Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Outside of Wiggins who else in next years class is good?

As a Sixers fan of course all fingers are crossed to win the Wiggins sweepstakes. Even tho I don't know much of him besides a highlight video and people talkin him up as a cant miss prospect.

But with two first rd picks hopefully lottery (stink it up Pelicans not too much). There have to be alternatives. 2003 class gem was Bron but it also produced sole great talent outside of him. Hoping this class is the similar.

Banned

Default Re: Outside of Wiggins who else in next years class is good?

Wiggins is the highlight of this draft but Parker would be the #1 pick in most of the past drafts. I guess you could compare him to Paul Pierce/Carmelo Anthony. Julius Randle is also very good and could be a #1 pick in some drafts. All three of them would've gone first in this draft. After that you have Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison and Aaron Gordon. This draft is stacked and is one of, if not, the best we've seen since '03. Hopefully my Cs can tank all the way to getting Wiggins

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Wiggins play. I saw a few of his HS games, and while I was wildly impressed with his length and athleticism, and paired with his jumpshot, all of warranting the TMac comps. What I didn't see was the transcendent, just makes the game look different kind of impression I got from Lebron, and a few others over the years. I got a similar vibe off of Durant though, so there's that.

I'm also not as high on Parker as most. I feel like he's just a tad limited athletically.

I do absolutely love Julius Randle though. A real, genuine PF of that physical ilk hasn't come through HS at this level to me since Chris Webber. At 6-9, he's listed at 250, which is huge for a high school kid, and he's a top shelf athlete, and has a ton of skill, even can stretch the floor a bit.
    I also love Aaron Gordon. People are gonna fall for him athletically. I'm afraid he's a tad to small and might get caught in between. But he's so young he can still grow. He's got some Blake Griffin type potential.

And both Smart and Harrison would've been top 7 this year, they both feel like genuine franchise PGs, not lets hope this works like the projectable PGs we saw in this draft.

Internationally, Dario Saric was considered by many to be the best international prospect in the 2013 draft before withdrawing his name. Sort of an all-court PF. Not the traditionally great shooter you frequently think of foreign bigs as, but a really high IQ, good shooter, ball handler, passer.

I don't know that this draft will have the depth this past one did. I seriously feel like teams got guys who can make rotations in the second round this year.

Decent college freshman

If Philly doesn't get Wiggins, they have to hope they at least get Randle, maybe Parker. One of the 3 would be fantastic as their 3 for the next 10 years, paired with Noel,MCW and whoever they pick with the NO pick.

Decent college freshman

Smart is probably a bit overrated btw. I like him and its not impossible he woudl have gone as high as 2nd overall and obviously been the first PG off the board, but its also not impossible Burke,MCW and Mccollum all would have passed him. This is a guy who doesn't shoot very well and had an A/TO rate of something like 4/3. That's awful, though I do like his size,defense and demeanor.

Julius Randle is probably the 2nd best from a talent standpoint. Wayne Selden, the other wing going to KU is gonna be real good, he's D-Wade esque. Marcus Smart is really good. The Harrison Twins are talented, but they have awful attitudes so they might flop.

Chris Walker and Kasey Hill outta UF will be very good players as well... LeBryan Nash, Cory Jefferson, Isiah Austin, Noah Vonleh, Gary Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Smart is probably a bit overrated btw. I like him and its not impossible he woudl have gone as high as 2nd overall and obviously been the first PG off the board, but its also not impossible Burke,MCW and Mccollum all would have passed him. This is a guy who doesn't shoot very well and had an A/TO rate of something like 4/3. That's awful, though I do like his size,defense and demeanor.
    Nope, Smart is rated correctly.

Banned

Vonleh said he's staying for at least two years in college :/

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Aaron Craft.

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Aaron Craft.

lol, he will be useless in the NBA.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Wiggins, Randle, Smart, Parker, and Gordon all have a chance to be top tier guys in the NBA. And this is only the preseason list, every year somebody plays themself to the top, such as Oladipo this year.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Julius Randle is probably the 2nd best from a talent standpoint. Wayne Selden, the other wing going to KU is gonna be real good, he's D-Wade esque. Marcus Smart is really good. The Harrison Twins are talented, but they have awful attitudes so they might flop.

Chris Walker and Kasey Hill outta UF will be very good players as well... LeBryan Nash, Cory Jefferson, Isiah Austin, Noah Vonleh, Gary Harris.

I totally agree on Seldon. Someone's gonna get to steal him late in the lottery if he comes out, because the presence of Wiggins means he's not gonna get the iso moments he woulda gotten at another school more than likely to show his total breakdown game. He'll have moments, but not the full highlight real. A little like how Eric Bledsoe felt like a flier because John Wall's presence meant he could fully show off his full package.
    But watching Seldon's stuff from HS, it's clear the kid is a pretty full package. He's pretty beastly for a wing player, and his shot looks sound.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus

Ha, well in that case............

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Wiggins, Randle, Smart, Parker, and Gordon all have a chance to be top tier guys in the NBA. And this is only the preseason list, every year somebody plays themself to the top, such as Oladipo this year.
    Guys play themselves out of the top every year too. Barnes and Muhammad for example.

Very good NBA starter

James Young will be a star SG in the NBA.

Scores in buckets and is more athletic than Beal and Mclemore while having a midrange game.

Joel Embiid played himself into the top 3 for sure