Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Calling Steph Curry an early MVP candidate is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Paul isn't "definitely" better

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

This season?

Steph is currently having the best PG season since 08 Chris Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This season?
    It's close but yeah, I'd still go with Paul every time and not regret it. I can understand people going for Curry though. Since CP3 emerged in 08, Curry is probably the best non-CP3 PG. I think at this point, everybody would take him over 11 Rose for sure.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Steph is currently having the best PG season since 08 Chris Paul.

Uh...Chris Paul in 09? 22.8ppg 11.0apg 5.5rpg 2.8spg 3.0topg .503%fg, much better defender etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    And they are entitled to their opinions...just like I am. I dunno why you are getting on my case considering the absolute sewer waste people call threads that come through daily. At the very least this thread can spark an semi-intelligent discussion...
    To be fair, you came off aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    To be fair, you came off aggressive.
    Showmanship is an art you know. You gotta give the people what they want.

And they are entitled to their opinions...just like I am. I dunno why you are getting on my case considering the absolute sewer waste people call threads that come through daily. At the very least this thread can spark an semi-intelligent discussion...
    You know what? I'll gladly read your threads over the rat poison 3ball and mehyA produce..

Bogut is underrated though. We can all agree there.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    It's close but yeah, I'd still go with Paul every time and not regret it. I can understand people going for Curry though. Since CP3 emerged in 08, Curry is probably the best non-CP3 PG. I think at this point, everybody would take him over 11 Rose for sure.
    Blake is the best player on the Clippers doe

Uh...no. You could not just replace Bogut with an "average" center and expect the same results. That is asinine.

Edit: Oh a good record...probably. Probably similar to last years Suns maybe. The team falls of huge without Bogut though and frankly they did only win 51 games last year...I guess it depends on how much you think that was Mark Jackson.
    Thats why I said "the same could not be said about Bogut"

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    It's Harden so far imo. Roster is really depleted and he's playing solid on defense for once.

Bogut is the real MVP of the team, but by traditional voting standards it would be Curry. Unless you play with another MVP candidate, the strength of the squad doesn't factor that much imo.
    ^^ This...

Isaiah Canaan Out Dec 8
    Comment: Canaan (ankle) has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against the Warriors, Mark Berman of Fox 26 in Houston reports.

Dwight Howard Out Dec 8
    Comment: Howard (knee) is considered doubtful for Wednesday's matchup with the Warriors, Mark Berman of Fox 26 in Houston reports.

Francisco Garcia Day-To-Day Dec 8
    Comment: Garcia (calf) is questionable to play Wednesday against the Warriors, Mark Berman of Fox 26 in Houston reports.

Terrence Jones Out Dec 8
    Comment: Jones (leg) has improved, but isn't close to returning and is still out indefinitely, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Kostas Papanikolaou Out Dec 8
    Comment: Papanikolaou (knee) said Saturday that he will likely be out 10 to 15 days, the Houston Chroncile's Jonathan Feigen reports.

That's what Harden is playing with, and he's still balling out of control. He is the only legit option they have on the floor right now, and he's averaged 27, 6, 6 over his last 8 games, not to mention he's playing above average defense. SAS said himself, if Harden played any semblance of defense, he "is easily, easily, the MVP"

It's Harden.

Good lucky trying to find a player who could replace Curry's shooting and passing ability. And he's playing better defense this year as well.
    Of course Bogut is very important to this team since he's their only center and only elite inside defender but Curry is the best player and the MVP of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    OP is one of those basketball hipsters who are overly obsessed with 10/10 big men.

He's obsessed with Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, and Ray Allen. Regularly propping them up or hating on the likes of MJ, Kobe, LeBron, etc. Or in this case Bogut > Curry.

OP is the basketball equivalent to ascots, neck beards, flannel, lenseless glasses and skinny jeans. He tries really hard to be a unique snow flake. Probably no attention given to him in his every day life.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

He's obsessed with Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, and Ray Allen. Regularly propping them up or hating on the likes of MJ, Kobe, LeBron, etc. Or in this case Bogut > Curry.

OP is the basketball equivalent to ascots, neck beards, flannel, lenseless glasses and skinny jeans. He tries really hard to be a unique snow flake. Probably no attention given to him in his every day life.
    I laughed... I don't hate Lebron (or MJ or Kobe for that matter really) though. If you are going to write an autobiographical note at least get the facts straight.

National High School Star

23.2 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.9 spg on 49%, 41%, 92% is definitely MVP level numbers when you consider he does it in the LEAST MPG he has ever played (except for the 26 game injury season). He does all that in 32.8 mpg. That's ridiculously good.

If anyone truly thinks that Curry is not the MVP of both his team and arguably the NBA they just have hater shades on.

Bogut is great and he is the critical piece they need to go from a good team to a serious contender. However, if you take Steph Curry off this team they are significantly worse and at best a 8th seed. He does so much for the team. Whenever they are in trouble, not playing well, needing a big hoop, etc he is the go to guy and delivers night after night. He does it within the team concept which is even more amazing and does it with passing and shooting.

There is not a pg in the league that he is not more valuable than. You could replace him with any other pg in the league and that team would improve. Simply the attention he draws with his ability to shoot opens the floor so much for his teammates. Nobody is going to double anybody on the Warriors because of the attention he draws. He draws Shaq level attention...but on the perimeter. It's so unique that people just are complete haterade/unbelievable when discussing him.

He does have flaws. He'll never be a Kobe/Mike/Lebron/Durant size player so there are going to be times that he won't be able to get a shot off the same way those guys do. It is why it is important to get the right pieces around him that allow him to both pass and shoot. Though his stats would improve, he would be a much worse player if he had a Kryie mentality.

Irks me hearing people talk about him. Acting like he isn't a playoff superstar...he absolutely crushes it in the playoffs. They just lost to better teams..he did everything possible to get the W's. If they played the Clips and even had Festus they would of probably won. They took em to 7 without any centers. And they lost to the Spurs..that's it. He led a David Lee less (when he was the superstar still) team to a victory upset against the Nuggets.