. VCFag? That's a creative insult there. How old are you?

Listing someones height without shoes isn't inaccurate in anyway, shape or form. If the NBA stated "height w/ shoes" and put their height without shoes in that place then it would be inaccurate.

Nobody said they play in socks, we just realize that someones height is their height measured in bare feet. If they want to list height in shoes then they should specify that. Listing someones height in shoes when it just says height is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    1st off its funny you answered and gave all these reasons when I was asking everyone else.

All shoes give atleast and inch or more according to VCfag, so height with shoes is more important, cuz that's the true height on the court.

If Derrick Rose is 6'1 w/out shoes, will he ever play an NBA game at that height???????

No, your all stupid as ****. Height with shoes is just as inaccurate as height w/out when describing the height of a player on the court.

Don't even reply either cuz it's just a bunch BS that isn't right in anyway shape or form.

Rose could play in nikes and be 6'2"...then play in Adidas and be 6'2 and 3/4"...Don't be mad cuz you lost.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9

Wow. No need to get so defensive little buddy. It's time to get you home for your nap.

I always assumed listed heights were w/o shoes until recently..it seems so logical.

I'm 5'10". If a person asks me how tall I am I don't answer 6'0" because I'm wearing shoes when I meet them, or most of my waking hours. I also don't weigh myself with shoes and clothes on. It makes no sense and makes everything too subjective.

If everyone wore the exact same shoe, for their career, then fine..I guess.

Do they weigh and measure boxers in shoes and gloves too?

shutout.