Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Is Danny Granger alive?

Where the hell is this dude? He hasn't played in 8 years. DRose got called out for being soft but Granger is even softer. A freaking calf strain! Dude needs to man up or the Pacers should trade him for someone that will contribute. I'm thinking Bulls go into tank mode and accept Granger + 2 future 1st round picks for Deng in the process screwing Miami.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Is Danny Granger alive?

"Very likely" to play against the Bobcats on Friday. Said he probably coulda gone against Miami but didn't wanna junk up the rotations in a big game for the standings.

Pacers are about to get better. Hopefully.

It's been like a year and half since he's been on the court. D-Rose was cautious being a weight bearing franchise player. Meanwhile Granger had been overtaken as the Pacers best player 2 times over by both Hibbert, and P. George. There is no reason he shouldn't be on the floor by now. People hate Melo? I really hate Granger. Talk about a LEGIT one dimensional, overrated chucker, whose one dimension he isn't even elite at like Melo.

He played in preseason, all 5 games. Looked solid in the last 3 or so. Lot of facilitating, dishing to cutters off guys closing.

It's not like he's been on a stationary bike for 14 months.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    He played in preseason, all 5 games. Looked solid in the last 3 or so. Lot of facilitating, dishing to cutters off guys closing.

It's not like he's been on a stationary bike for 14 months.
    I don't want Miami getting any free passes like last season. Granger needs to play and play well. Pacers will definitely beat Miami in the playoffs if everyone is 100%.

If anything the training staff has been REALLY cautious bringing him back. It's absolutely NOTHING BUT MY OPINION but from his interviews I think he feels like he's been ready to play for a minute, a good 10+ days or so.

But from the staff's POV, why screw up a good thing? Long season, get to 100%, which his knee (that kept him out last year) allegedly is, get the calf healed up (opposite leg, not out of the question they're related, but likely not), so just an unfortunate piece of luck after [allegedly] getting his knee healthy. Shit happens. Pacers are kicking ass, why force him back before it's foolproof obvious he's ready? It's still mid-December.

That said, Granger has a degenerative knee condition and you can't "fix it." But he can play, hopefully. He can damn sure play 15-20 minutes a night and rain spot up 3s. And if he feels good come playoffs? Let's go.

NBA lottery pick

If anything the training staff has been REALLY cautious bringing him back. It's absolutely NOTHING BUT MY OPINION but from his interviews I think he feels like he's been ready to play for a minute, a good 10+ days or so.

But from the staff's POV, why screw up a good thing? Long season, get to 100%, which his knee (that kept him out last year) allegedly is, get the calf healed up (opposite leg, not out of the question they're related, but likely not), so just an unfortunate piece of luck after [allegedly] getting his knee healthy. Shit happens. Pacers are kicking ass, why force him back before it's foolproof obvious he's ready? It's still mid-December.

That said, Granger has a degenerative knee condition and you can't "fix it." But he can play, hopefully. He can damn sure play 15-20 minutes a night and rain spot up 3s. And if he feels good come playoffs? Let's go.
    would you trade granger + 2 future 1st rounders for Deng? Both are expiring contracts and the bulls will most likely let Deng walk after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    would you trade granger + 2 future 1st rounders for Deng? Both are expiring contracts and the bulls will most likely let Deng walk after the season.
    We traded our 1st for Scola so it's not possible. Otherwise, yeah, I would. Granger won't be coming back next year, unless he takes the minimum or something really close to it. Dude'll probalby be living out Kobe's last days in LA.

NBA lottery pick

We traded our 1st for Scola so it's not possible. Otherwise, yeah, I would. Granger won't be coming back next year, unless he takes the minimum or something really close to it. Dude'll probalby be living out Kobe's last days in LA.
    How about 2016 + 2018 1st round picks? Bulls might consider tanking if they continue to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    How about 2016 + 2018 1st round picks? Bulls might consider tanking if they continue to struggle.
    **** no.

Granger + Hibbert for Nash + Pau + Cash?

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Granger + Hibbert for Nash + Pau + Cash?
    only if we can swap Vogel for Mike D.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

only if we can swap Vogel for Mike D.
    you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    you serious?