Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Antwan Jamison says Michael can still play today even at 50

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Some of you actually think he'd come back if he felt he'd be garbage?

Of course he'd only even consider a comeback if he was sure he could play.

I agree that a 50 year old wouldn't have the same stamina, but he wouldn't be playing 30 minutes, he wouldn't be carrying the entire load and getting the same defensive attention. This is also MJ we're talking about, who even out of shape is still beating NBA players in their prime. Get him in multiple iso situations in a game and he's scoring on most of those.

SMH people comparing him to steph curry.
    Steph Curry would be 10x better than 50 year old Jordan. You are a lunatic.

His name is AnTAWN. Why the hell does everybody including 9 out of 10 announcers call him AnTWAN?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
    His name is AnTAWN. Why the hell does everybody including 9 out of 10 announcers call him AnTWAN?
    You're right. I used Google, when you start typing his name the suggestion is Antwan Jamison. As well as the ESPN article.

No player in history would be able to crack 10 ppg at the age of 50, let's be real. Kareem was at 17.5 at 40, but quickly fell to 10.1 at 42. Deterioration comes faster as years go by, although taking a few competitive years off may work to your body's favor if you manage to keep it in good condition.

Here's something to consider. Jordan's points/minute productivity after his first comeback:

1996: 0.806
    1997: 0.783
    1998: 0.741
    2002: 0.657
    2003: 0.541
    2013: ?

Now notice that 2013 is as far away from even 2003 as 2003 was from 1993 and we realize that even at 20 mpg, we can't realistically expect something more than maybe 7 ppg, and even playing 20 mpg at that age would be quite a feat to be honest.

Some of you actually think he'd come back if he felt he'd be garbage?

Of course he'd only even consider a comeback if he was sure he could play.

I agree that a 50 year old wouldn't have the same stamina, but he wouldn't be playing 30 minutes, he wouldn't be carrying the entire load and getting the same defensive attention. This is also MJ we're talking about, who even out of shape is still beating NBA players in their prime. Get him in multiple iso situations in a game and he's scoring on most of those.

SMH people comparing him to steph curry.
    Posts like this from you make me believe you still think superheroes are real. Its cute and all you believe in your hero and all, but aren't you in your mid 30's? Its time to get a grasp on life and stop believing in tall tales and magic stories.

Yes, Steph Curry currently was better than Wizards MJ too.

Stop trying to pass off others as the delusional ones when you actually insinuated MJ could get a 50 point game at 50 years old.

I don't think Current MJ is even better than Mike James.

He might average 12-15 ppg in the D-League.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Posts like this from you make me believe you still think superheroes are real. Its cute and all you believe in your hero and all, but aren't you in your mid 30's? Its time to get a grasp on life and stop believing in tall tales and magic stories.

Yes, Steph Curry currently was better than Wizards MJ too.

Stop trying to pass off others as the delusional ones when you actually insinuated MJ could get a 50 point game at 50 years old.
    You keep believing that.

BTW

Has it even hit any of you that Jamison hasn't been the only one stating that he could still play and be effective?

I'm assuming that the reports of him beating players in practice and one on one are all just myths then, correct?

MJ scoring 50 at 50 could be a possibility if everything fell into place for him. It'll be extremely hard to do no shit, but not impossible.

You keep believing that.

BTW

Has it even hit any of you that Jamison hasn't been the only one stating that he could still play and be effective?

I'm assuming that the reports of him beating players in practice and one on one are all just myths then, correct?

MJ scoring 50 at 50 could be a possibility if everything fell into place for him. It'll be extremely hard to do no shit, but not impossible.
    The fact that you're still clinging for dear life to his ridiculous, outrageous, nonsensical belief really makes me think that you sit at home snorting lines while watching your Jordan VHS collection on replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    The fact that you're still clinging for dear life to his ridiculous, outrageous, nonsensical belief really makes me think that you sit at home snorting lines while watching your Jordan VHS collection on replay.
    Yeah that's exactly what I do.

