Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Marbury drops 50 points and 13 assists with Kobe guarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    but Francis was a Westbrook clone with better handles and worse shooting.
    I'd say they were equally streaky shooters.

Francis had WAY better handles, better passer ... both un willing passers as combo guards.

Westbrook obviously has the physical advantages in terms of length, durability, and strength.

Anyone seen a pic of Francis over the past few years since he left the game? He looks like an utter bum.

If you never knew he was at one time a peak physical professional athlete, you'd figure he was a local crack head.

Shame. B-Low would be sad.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Marbury and Francis as individuals are both better more skilled players than Westbrook.

Better throw in Rod Strickland while you're at it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I'd say they were equally streaky shooters.

Francis had WAY better handles, better passer ... both un willing passers as combo guards.

Westbrook obviously has the physical advantages in terms of length, durability, and strength.

Anyone seen a pic of Francis over the past few years since he left the game? He looks like an utter bum.

If you never knew he was at one time a peak physical professional athlete, you'd figure he was a local crack head.

Shame. B-Low would be sad.
    I actually think Westbrook is a better passer than Francis or maybe more willing passer. Francis handles were just unreal. I remember having clips of him playing at the rucker destroying a guy off the dribble.......blindfolded. And yeah it sucks what happened to him, but I've seen him on NBA tv recently so maybe he's getting his shit together.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Except when Marbury was on the Twolves with Garnett... really thought that was going to be the next Stockton/Malone combo. If things had not gone sour there.... who knows.
    Marbury and Garnett and Iverson and Garnett would have been the ultimate NBA duos. Just makes you wonder what if. Those were the days when you only need two star players, now it's all about 3 sometimes 4

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I remember that '03-'04 season. I remember talking with a friend who was also a Knick fan when we heard the news, and we were so excited to have a player of Marbury's talent and a Marbury/Houston backcourt. That went out about as bad as it possibly could. Houston barely played after that, and Marbury ended up eating vaseline......
    Lmao don't feel bad. The Knicks were actually playing well until they traded for Tim Thomas. Then like everything Tim Thomas touches it went to shit. Then they brought in Eddy Curry, Randolph, Jamal Crawford in the most absolute cluster **** of a team