Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Back from vacation, how've the Raps been doing?

I've been gone pretty much since last Tuesday for the US thanksgiving and only had access to the radio. Can someone fill me in on how the Raps have been doing since then? I know that they played the Bobcats on Wednesday (W), Hawks on Friday (W) and Lakers yesterday (L). Can someone give me a basic summary of how the games went? Who stepped up, who didn't show up, etc.. I heard that Joey Graham was pretty good in a couple of games.

Last edited by bokes15 : 12-01-2008 at 03:58 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Back from vacation, how've the Raps been doing?

It's basically been on par with the rest of the year. Bosh has been on fire, JO is still hurt, and Calderon has slowed down a bit from his slow start.

Moon is playing well after coming back into the starting lineup and Graham has had some good games as well. Ukic is doing a decent job at backup, a lot of skill but still makes a lot of rookie mistakes. Hump is Hump.

Not a whole lot missed other than a pretty sick alleyoop pass from Calderon to Bosh.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
It's basically been on par with the rest of the year. Bosh has been on fire, JO is still hurt, and Calderon has slowed down a bit from his slow start.

Moon is playing well after coming back into the starting lineup and Graham has had some good games as well. Ukic is doing a decent job at backup, a lot of skill but still makes a lot of rookie mistakes. Hump is Hump.

Not a whole lot missed other than a pretty sick alleyoop pass from Calderon to Bosh.

Defense has been slightly better IMO (allow us to beat Bobcats and Hawks), especially Bargs playing well against Okafor, Horford, and Odom/Gasol.

Rebounding is horrible!!! much worse than our defense.

Hump hasn't been Humps IMO, was poor in all 3 games.

Kapono shooting well, but lots of mistakes~!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
Defense has been slightly better IMO (allow us to beat Bobcats and Hawks), especially Bargs playing well against Okafor, Horford, and Odom/Gasol.

Rebounding is horrible!!! much worse than our defense.

Hump hasn't been Humps IMO, was poor in all 3 games.

Kapono shooting well, but lots of mistakes~!

To me Hump = High energy player that every once and awhile will have a good game (12 points, 6-8 boards), but generally just hustles and picks up some garbage points and gives the real bigs a breather.

Hump was Hump without the occasional big game.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
To me Hump = High energy player that every once and awhile will have a good game (12 points, 6-8 boards), but generally just hustles and picks up some garbage points and gives the real bigs a breather.

Hump was Hump without the occasional big game.

I hate hump when he takes those jump shots.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Hump never passes the ball, the guy either takes a jumpshot or drives to the rim but ends up missing the layup.

But aside from that, I like his energy and rebounding.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thing is, with high energy guys like Hump, I can live with him taking shots because of the tradeoffs of effort and rebounding. Sure he takes some bad shots and isn't much of an offensive player but he's only taking 2-3 shots a game total and his impact is greater than one or two missed jumpers.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #8
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The thing is, with high energy guys like Hump, I can live with him taking shots because of the tradeoffs of effort and rebounding. Sure he takes some bad shots and isn't much of an offensive player but he's only taking 2-3 shots a game total and his impact is greater than one or two missed jumpers.

u have no idea how bad he was

the zero-assist factor is not new, but
non-existent on defensive end is what i am concerned
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: