Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    It wasn't fixed this year.
    If they fixed it for any of those outcomes, God help them.
    Stern would've been better off fixing it for Griffin to go OKC.
    Those Rednekk football fans need a winner to sell them on the NBA after all these years. At least plant the seed for the next generation.
    But no, Griffin's a clipper.
    F#@k that.
    Nice job not fixing it @ssholes.
    Yeah I was midly surprised.

Griffin or Rubio to the Clippers doesnt exactly fit right now, but it may have been done to help facilitate a bigger move for the Clippers to make.

Memphis gets the #2 pick, we're going to be more competitive next season no matter what.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Yeah I was midly surprised.

Griffin or Rubio to the Clippers doesnt exactly fit right now, but it may have been done to help facilitate a bigger move for the Clippers to make.

Memphis gets the #2 pick, we're going to be more competitive next season no matter what.
    Great call Interminator... NY with the #1 Pick

This message is hidden because kumquat is on your ignore list.

I had to put you on timeout.

And yeah I was wrong about Josh McRoberts being a valued prospect for the Blazers, just like you are wrong about the 50's & 60's players being overrated.
    This is what happens when you get ***** slapped

Love that Josh Mcroberts

You don't get to call fix and then say "oh, not this year. maybe next time". Probability dictates sometimes the outcomes will be favorable and sometimes not. Admit that you were wrong.

Why is this so hard? The internet is a wonderful thing, it allows people to act stupid, make outrageous claims, and then say they weren't actually wrong as opposed to real life where you'd be laughed at or just slapped across the head for being so stupid.

You were totally wrong, your stupid theories were wrong, everything you said was wrong, and you acted liked morons the entire time not listening to anyone and know you still claim not to be wrong?

Carry on. Far be it from me to **** on your right to be stupid.

Hint: You were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Breaking news. With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select Keith Brumbaugh!!!
    I only read a few pages of this thread, but this is my favorite post in the topic.

David Stern is obviously rewarding the Clips for sparking the rejuvenation of the Knicks by taking Z Bo off their hands, so LeBron can land in NYC. Am I really the only person who sees this.

1st Team All NBA VanillaThunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    David Stern is obviously rewarding the Clips for sparking the rejuvenation of the Knicks by taking Z Bo off their hands, so LeBron can land in NYC. Am I really the only person who sees this.
    Yeah you are the only one who sees this. I don't see how LeBron would leave Cleveland.. he's already a megastar and his endorsements cant get that much better in NYC at this point. Why leave his hometown even if it is to play in MSG. Then again I don't really think your post was serious so I'll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder
    Yeah you are the only one who sees this.
    Dude, he's joking

Knicks are basically bringing their entire front office to the Lottery, why would they do this if they are expected to get the #8 overall pick.

This is nothing more than David Stern and Nike's plan to place Ricky Rubio with the Knicks to better promote him in a system where he can flourish and be considered as somewhat of a savior to the Knicks.

Watch the Pete Maravich comparisons return due to the Nike marketing machine.

Ricky also has his own brand of Nike shoes which would probably be coming to a shoe store near you before his rookie season begins.

Slam Magazine:
    Rigging the lottery in the Knicks favour is SO 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    OK, I'm going to refer to the bottom 3 teams with the worst records as th "Top 3" in the draft lottery. This year the Top 3 are 1. Kings, 2. Wizards, 3. Clippers.

You realize that although each non-Top 3 team may have a low chance of getting the top pick or a top 3 pick on an individual basis, there is a better chance that ONE OF the non-Top 3 teams will win the lottery than that the team with the worst record (Sacramento this year) will actually win the lottery? In fact the Kings are most likely to get the #4 pick (35.7%).

There is a 39.5% chance that a non-Top 3 team (that is teams 4-14) will recieve the #1 pick. The Kings only have a 25%. On the other hand, there is a 60.5% chance that one of the Top 3 teams will win the lottery.

By the same token, there is a 44% chance that a non-Top 3 team will land the #2 pick. The Kings only have a 21.5% chance, and the Wizards (the team with the second worst record) only have an 18.8% chance. Now there is a 56% chance that a Top 3 team will get the #2 pick, so the odds are still that in their favour as a threesome.

And there is a 48.9% chance that a non-Top 3 team will get the #3 pick. The Clippers, the 3rd worst team, are most likely, by a bit, to get the #5 pick, not the #3 pick. There is a 51.9% chance that a Top-3 team will in fact get the #3 pick, but the odds are almost 50/50.

All I'm trying to demonstrate is that a lot of crazy things can happen, and "Top 3" teams (the worst of the worst) are actually going to get screwed over and fall a few spots a lot of the time. So stop acting like it's so miraculous when teams get lucky. It happens.
    Wow, it's wierd that I actually put "#4 pick" in bold when I said that the Kings were most liekly to get it, and then it totally happened. And this was at 4:35 pm, ET, there was no way I could have known anything.

I mean, I knew the Kings were more likely to end up with the #4 pick than with any other, but it pains me to see it actually happen. I wanted them to get Blake Griffin, I really did. And now we know that Griffin is going to have a shyt career, because he's going to be on the Clippers and get tainted by the curse.
    Last edited by A.M.G.; 05-20-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Wow, it's wierd that I actually put "#4 pick" in bold when I said that the Kings were most liekly to get it, and then it totally happened. And this was at 4:35 pm, ET, there was no way I could have known anything.

I mean, I knew the Kings were more likely to end up with the #4 pick than with any other, but it pains me to see it actually happen. I wanted them to get Blake Griffin, I really did. And now we know that Griffin is going to have a shyt career, because he's going to be on the Clippers and get tainted by the curse.

They say history repeats itself.

I think this thread should be stickied as a reference for next year's lottery when the exact same bull**** is posted.

I actually hope that the Clippers do not take Griffen (not a very good chance unfortunately) because I really, really want the Grizzlies to get that pick. I don't know why, but I feel for the team, no not even the team I feel for the fans. I always pull for the underdogs until my team eventually makes it to the top. The Cavs unfortunately are the only team that has gotten to the top so far. If the Grizzlies select Thabet it may actually be better because of his D.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I think this thread should be stickied as a reference for next year's lottery when the exact same bull**** is posted.
    Lol, the sun shines on even a dog's ass some days. They'll be right some day and that day they'll run around the forums screaming about how right they are.