Mavs notes after beating injury-riddled Hornets on Dec. 30
· With the win tonight, the Mavericks have won 20 in a row over the Hornets, which is the current longest win streak by one team over another. The Hornets last win in the series was on 11/17/99.
· Dallas has now won nine in a row, which ties for the sixth longest win streak in franchise history. The Mavericks have also won 14 of their last 15 games at home.
· Dallas won by 14 points tonight and led by as many as 26. The Mavericks have won six of their last eight games by double-digits and 14 of their 23 wins this season have been by 10 or more points. Dallas has led by 10+ points in all 23 of its wins.
· The Hornets scored just 80 points tonight. Dallas improves to 11-0 when its opponent scores below 90 points this season after going 32-2 in 2005-06. Over the past 22 games, opponents are averaging just 88.3 points per game. The Mavericks have held their opponent below 100 points in each of the past eight games, which is a season-high.
· Jason Terry scored a game-high 25 points tonight, marking his second straight game scoring 20+. The last time Terry scored 20+ in consecutive games, was a three-game streak from 11/8-11/12. Over the past 12 games, he is averaging 18.4 points after averaging 11.0 the seven games prior.
· Dirk Nowitzki has led the Mavericks in scoring just once over the past nine games after doing so 17 times in the first 21 games of the season. He finished with 17 points tonight.
· The Hornets hit just 2-of-10 from behind-the-arc tonight. Dallas has now held 11 opponents to two or fewer 3-pointers made this season.
· Dallas has shot 40.0% or better from behind-the-arc in each of the past two games. The Mavericks are 13-1 this season when shooting 40.0% or better after going 32-3 in 2005-06.
· The Mavericks had 23 assists to just 9 turnovers tonight. Dallas has recorded 20+ assists in each of the past six games (season-high streak) and is now 17-2 when recording 20 or more this season. Tonight is the sixth time the Mavericks have committed 10 or fewer turnovers (5-1 mark).
· The Hornets had just 13 assists to 17 turnovers tonight. Dallas improves to 8-0 when its opponent has more turnovers than assists after going 19-3 in 2005-06.
· Dallas won despite being outrebounded 43-38. The Mavericks are now 5-7 when failing to outrebounded their opponent this season.
· The Mavericks have now scored 30+ points in the first quarter 14 times after just 12 times in 05-06.