Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #31
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Default Re: dallas...disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

Watch some of MJ's classic games to see how a franchise player plays. Outside of Pip and maybe Rodman, there were no All Stars on that team (as far as I know).

Outside of "Pippen and Rodan!" Plus Jordan, there are 3 all stars on those bulls teams! Man, MJ really had it rough!

poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #32
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

The Mavs learned that the regular season means nothing.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #33
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

I didn't forget that. He didn't win his first title until his what...6th or 7th year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
some of you seem to forget that MJ himself had to learn from playoff failures before he became JORDAN.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #34
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

What 3 All Stars did Jordan have playing beside him all at the same time? As far as I know, Pip was the only consistent All Star. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707

Outside of "Pippen and Rodan!" Plus Jordan, there are 3 all stars on those bulls teams! Man, MJ really had it rough!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #35
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

i was with you until that OP. Not only are Pippen and Rodman all stars, but they're top 50 h.o.f top 50 players and even Ho Grant and Kukoc are among the greatest role players of all time, if that isn't too much of an oxymoron.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #36
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
i was with you until that OP. Not only are Pippen and Rodman all stars, but they're top 50 h.o.f top 50 players and even Ho Grant and Kukoc are among the greatest role players of all time, if that isn't too much of an oxymoron.

don't forget Kerr's outside role player shooting.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #37
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Were you referring to me or someone else?

Regardless, Jordan's supporting cast was good. No doubt about that. Rodman was a rebounding machine and pesky on defense, but that was his role. I'm sure he was an All Star, but how often? Was it every year or only once? Rodman isn't in the HOF, and he's been retired for quite a while. Grant and Kukoc were excellent at their roles too. Same with Kerr.

However in pertaining to the topic of the thread, it's not like Dirk's supporting cast is awful. Could it improve? Sure. Is it terrible? No way. I'd say he has one of the better supporting casts for a superstar today. But in the end, they are there to support Dirk, and he needs to step up big time. Which he hasn't done yet.

Could he do it? Sure, but only time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #38
Ghetto Phenom
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707

LMAO! What! You mean the Bulls didn't win the title with FIVE ALL-STARS?!?!?!? Who ever heard of such a thing? Hm...wait, I'm getting a text message....Says Spurs just won w/ Duncan and Parker...Heat won with Shaq n Wade...Lakers won w/ Kobe n Shaq...etc.

That said, Jordan is still the GOAT. (Although I'll also accept Wilt or Russell as acceptable answers)
Ghetto Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: