Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast
    Orlando 2010 Champs oballers4life's Avatar

Default Re: Varejao re-ups with Cleveland for 6 years $50 million

so does he start??

for that money i would think so

Local High School Star

Congrats to Cleveland for overpaying for trash which couldnt start at the 4 for 2/3 of the other teams in the league.

Saw a basketball once CosaNostra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    And for all of the Laker fans that continue to troll

Andy was signed to a 42.5/6yr. deal ($7.083 million per) and the last year wasnt guarenteed. He only gets 50 million if he reaches unsaid incentives.

So if you wanna get technical, he actually took a paycut in terms of guarenteed $$$ but he'll probably get a little more than 42.5 in the end.
    although I do agree with chopchop's message of taking care of your own players... Varejao is a hustle player with limited offensive ability... when he's making more than the likes of Ron Artest... something's wrong. The Cavs obviously need him back unless they want to start like Hickson at the 4 (lol) but I'm don't think $7 million is what he's worth.

Very good NBA starter

wow

Maybe 2-3 years at 24 million...

but 6 years?!

National High School Star

He'll probably get $25m then get upto $25m more if meets certain targets like certain number of flops, charging calls, and annoying Shaq in practice

Quote Originally Posted by oballers4life
    so does he start??

for that money i would think so
    If the Cavaliers don't aquire anyone else of course he starts. Who's going to start ahead of him? J.J. Hickson?

Saw a basketball once

Did the cavs forget a decimal point = 5.0MM over 6 years

50MM, you could have got Turk for that much - morons.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by tsnorquist
    Did the cavs forget a decimal point = 5.0MM over 6 years

50MM, you could have got Turk for that much - morons.
    if you dont know how the CBA just stfu because that statement just made YOU look like a moron, moron.

We have andy's bird right's so we can sign him for as much as we want. we dont have Turk's bird right's though.

College superstar

There isn't nearly the understanding about the salary cap there needs to be to judge this contract. The Bird rule allows teams to go over the salary cap to resign their own players. So the Cavs could give AV the money but could not use it to sign any of the other FA out there. AV and his agent had the Cavs over a barrel. Ferry could either sign AV to a deal or start Hickson in LBJs last season under contract, something that would not have gone over well.

As far as the deal goes, the last year is for 11M and is not guaranteed and there is no way he will be getting 11M. So really it is a 5 yr 31M contract with 8M in unknown incentives. This is more reasonable, especially considering the wall Ferry was up against.

My problem with the contract is that it puts Shaq and AV in the front court together and I just don't think they can play on the floor at the same time. Both players are worthless outside of 8 feet and having two guys that need to be close to the basket at the same time makes it impossible for both. This is why Z works so well with AV. Frye would be a perfect fit if they can get in in with the other half of their MLE, which would be a stretch.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    There isn't nearly the understanding about the salary cap there needs to be to judge this contract. The Bird rule allows teams to go over the salary cap to resign their own players. So the Cavs could give AV the money but could not use it to sign any of the other FA out there. AV and his agent had the Cavs over a barrel. Ferry could either sign AV to a deal or start Hickson in LBJs last season under contract, something that would not have gone over well.

As far as the deal goes, the last year is for 11M and is not guaranteed and there is no way he will be getting 11M. So really it is a 5 yr 31M contract with 8M in unknown incentives. This is more reasonable, especially considering the wall Ferry was up against.

My problem with the contract is that it puts Shaq and AV in the front court together and I just don't think they can play on the floor at the same time. Both players are worthless outside of 8 feet and having two guys that need to be close to the basket at the same time makes it impossible for both. This is why Z works so well with AV. Frye would be a perfect fit if they can get in in with the other half of their MLE, which would be a stretch.
    i hope we can get frye too. if not, then sign a more low-key free agent like Drew Gooden, and such that can stretch the floor. As long as we get that jumpshooting PF, our off-season would be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    i hope we can get frye too. if not, then sign a more low-key free agent like Drew Gooden, and such that can stretch the floor. As long as we get that jumpshooting PF, our off-season would be complete.
    People are saying Frye signed with Phoenix, although i have not seen anythng resembling an official announcment.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People are saying Frye signed with Phoenix, although i have not seen anythng resembling an official announcment.

Your Avatar....smokin.

Good college starter

this deal is so bad it is on McHales level

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Channing Frye is probably a better player then Varejao and he got a 2yr/$3.8mil contract....