Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam

This is the first I've heard of this.

That was indeed creepy.

My first instinct on the drug front is that she may have been into the ecstacy scene. That will raise your body temp and make you crave water in a way that would make you do something like jump into a water tower. I've jumped off small bridges into streams of unknown depths on that stuff. The problem is is that that is a social drug, and it doesn't make sense she'd be there on her own if that was the scene she was into. That generally goes for most hallucinagenics. Heroine is an isolation drug, but she doesn't strike me as particularly strung out.

The weirdest thing to me is that she was close enough to her family to have contacted them on a daily basis, but no one was sure of the motivation for her trip? I'm a pretty weird dude who does all types of things on my own, and even being quite a bit older than this girl, I still when I go somewhere tell my parents that I'm heading to Chicago, with the end game being to see a Bear game, or I'm gonna be in NY for a few days, with the intention to see a concert or something. This girl is taking a trip for weeks at a time and they don't have any idea why? That's weird.

also, several serial killers have been known to stay at the motel, including the nightstalker killer

Hotel with corpse in water tank has notorious past
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    updated 9:24 AM EST, Fri February 22, 2013

Death of woman found at hotel a mystery
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Cecil Hotel is featured in "Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice" tour
    "It's the place where serial killers stay," a tour guide says
    Serial killers Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger stayed there while on sprees
    It was known for suicide jumpers in the 1950s, '60s, guide says
    Los Angeles (CNN) -- The Cecil Hotel's dark past earned it a spot on Los Angeles tours long before a woman's body was found inside its rooftop water tank.
    "It's the place where serial killers stay," said tour guide Richard Schave.
    Schave and his wife, Kim Cooper, conduct a "true crime and oddities" tour they call "Hotel Horrors & Main Street Vice."
    The new mystery surrounding Elisa Lam's death will be added to Cooper's spiel during the tour stops at the Cecil Hotel, she said.
    Cooper and Schave have made it their job to compile details on those who have killed or been killed while staying at the Cecil.
    The killers
    The most famous on their list are serial killers Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.
    Photos: Body found in hotel water tank
    Woman's body found in hotel's water tank Hotel guests: Discovery 'sickening' Hotel guests: Discovery 'sickening'
    Ramirez, known as the "Nightstalker," now resides on California's death row, but in 1985 he was living on the Cecil's top floor in a $14 a night room, Cooper said.
    The Cecil, filled then with hundreds of transients living in the cheap rooms, was a good place for Ramirez to go unnoticed as he killed 13 women, Schave said. He was "just dumping his bloody clothes in the Dumpster at the end of his evening and going in the back entrance."
    Jack Unterweger worked as a journalist covering Los Angeles crime for an Austrian magazine in 1991 when he moved into the Cecil.
    "We believe he was living at the Cecil in homage to Ramirez," Schave said.
    He is blamed with killing three prostitutes in Los Angeles while a guest at the Cecil.
    The killed
    During the 1950s and 1960s, the Cecil had a reputation as a place where people would kill themselves by jumping out upper-floor windows, Cooper said. "It's just what people do when they are at the end of their rope," she said.
    Helen Gurnee, in her 50s, leaped from a seventh floor window, landing on the Cecil Hotel marquee on October 22, 1954, Cooper said.
    Julia Moore jumped from her eighth floor room window on February 11, 1962, she said. Moore left behind a bus ticket from St Louis, 59 cents and an Illinois bank account book showing a balance of $1,800.
    Pauline Otton, 27, jumped from a ninth floor window after an argument with her estranged husband on October 12, 1962, Cooper said. Otton landed on George Gianinni, 65, who was walking on the sidewalk 90 feet below. Both were killed instantly.
    Not everyone on Cooper's list committed suicide.
    "Pigeon Goldie" Osgood, a retired telephone operator, was found dead in her ransacked room on June 4, 1964, Cooper said. Osgood, known for protecting and feeding the pigeons at nearby Pershing Square, was stabbed, strangled and raped. The crime has not been solved.
    Not an ordinary hotel
    Schave and Cooper have theories about why the Cecil's past has been so sordid.
    It was built in the 1920s as a hotel "for businessmen to come into town and spend a night or two," Cooper said.
    But it was soon upstaged by nicer hotels in a better part of town, she said. When the Great Depression hit in the 1930s, it became more of a transient hotel. Eventually, it transitioned into a single room occupancy business, known as an SRO. Long-term tenants rented individual rooms and shared bathrooms with neighboring residents.
    "This was just a place where people who were really down on their luck were going," Schave said. "These hotels are filled with people who are at the edge of being integrated in society."
    During the 1970s, '80s and '90s, hundreds of people who were "down on their luck" called the Cecil home, he said. "They were all hustling to make ends meet."
    "It's not like that any more, of course," Cooper said.
    New owners converted three of the floors back to hotel rooms around 2007, but most of the building remains SRO, Schave said.
    Another section serves as a hostel that is marketed toward European tourists, he said
    It was not clear if Lam was staying in one of the hotel rooms, which offer more privacy, or the hostel.
    Repeated calls by CNN to the Cecil Hotel management were not returned Wednesday and Thursday.

Banned

Bitch was on drugs

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    also, several serial killers have been known to stay at the motel, including the nightstalker killer
    Creepy shit going on in that hotel.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I feel confident in saying she was drugged...weather or not she did it on her own or her drink was spiked idk

she was naked?...perhaps it will be shown if she was raped or not

I think there's somebody holding the elevator door open that knew there's a camera in there and wouldn't get into the field of view. It's like at first she's hiding then later she seems to be interacting with somebody in the hallway

Her actions seem to ramp up the longer that door stays open. It's like watching a person come to realize they are in a horrible situation with no way out.

That being said it's a very old elevator and maybe it's just persnickety and her pushing so many buttons jammed it up and she's having some form of moment on her own

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Anyone been following this story? Reminds me of the movie Dark Water.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2723853.html

Weird elevator footage before her disappearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM She was acting really strange.. as if someone or something was chasing her.

3 weeks later she's found in the water tank of the hotel?!?! Guests have been drinking / showering from the water tank that her body has been decomposing in.

Guests also reported that the water tasted "funny". They also said that black water came out of the shower in the first 2 seconds.

Couple questions that come to my mind from watching that video:

1. Who the hell was she talking to?!?!
    2. Was she on drugs?!?
    3. How come the elevator doors won't close?!?!
    4. How did she or the murderer have access to the roof?
    5. The water towers are 10 feet high. You would need a ladder to get up there. Was it an employee that murdered her?
    6. Why was she staying in that hotel by herself?!

1.???
    2.Probably
    3.Most elevators have a setting that determines how fast the doors close ( in the video they do seem to stay open a long time ( i will have to rewatch the video, not sure exactly how long) They also have Door open and door close buttons....pressing the "door open" button may keep it open longer.

Only the elevator technician can set the time delay, Most elevators also have a " emergency stop button" on the panel where all the Floor buttons are ( in plane sight)....

If you pull out the ESTOP button while the doors are open...then they will remain open until you press it back in.

That's what it looks like happened to me...especially since she bent down and looked at something at the bottom of the panel.

( re watched it....the door closes aoutomatically......couldn't have been the " estop" button...maybe she pressed the Door open button a few times?)

either way...really creepy.

4. She either knew where the roof access was...or she came across it and went up...or someone took her up there.

5.Prolly a ladder already up there....permantley mounted on the tower

6.??
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 02-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    1.???
    2.Probably
    3.Most elevators have a setting that determines how fast the doors close ( in the video they do seem to stay open a long time ( i will have to rewatch the video, not sure exactly how long) They also have Door open and door close buttons....pressing the "door open" button may keep it open longer.

Only the elevator technician can set the time delay, Most elevators also have a " emergency stop button" on the panel where all the Floor buttons are ( in plane sight)....
    The elevator could also be in service mode which has to be activated by a key. It's for moving furniture or other things when you don't want the door to close until you want it to. You have to push and hold the floor button down until the door closes to use the elevator

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    The elevator could also be in service mode which has to be activated by a key. It's for moving furniture or other things when you don't want the door to close until you want it to. You have to push and hold the floor button down until the door closes to use the elevator

can you make it close from the service room? ( outside the actual elevator)

the video shows the doors closing automatically.....with no one inside the elevator.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Anybody saying that lsd or mushrooms caused this have apparently never take. LSD or mushrooms

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

So what's the exact story behind this? Student going on a tourist trip and then suddenly dies? Does anyone know info on the girl and the stuff she was involved in, her interests, personality, etc?

That video reminded me of the movie 1408.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Anybody saying that lsd or mushrooms caused this have apparently never take. LSD or mushrooms
    Who knows she could have been on some mind control drug or possibly possessed.

BTW, i'm agnostic so I'm not a religious nut but I think there's a possibility.

the video shows the doors closing automatically.....with no one inside the elevator.

I don't know.

Could be somebody outside in the hall pushing buttons or I wonder if it's on service mode if the doors open and closing is from other people on other floors calling for the elevator but service mode keeps overriding the call.

It is an old elevator and probably won't be transistor or circuit board controlled like a new one but instead will be controlled by a series of switches and relays. Somebody on another floor calls for the elevator, the doors close but then a relay overrides the call because of service mode and opens the door again

Something happened. She went from there being fully clothed and freaking out for whatever reason to being dead and naked in a cistern

Initially I thought maybe it was a service elevator too.. which is why the doors wouldn't close. But after she left, the doors finally closed.. without anyone releasing the service button.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Initially I thought maybe it was a service elevator too.. which is why the doors wouldn't close. But after she left, the doors finally closed.. without anyone releasing the service button.

- Someone needs to take a picture of the Elevator panel... I'm 2 hours away in Santa Barbara....or else I would do it....

- anyone closer to LA?....it's only 6 blocks away from the staple center.

- Make sure to let everyone know you are going.....just in case you don't make it back.