Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Lebron is already ranked above Kobe in the all-time list

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe has never and will never need my help

why? because his career is built on what hes accomplished. not what his fans say on message boards

like lebron fans. they need his fans support. because his career is built on word of mouth and opinion

ive never said anything that wasnt just reminding people what kobes done. thats not my opinion

its lebron fans who are building a case based on "well i watched this guy and that guy and i think this guy was better at this point than the other guy"

I see where you are going with this. Lemme ask you a simple question. If kobe gets his 6th this year is he equal to jordan in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    29/7/6 is nothing? That's almost what Bron averaged last year.
    Kobe's first three rings were all Shaq's gifts, its the truth no one can deny.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    There are an average of 100 points scored per game my friend. Teams rpass, shoot, rebound, and run all around the court for 48 minutes to put the ball in the hole 40-50 times each over the course of the game.

Kobe put in 30 percent of his teams points, grabbed like 15 percent of his teams rebounds, and led his team in successful passes that led directly to buckets while being the teams best closer and clutch player. That's riding someone's back? It makes no sense anyway you look at it.

Do you have an argument above a third grade level?

Very good NBA starter

Are you another stateofmind troll account or just retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe has never and will never need my help
    Then why the hell do you start so many damn Kobe threads? And why are 99% of your posts Kobe related?

why? because his career is built on what hes accomplished. not what his fans say on message boards

You act like if it wasn't for LeBron's fans posting about him on here, no one would know how good he is. You act like LeBron's in his mid or late 30's and his career is winding down without him accomplishing much. He just turned 28 years old and already has an extremely impressive resume: 3x MVP, 1x FMVP, 1x Champ, 6x All-NBA 1st Team, 2x All-NBA 2nd Team, 4x All-Defense 1st Team in 10 seasons. It's not unreasonable to think he could play at or close to this level for another 3-5 seasons. It's not like he's not going to add to his resume. But, in my opinion, he needs another ring or two in order to be ranked close to or above Kobe in the all-time rankings.

like lebron fans. they need his fans support. because his career is built on word of mouth and opinion
    No, dipshit, his career is built on him being a damn good basketball player, and being the best player in the world for arguably fiive years now, and three or four years at the very least. And every player's legacy standing is built largely on opinion, especially in the message board community.

ive never said anything that wasnt just reminding people what kobes done. thats not my opinion
    Right, but that's not all you do. You also manipulate certain "facts", mold your opinions around them, put basically nothing into context, and act like everything you say is indisputable.

its lebron fans who are building a case based on "well i watched this guy and that guy and i think this guy was better at this point than the other guy"
    I agree in that legacy/all-time ranking wise Kobe is higher than LeBron right now. But when someone says or wants to argue this version of LeBron (prime/peak LeBron) is better than prime/peak Kobe, they have a very legit argument. We'll see what LeBron's doing in six years at 34 years old, but right now LeBron very well may be as good or better than Kobe was in his prime.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Himan12
    Winning in the playoffs and ultimately the championship is a team accomplishment. I dont know who in their right minds would pick a 1 man team to go all the way and win it all. Generally a team that does really well in the regular season would have depth and quality starters which the cavs did during their lbj era. They built a pretty good regular season team around him with shooters/bigs that hustled and played good team orientated D.

The problem is they didnt have that legit second option (hell they didnt even have a third option). Which would have helped lbj against the celtics/magic/spurs of the world. Because the playoffs are all about how your stars perform when the opposing teams key in on your team's strengths and weaknesses and stars can perform when they are under constant pressure while role players cannot. Thats why deep teams with a couple of stars vs one superstar teams usually end with the star studded team prevailing.

Those lbj cavs highlighted his greatness, in no way or shape did that team dim his talent as evident by the following season after the decision.
    Well at a certain point there has to be something to differentiate players besides stats. If two players put up identical stats then how do you differentiate them? It seems to me that people will believe what they believe, if you believe that Lebron has always been better than Kobe the no amount of evidence, stats, support, statements from analysts, legends etc will make you even consider the contrary. And if that's the case I hope you're ready to change your whole top 10 list because if we just go by pure stats disregarding championships then Wilt should unquestionably be number 1. So let me ask you if championships really don't matter would people say Lebron is better than Kobe if he hadn't won a championship last year?

You didn't answer his question. Is 29/7/6 nothing? Be honest with yourself for a second... If your favorite player had the opportunity to play with Shaq and averaged 29/7/6 for the post season playing next to Shaq on the way to a championship, would you call that "nothing?"

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Well at a certain point there has to be something to differentiate players besides stats. If two players put up identical stats then how do you differentiate them? It seems to me that people will believe what they believe, if you believe that Lebron has always been better than Kobe the no amount of evidence, stats, support, statements from analysts, legends etc will make you even consider the contrary. And if that's the case I hope you're ready to change your whole top 10 list because if we just go by pure stats disregarding championships then Wilt should unquestionably be number 1. So let me ask you if championships really don't matter would people say Lebron is better than Kobe if he hadn't won a championship last year?
    He is number 1.

Wilt, Jordan and Kareem stand apart from everyone else that's ever played in the NBA.

No way in hell Bron is rated over Kobe in the all time rankings. But Bron is in my top ten right now. U gotta realize many keep Bird in the top 10 GOAT and rightfully so. But Bron is under 300 points away from 20,000 career points. Bird have a little over 21,000 career points. Bird has 3 MVPs and Bron has 3 MVPs. Bron after this year could likely be regarded as the GOAT SF! Which would catapult him in the top 6-8 GOAT arguably of all time. Kobe on the other hand is making an assault on the top 5 GOAT and is still going strong. So if anything, Bron is still playing some catchup to Kobe. But over time Bron will likely pass Kobe and go for MJ's spot.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    29/7/6 is nothing? That's almost what Bron averaged last year.

What did Kobe average in each of his championship runs? And, how would you rank them from best to worst?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    What did Kobe average in each of his championship runs? And, how would you rank them from best to worst?
    29/7/6
    26/5/5
    29/6/5
    30/5/5
    21/5/4

I'd put them in order 2009, 2001, 2010, 2002, 2000. Four out of five of his championships are carrying serious weight to anyone who knows anything about bball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    He is number 1.

Wilt, Jordan and Kareem stand apart from everyone else that's ever played in the NBA.

I'd put Magic over Jabbar. KAJ never won in LA till Magic finally came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    How would you rate them?