Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: The Philadelphia 76ers are now 0 and....

But we're not tanking

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Nice...

And as said, no college team is beating an NBA team. No way no how. Philly has talent, too. ****in hightop is a beast.

Kentucky may not even win the NCAA championship, jussayin. In 1 game they would get crushed by Philly. Demoralized. Nerlie was probably better than anyone on Kentucky same with MCW... even as a college player, now they got exp.

The scheme would have to be some sort of a zone where they made sure MCW and Nerlens weren't able to do shit or even get on the boards and left their other wack players wide open and hope they missed.

Also Davies is arite. I saw him putting some on Houston.

-Smak
    There's been plenty of College teams that would beat the brakes off of terrible NBA teams. The Fab5 Michigan-Duke teams of the 90s, the Noah-Horford-Brewer Florida dynasty, and a few others come to mind. We've seen teams made of NBA all stars get taken to the wood shed by Greece and other random countries made up of guys who wouldn't be good enough to get scholarships at the top D-1 schools.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    But we're not tanking
    You're a 6ers fan? Always pictured you as a T-Wolves fan with the username or were you just a big player fan of Szczerbiak?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

1992 college all stars beat the 1992 Dream Team in scrimmage. Let's not act like it's totally impossible for a college team to take a game off pros.

And this 76ers team is historically bad. The average age of the team is 23 years old, and that's with Jason Richardson averaged in who is 33. The team is mostly comprised of undrafted rookies, that would never even make the team at Kentucky. Kentucky has nine players that are over 6'6" tall, and about 9 projected first round picks. Nerlens Noel is also not better than everyone on Kentucky, especially when you factor in that he is coming off an ACL injury, and hasn't played competitive basketball in over a year. At this point Kentucky Noel > 76ers Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    1992 college all stars beat the 1992 Dream Team in scrimmage. Let's not act like it's totally impossible for a college team to take a game off pros.

And this 76ers team is historically bad. The average age of the team is 23 years old, and that's with Jason Richardson averaged in who is 33. The team is mostly comprised of undrafted rookies, that would never even make the team at Kentucky. Kentucky has nine players that are over 6'6" tall, and about 9 projected first round picks. Nerlens Noel is also not better than everyone on Kentucky, especially when you factor in that he is coming off an ACL injury, and hasn't played competitive basketball in over a year. At this point Kentucky Noel > 76ers Noel.
    Maybe so @ Nerl but he's a monster. I saw him do shit that bigs just don't do. I saw him rip James Harden. He gets in.

Kentucky has a lot of picks but they don't have THAT GUY. That's why they are running in units, as they were sayin, cuz they don't have a superstar. They are just good and deep. I dunno if they could beat Philly. Philly is tanking, true... but who on Kentucky is gonna do shit?

Shved is also a good player. He's just playing like shit. I think for real that people tell them to just go out there and lose.

I think a college bball team could beat an nba team... if it was a historical college team. Kentucky isn't. They have talent, a lot... a ridic recruiting class, but I'm talking about a college team with cohesion and gaps filled. Lesse if they even win it.

Gimme a college team with two amazing players and really good role players over Kentucky. gimme ****in Duke, you seen Okafor? I think you need players like him, on that sort of go into the NBA and get 20 as a rookie, as well as talent that can make shots and defend NBA players.

They gotta be talented enough to change the defense. I can't believe you think that these guys would make Kentucky's roster. lol. I'm betting the opposite. If you could take one of those guys and make them a 1 and done player (cuz I agree that they wouldn't take up a spot for them as a 20 something year old) that never got any better, bet like they wouldn't all find a roster spot.

It'd be funny, tho. It's easy to say whatever because they won't play. If you get the worst record in the NBA you should have to play the NCAA champion and if you lose you don't get a draft pick.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    There's been plenty of College teams that would beat the brakes off of terrible NBA teams. The Fab5 Michigan-Duke teams of the 90s, the Noah-Horford-Brewer Florida dynasty, and a few others come to mind. We've seen teams made of NBA all stars get taken to the wood shed by Greece and other random countries made up of guys who wouldn't be good enough to get scholarships at the top D-1 schools.
    double post. yea. I meant this year. I agree a historic dynasty team could maybe beat a really bad NBA team. They could also lose.

Sometimes a team loses in the 1st round of the tourney vs a 15 seed. Shit happens. I dunno if you can base that off of outliers. Anything can happen, but in general I don't think Kentucky could beat Philly, even once in a series.

Sure, tho, like I said teams w/ nba quality players... the guys who go in and are starting impact players their first year, plus great role players, have a chance. Not a big one though. If a team loses cuz they are slipping or clowning... it counts, but I dunno if it's an accurate assessment of their talent.

When people say Kentucky could beat Philly they are saying they are better. They're not. Every year there is some bad nba team and some ncaa team and people say "Yea they could beat x." I don't agree.

-Smak

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

should be in the D League

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    You're a 6ers fan? Always pictured you as a T-Wolves fan with the username or were you just a big player fan of Szczerbiak?
    Nah just speaking in the perspective of the 6ers

I got this account back in the glory days of the Wolves, they were my team back then. I've been a Suns fan ever since, and more recently OKC.

Banned

Exactly. Sometimes the College ranks (especially back when guys played more than just a year) produce all time great talents at the same time/era. That '92 College team had future greats Grant Hill, Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway. A team of College players led by Jordan and Ewing smacked around an NBA All Star team featuring Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, and Alex English in '84.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cIIuS_BvHM

It's not ridiculous to think a great college team made up of future NBA all stars could beat a team of glorified D-Leaguers.

double post. yea. I meant this year. I agree a historic dynasty team could maybe beat a really bad NBA team. They could also lose.

Sometimes a team loses in the 1st round of the tourney vs a 15 seed. Shit happens. I dunno if you can base that off of outliers. Anything can happen, but in general I don't think Kentucky could beat Philly, even once in a series.

Sure, tho, like I said teams w/ nba quality players... the guys who go in and are starting impact players their first year, plus great role players, have a chance. Not a big one though. If a team loses cuz they are slipping or clowning... it counts, but I dunno if it's an accurate assessment of their talent.

When people say Kentucky could beat Philly they are saying they are better. They're not. Every year there is some bad nba team and some ncaa team and people say "Yea they could beat x." I don't agree.

-Smak
    Yeah, I was just discussing the idea in general. I don't know enough about the present Kentucky team or its players to say whether or not they could beat the God awful 6ers. I know for a fact though that the Fab 5 would've run MCW and crew out the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tycriss
    6/76ers

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Can't see who the streak ends to. ..
    When do they play the Cav's?

Who the f*ck dd kentucky beat after only 6 games for you to rven spew this nonsense from your fingertips? Jesus Christ some of you guys are hilarious. I just broke down the sixers. Try reading and countering it. Because the second kentucky loses a game or two or three I'll be bumping this thread looking for guys like you who actually think kentucky could beat the sixers.

And who on kentucky is better than Noel right now? I'll wait...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Tycriss
    6/76ers
    you think they are winning 6 games?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Easily, I dont see why clueless fans always think a college team can beat a bad pro team.
    76ers push the definition of a pro team to the limit though

Chuck Daly purposely threw that scrimmage to get the Dream Team prepared to not take any team for granted.