You keep believing that.

BTW

Whats your point with 1 on 1?

I've lost to far worse players in 1 on 1. Everyone has. Jordan lost to Jerry Stackhouse 1 on 1. Means shit all.

LOL at you thinking Jordan would be as good as Steph Curry. Now, or when he was 40.

Jordan could not score 50 points in a game. How many players have done it this season? Exactly. And you think a 50 year old can come waltz into the best league in the world, during one of its strongest eras and score 50?

Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Whats your point with 1 on 1?

I've lost to far worse players in 1 on 1. Everyone has. Jordan lost to Jerry Stackhouse 1 on 1. Means shit all.

LOL at you thinking Jordan would be as good as Steph Curry. Now, or when he was 40.

Jordan could not score 50 points in a game. How many players have done it this season? Exactly. And you think a 50 year old can come waltz into the best league in the world, during one of its strongest eras and score 50?

Idiot.
    Nobody's scored 50 because not too many players are gunning for it. You telling me Durant or James can't get there?

One on one matters because it shows that the skill level is still there. Not just the skill level, but enough athleticism to still beat players. It matters because he can get isolation plays in the post. It matters because it shows he can get his shot off which is one of the hardest things to do when you age, or in general. It matters because it shows just how skilled and how much better he is/was that being this old, out of shape, without playing ball can still beat a PRO NBA player in their prime. This isn't a case in which he's getting beat badly. It's not as if he's getting obliterated.

So now, you have him in a game situation, playing limited minutes as a sidekick and NOT the main player. He's proved that he can get his shot off, beat men one on one without being in shape, so you run an iso for him. We know he can not only get the shot off but beat his man. If he gets doubled, it aint like he can't pass or isn't smart enough to know where and when he's gonna get trapped, this aint an average player. He's crafty enough to create a shot or split a double in the paint. Naturally it'll be harder for him in the perimeter, but he could work the paint like no other player today. From different blocks, only Kobe could be better (for a wing player). Add to that the calls he'll receive from refs, he'd be a very serviceable player. I understand the differences between a one on one game and a game situation, the game situation actually favors MJ in some instances. It aint like he's Wade, MJ can actually play on the right side, has multiple moves, a jumper that is wet.

The 50 point game is a very far stretch.

But not impossible IF all things fell into place. More importantly plenty of rest and health. He won't be launching 3s, he'd be getting to the line and getting buckets around the paint. When somebody is in the zone, they don't get tired, the teammates feed him, and they can't miss. Kobe has been very effective in the paint this season, that can give you an idea of what he'd be able to do (naturally at a reduced rate).

The biggest obstacle he'd face is his legs giving out on him and his body not responding. Him beating players one on one and in scrimmages shows that it isn't the competition.

Some of us older posters know what it's like to play vs younger players. We understand what one goes through. We also know that on any given day, we can still have flashbacks and dominate a game. Might happen just once, but it can (and has) happen.

Is this a joke?

Dude wouldnt even make the D-League let alone play in the NBA..

Jordan can play at 50 because shooting baskets is easy, especially when u open. It's not like trying taking a tackle from a 320 pound lineman or hitting a 98 mph fastball. That's why guys like Terry and Allen can still be a threat. You may not have speed anymore, but anyone can look good taking open jump shots. If Jordan was playing alongside Kobe or Lebron he would swish it and get tons of awes.

NBA rookie of the year

He would have to be on human growth hormone or some other kind of testosterone replacement to be able to do it.

The human body just isn't designed to play a sport like basketball at that high of a level at age 50.

Unless it's a role like being purely a spot up shooter.

Banned

One of the stupidest things I have ever heard on this website. MJ wouldn't be able to make a team.

Running at full speed is part of the NBA. There is no way he even average 10 points while having to play defense.

He would be a huge liability on all aspects of the game. It would hurt the team more than helping.