Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #31
bada bing
College star

Default Re: "I think it's likely that he will leave" - Bryan Colangelo

if the raptors dont agree to a sign and trade, bosh ends up losing a lot of money. A LOT! The cavs have already stated they will not do a S&T with any team if lebron wishes to leave. Why aren't the raptors doing the same thing? whats BC's reasoning to agree to a S&T for bosh? If i look at it, the ball is really on our court here. We can just tell Bosh to f. off and no way in hell does he happily agree to lose all that money.

I still think if BC was able to make some good moves, Bosh would sign with this team....
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #32
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Can we just tell him we will sign and trade him and just decide not to after he signed? Or is there some kind of written agreement to this lol
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #33
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Can't think of a team with a worse "future" than that. At least even Minnesota has Kevin Love who is better than any of those guys.

And Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson and Corey Brewer and possibly Rubio etc.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #34
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
if the raptors dont agree to a sign and trade, bosh ends up losing a lot of money. A LOT! The cavs have already stated they will not do a S&T with any team if lebron wishes to leave. Why aren't the raptors doing the same thing? whats BC's reasoning to agree to a S&T for bosh? If i look at it, the ball is really on our court here. We can just tell Bosh to f. off and no way in hell does he happily agree to lose all that money.

I still think if BC was able to make some good moves, Bosh would sign with this team....

Why would anybody make any decisions now? Why would Colangelo say he wonít do something when he doesnít know what might be able to happen?

Relax everybody. When there is a deal to talk about I would expect any GM to look at that deal and make a decision on that particular deal. If the Cavís are actually stupid enough to invalidate anything at the onset then they deserve to loose LeBron and not get anything in return.

Why would the Cavís care if LeBron looses 30 mil? Why would the Cavís not take something worthwhile in return if they deemed that to be worthy?

Relax and let things happen. Wait and tear a new azz hole onto somebody for a trade after itís done and not do that based on some speculation.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #35
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing

I think that there are differences between our situation and the Cavs situation that prevent BC from doing that. For the Cavs, Dan Gilbert has made it clear that Cleveland is gonna make the best possible moves for the team, and that they won't be at the mercy of Lebron James. In their case, Shaq, Bron, Delonte are off the books this year, a lot more coming off next year, and they have tradeable pieces in place on the team already so Bron can't really play hard ball on them. The Raptors on the other hand have a bunch of large long term contracts, very little cap room, and not a whole lot of good tradeable assets (unless as people say we lose something in the trade like future draft picks or young talent). In addition to that, BC's job and reputation are at stake here. Therefore Bosh basically has this franchise by the balls. BC desperately does not want Bosh to leave for nothing because of what that would leave us with.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: